Keeping Up with Scotty

Posted (edited)

Scotty calls into @QYK Tampa..they trick him with TBrady!!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=search&v=142831087766436&external_log_id=2c94f4c2-05f5-4043-b446-8f0510c9c687&q=scotty mccreery videos

Scotty McCreery talked to Tampa Bay's Morning Krewe this morning. The Krewe pulled a prank on Scotty and it involves Tom Brady.

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right on schedule.  And it's my understanding that it's not going to be a song that we've already heard...[Warning: TT keeps changing the release date. 30:70 chance it'll be released this week.  70:30

Scotty,Gabi and friends are sure hurting today with such a tragic loss of their friend Yameer Such a beautiful rendition ..and tribute 🙏  

Cracker Barrel   @CrackerBarrel ·

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
musicrowmagazine
Verified

Scotty McCreery Signs With Universal Music Publishing Nashville

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNF4OifhjVP/

166602592_195398065717943_17905358635646

Verified

Multi-Platinum Recording Artist @scottymccreery has signed an exclusive, worldwide publishing agreement with Universal Music Publishing Nashville.

Scotty, we are thrilled to be a part of your team. Welcome to the family! 🌟

Scotty - welcome to the Universal team!!!!

Edited by buttons66
Proud to announce that I have signed with for my songwriting. Really excited to work with Troy Tomlinson, Terry Wakefield and their team. Songwriting is one of my favorite things to do, so being part of the UMPG family is huge.
Pictured below (left to right) are my managers Scott Stem and George Couri at Triple 8 Mgt; Terry Wakefield at UMPG; me; and Troy Tomlinson at UMPG.
With our masks on, we look like we're gonna rob a bank, don't we? 😆

167631956_296573981834419_18006615203820

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

MUSIC ROW 

unnamed-1-42.jpg

Scotty McCreery has signed an exclusive, worldwide publishing agreement with Universal Music Publishing Nashville.

McCreery won the American Idol competition 10 years ago, and since then has become an award-winning country artist with many accolades under his belt. He’s a three-time BMI Award winner as the writer of one of the top 50 country songs of the year in 2015 for “See You Tonight,” in 2018 for “Five More Minutes,” and in 2019 for “This is It,” as well as winner of the NSAI Songwriter Award for One of the Top Ten Songs I Wish I’d Written for “Five More Minutes” in 2018. The multi-Platinum selling singer-songwriter co-wrote all 11 songs on his most recent album, the RIAA Gold-certified Seasons Change, including his three consecutive No. 1 hits: “Five More Minutes,” “See You Tonight,” and “In Between.” McCreery is also a co-writer of his current single “You Time.”

“We all watched as Scotty came onto the scene as a high school athlete who simply loved to sing and entertain,” says Terry Wakefield, Senior Vice President of A&R, UMPG Nashville. “He has now grown into one of country music’s most consistent hit makers. We are thrilled to represent him and his songs.”

“Writing songs is one of my favorite things to do,” says McCreery. “I’ve written nearly all my life, and since coming to Nashville ten years ago, I’ve had the opportunity to co-write with many talented songwriters in town who have both taught and encouraged me. Signing with Universal Music Publishing and working with Troy Tomlinson, Terry Wakefield, and all the great folks on their team is another big step in my songwriting journey. I am proud to call Universal Music Publishing my home.”

McCreery is currently writing and recording the anticipated follow-up to his acclaimed Seasons Change, with “You Time” as the lead single. Written by McCreery, Frank Rogers and Aaron Eshuis, and produced by Rogers, Eshuis and Derek Wells, the track has garnered nearly 11 million streams since its release and is steadily climbing up the country charts.

McCreery is represented by Triple 8 Management’s George Couri and Scott Stem for management, as well as WME’s Nate Towne for booking.

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1

Surprise !

I lose track of all that publishing thing.  Who is the equivalent entity he's with now?  They stressed the "world wide" part of it.  Seems like Spirit/ Orchard are involved.  Or is that a different piece of the pie.?

Ah, Wakefield left Sony for UMPG in 2019 as did Tomlinson

Edited by tfortexas
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
scottymccreery
Verified
Throw 🔙 to singing the anthem at game 1 of the 2011 world series! Happy Opening Day yall🙌🏼 #tbt #openingday

167212002_1024831104714594_6890450926637

I remember working in Cedar Rapids Iowa that week and decided I had to be there for that one. Left at lunch, drove 4 1/2 hours to St. Louis, watched 6 innings with you and drove back to Iowa. Wasn’t going to miss that one!
Edited by buttons66
Posted (edited)

Pick 6: Scotty McCreery Picks His 6 Favorite Characters From ‘Yellowstone’

written by Jim Casey April 1, 2021
pick-6-scotty-mccreery-picks-6-favorite-characters-yellowstone

Scotty McCreery sat down with Outsider to chat about his six favorite characters from the TV drama Yellowstone.

Outsider is flipping the script with its new interview series, Pick 6. Sure, we can talk to country artists all day long about country music, but we thought it would be fun to put them on the defensive with three random topics and let them pick.

In the hot seat today: Scotty McCreery. From American Idol winner to bona fide country star, Scotty is currently working on the follow-up to his 2018 No. 1 album, Season’s Change. The 11-song offering featured three No. 1 singles: “Five More Minutes,” “This Is It,” and “In Between.” The 27-year-old’s new single, “You Time,” is currently Top 40 on country radio.

Let’s see if Scotty can Pick 6.

Scotty McCreery’s Picks

Outsider: Alright, Scotty, you ready for your three random topics?

Scotty: Let’s do it.

Outsider: Favorite golf courses? Favorite fast-food chicken? Favorite Yellowstone characters?

Scotty: Oh, man. Yeah. All good options there. I could talk golf all day, chicken too. Why don’t we do . . . I’m not the biggest TV guy, but I really fell in love with Yellowstone, so I want to do that.

Outsider: Get us started.

6. Chief Thomas Rainwater (Gil Birmingham)

Scotty: I’m going to start with Thomas Rainwater, the head of the Broken Rock Reservation. For me, when I started watching the show, I almost didn’t want to like him because he was interfering with the Duttons and their land, and I was rooting for them. But you kind of learn that he’s just a good guy sticking up for what he believes in, and so you respect him for that.

5. Kayce Dutton (Luke Grimes)

Scotty: I love Kayce. He’s in the family, he’s got to do what he’s got to do, but you can tell that he still has that moral compass in his heart about what he sees as right and wrong. You can tell when he’s feeling bad. He’s got to raise a family, and he’s looking out for his wife and his kid. But sometimes being a part of the Duttons leaves you no choice. And Kayce always gets the job done.

4. Jimmy Hurdstrom (Jefferson White)

Scotty: Jimmy. He just cracks me up. Jimmy is just that guy. He feels like he just is a screw-up, but he keeps trying, and he’s going to fit in, he’s going to make it work. The bull-riding stuff, he was not cut out for it initially, but he learns, and he grows, and he gets better. Definitely was not made for the ranch, but they say you can learn. And I think he did a good job of learning. And he cracks me up.

3. Rip Wheeler (Cole Hauser)

Scotty: Rip is a man’s man, big burly dude that you just don’t want to cross. For me, I always wish I was better with my hands or I could do more outdoorsy stuff, like riding horses. That, to me, just seems like the dream. Now, some of the stuff he’s got to take care of does not seem like the stuff that I want to be taking care of, like him driving people to the train station. Obviously, that would freak me out. I could never do that kind of stuff. But whatever John Dutton needs, Rip makes happen. He’s a tough guy, but also has a softer side that Beth brings out.

2. John Dutton (Kevin Costner)

Scotty: I’ll go with John Dutton, but I am going back and forth with two and one. But man, I think Kevin Costner absolutely crushes this role. He just makes the show with his delivery and that voice. I’ve never heard Kevin Costner talk like that before, but it’s so believable. He’ll do anything for his family. He’ll do anything to protect what he thinks is his, and his land, and the legacy. John will do anything, to a fault. There is no BS with him. That’s pretty awesome.

1. Beth Dutton (Kelly Reilly)

Scotty: I think Beth Dutton is amazing. Again, the no BS, doesn’t take crap from anyone. The biggest, baddest dude at the bar should be afraid of Beth because she is the real deal. The tornado. She cracks me up, too. She’s funny. And she’s crazy. She’s smart. And she’s tough. To me, she’s the best character on the show.

Edited by buttons66
7 hours ago, tfortexas said:

Lol, does any other artist get their picture taken more?

Probably not ...but there's quite a few who do alot of posting pictures of themselves .🤔 ..But I think this session might be for the Album pictures etc.🙏

Posted (edited)

These videos for numerous artists are popping up on You Tube daily made by 'fans '...........the one below has nearly 40.000 views. My question is are the plays each song gets, are they credited to the artist for any possible RIIA certifications..OR are they only credited if posted by the artist themselves ..VEVO etc.

Anybody know???

Edited by buttons66
9 minutes ago, buttons66 said:

These videos for numerous artists are popping up on You Tube daily made by 'fans '...........the one below has nearly 40.000 views. My question is are the plays each song gets, are they credited to the artist for any possible RIIA certifications..OR are they only credited if posted by the artist themselves ..VEVO etc.

Anybody know???

"Only official label/company videos count towards certification, User Generated Videos do not."

https://www.riaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/DIGITAL-SINGLE-AWARD-RIAA-AND-GRF-CERTIFICATION-AUDIT-REQUIREMENTS.pdf

• Like 2

I wonder how many fans/users believe they are helping their favorite artist by putting these videos on YouTube?  In actuality, they are hurting the artist's numbers by doing so.

• Like 1

Thanks Deb for confirming that ..I thought it was that ....BUT couple of days ago noticed sooo many of these videos popping up on You Tube and I noticed majority of them ,comments posted are generally from fans thinking they are 'talking' to the artist ,as if it's an 'official' video ! There are many of these videos that have millions of views from various artists,and it got me thinking about the legalities of these videos etc. ( yeah my brain goes off on tangents sometimes!! LOL)🤔

Once you start reading all this legal jargon on copyrights,the use of ads in videos ,permissions etc .....mind-boggling 😮

However, one of these videos was posted on WSG this morning and sure enough many thinking the same that Scotty posted it  as an official video etc....based on comments.

I know artists make very little money from You Tube ,but i would hate to think some of these you tubers are able to make any profit from their use ,altho I expect many know their way around the system.!! But when you collectively look at the amount of views that count towards certification are taken away from the artist ..seems very unfair and not sure why You Yube would allow it ..altho they maynot care !!

Due to Morgan Wallens issues recently, his notoriety has gone thru the roof ,much in his favor ,BUT also millions of views on this type of video featuring his songs . SMH

• Like 2

It sometimes takes a while...but eventually many of these un-official videos are taken down at the "request" of YouTube.  YouTube does it at the request of the   artist or his agent.  Of course, while the video is up, it does hurt the artist's numbers -- and nothing can be done about that.  I suspect it's a split -- between posters who don't care about anything by their own numbers...and those who genuinely think they are helping that artist.

Posted (edited)

Good sign when you see some recording going on ......:ohyeah:

172542216_2976619659235303_4959936408710

I think this is the same recording studio he was at a few weeks ago ..he called it The LAB. 

Looks pretty nice..could move my entire living room in there .Love the vaulted ceiling and beams ....😍

174199212_2976650309232238_7594609562640

Edited by buttons66
  • Like 1