Keeping Up with Scotty

buttons66

1 hour ago, sinycalone said:

It took 4 guys to write Small Town on It...hmmm.  I would say that the song is much more Chris Lane's style than Scotty's.

In general, when there is a collaboration the first artist named usually has a bigger part than the others. Since Chris is named first, it didn't surprise me that the song is more his style. However, IMO this blended both of their own styles more than I thought it would. I assume that they wanted 2 different style artists to mesh their different sounds & I think the song succeeded in doing that.

FYI: This is currently #23 on iTunes Country & #78 on iTunes all-genre.

Edited by ptebwwong
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

In general, when there is a collaboration the first artist named usually has a bigger part than the others. Since Chris is named first, it didn't surprise me that the song is more his style. However, IMO this blended both of their own styles more than I thought it would. I assume that they wanted 2 different style artists to mesh their different sounds & I think the song succeeded in doing that.

FYI: This is currently #23 on iTunes Country & #78 on iTunes all-genre.

I thought that only applied when the collaboration was listed as (example) Small Town on It by Chris Lane, featuring Scotty McCreery.

47 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

I thought that only applied when the collaboration was listed as (example) Small Town on It by Chris Lane, featuring Scotty McCreery.

Not necessarily. For example, Jimmie Allen's current single "Freedom Was A Highway" is credited as Jimmie & Brad. The song fits Jimmie's style & he's credited first. Brad brings his own sound to the song. IMO a reason the song works is because both of them brought their own sound to it & didn't try to change their style to fit the other. That's what I think Chris & Scotty both did.

Posted (edited)

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/scotty-mccreery-on-randy-travis-cmt-artist-of-a-lifetime-honor-nobody-deserves-it-more-than-you/?fbclid=IwAR0fAxW2t7nXo4katjtzKL_o5ozvDbsXn-tsBveqeJZUK6

BeFunky-collage-2021-10-07T155701.795.jp

Scotty McCreery On Randy Travis’ CMT ‘Artist Of A Lifetime’ Honor: “Nobody Deserves It More Than You”

Edited by buttons66

6sLQWBx0_bigger.jpg

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 told you guys tonight was going to be fun! Look forward to hanging out with AND another special guest on the pregame show tonight! I’ll give you a hint: his name rhymes with Wustin Jilliams. 👀 Join us outside the arena at 6pm or on
======================================================================================

JQSbDMar_normal.jpg

TrippTracy

@TrippTracy
· 20m
On Board of Directors of Huge Caniacs- @ScottyMcCreery joins our @BallySportsSO Pregame Show Tonight ! 6pm Eastern. Happy Belated Birthday Scotty Baby! ⚒🐺 @digintripp / http://DigInTripp.com. Fellow Wolfie @abbylabar_ aka “LaBar Down” will be ready

FBqMZUPXMAMbAWz?format=jpg&name=medium
  • Like 1

st8cupgolf..

.SCOTTY & the guys heading to BALLY HACK NEXT WEEKEND.........

It’s that time of the year again! With great anticipation we’re pumped to announce it’s OFFICIALLY St8 Cup week. The boys will be heading north to Ballyhack Golf Club located in Roanoke, VA. The 2009 Lester George design promises great theater for the 2-day, stroke play event. Follow our story this coming weekend with exciting coverage from @red_64. Special thanks to @dormienetwork for hosting!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVIvlbQg_Ge/

246191348_404185234670277_77641110431746

• Like 1

Just now, buttons66 said:
st8cupgolf..

.SCOTTY & the guys heading to BALLY HACK NEXT WEEKEND.........

It’s that time of the year again! With great anticipation we’re pumped to announce it’s OFFICIALLY St8 Cup week. The boys will be heading north to Ballyhack Golf Club located in Roanoke, VA. The 2009 Lester George design promises great theater for the 2-day, stroke play event. Follow our story this coming weekend with exciting coverage from @red_64. Special thanks to @dormienetwork for hosting!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVIvlbQg_Ge/

246191348_404185234670277_77641110431746

Whoop, whoop!  That's where I live now, Roanoke!!  The leaves haven't changed that much yet, but they will soon!!  It's about 7 miles from me on the other side of the Blue Ridge Parkway!  I hope they have a blast and the weather is good!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

I thought it was but some of the things I saw about BallyHack claimed it was WV......

I know...when I first looked it up, I thought they indicated it was in WV.  

27 minutes ago, maryhayden274 said:

Did anyone see that there will be a Hallmark Christmas movie on Nov 20 called Five More Minutes based on Scotty's Song?

YES i,...DETAILS  all posted on the EVENT CALENDER THREAD..but will post it here also 

Edited by buttons66

Posted in ALL ACCESS 

• Scotty McCreery Inspires Hallmark Christmas Romance Film With His Song, 'Five More Minutes'

by Laura Moxley
    October 22, 2021 at 1:11 PM (PT)
  • scottymccreery_youtime_clean-2021-10-22.jpg

McCreery (Photo: John Shearer)

TRIPLE TIGERS RECORDS artist SCOTTY McCREERY has inspired a HALLMARK CHRISTMAS romance movie with his song, "Five More Minutes." The holiday movie, starring NIKKI DeLOACH and DAVID-HAYDEN JONES, will also be titled "Five More Minutes," and is set to premiere on SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20th on the HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES channel (HMM).

In a brief synopsis, HALLMARK says that the film is about a woman who receives her CHRISTMAS wish when she discovers her late grandfather's journal, revealing an untold romance.

"Five More Minutes" was McCREERY's first #1 hit in 2018.

• Like 1

Billboard Country 

Scotty McCreery's Five More Minutes Inspires Christmas Movie

Scotty McCreery
Jeff Ray*

Scotty McCreery

The movie will air Nov. 20 at 10 p.m. ET on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel.

Scotty McCreery's 2018 Billboard Country Airplay chart-topper "Five More Minutes" will soon get the Hallmark television movie treatment. The song has inspired a movie by the same title, which will air Nov. 20 at 10 p.m. ET on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel.

In the movie, which stars Nikki DeLoach and David Haydn-Jones, a woman's holiday wish is answered in unexpected ways when her late grandfather's journal is discovered, revealing a previously untold romance.

Though McCreery will not appear in the movie, he does serve as an executive producer on the project.

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1