3. Grace should have been final 2 over Willie 

4. Casey will outsell Willie in album sales

5. I loved Living on A Prayer on finale night

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Agreed.

Kris beating him was a crime.

Yeah like one person on Twitter who said Haley Reinhart not making the season 10 finale was akin to 9/11. I kid you not. So glad they deleted their tweet... 🙄

Why was it a crime? Because Adam hasn't suffered in poor music promo like Kris did post-Idol? Because Adam still makes magazine covers in the year 2021? Or because Adam fronts Queen after having a moment at the Idol season 8 finale 12 years ago?

What should Kris be in prison or something? LMAO. Just kidding of course.

I want to know why his win over Lambert is still a hot topic 12 years later.... Because it means nothing to me. Like Clay Aiken losing on season 2 means sh!! now as well. That guy doesn't even put out records anymore. XD

OH. And neither are with a record label at the moment. Both are independent. So despite Adam's popularity? He can't stick with a label either. "Creative differences?" More like boy can't write a hit song to save his life. IMO

Now was that an unpopular opinion? :haha:

Edited by KelseyW
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Agreed.

Kris beating him was a crime.

I'm always a bit indignant when those people directly put all the blame to Kris when he won over Adam—don't worry, it's not you and what I quote isn't even remotely close to what I actually refer. However I understand that given the circumstances at that time, in the heat of 2009, it's easier for people to blame Kris.

• Did Kris directly tamper the votes and rigged the voting system to favor himself over Adam?
  • Was Kris calculating that he was kind and helped other contestants during their practice only for one of the judges to point that out during the show and would favor him?
  • Was Kris a calculating person that he manipulated Adam into coming out, when back then LGBT wasn't as widely accepted as now, and would affect the public opinion?
  • Did Kris force important figures to convince others to "vote for the believers"?

Even if, IF, IF the Textgate was true, if the society was more inclined to "the believer" regardless the finalists' singing skills, or even if AI producers let Kris won regardless the voting results, it's not his fault. Instead of Kris, people should deliver their hatred to AT&T, AI producers, the voting system, or maybe the society in the past itself without disparaging Kris. Naturally this would be a different story if Kris indeed had some kind of involvement in cheating the system but where's the proof?

And just because people think Adam should've won, and just because we see now Adam garnered far more fame and wealth than Kris, Kris isn't a complete talentless typical WGWG victor. Idol has thrown Kris under the bus so many times. I was very weirded out when AI didn't include Kris in the Instagram filter thing and put Adam instead. I was even more appalled when AI retweeted something about "I cried when Adam Lambert lost". They knew Season 8 was very polarized and stirred up if not the most controversial polemic but they did it anyway.

Both Kris' victory on Idol and Adam's ongoing success will never be taintless if people can't just move on.

In the end, it's a hard life for all of us to endure.

Now for my unpopular opinion: I dislike Kris' No Boundaries and Live Like We're Dying.

Edited by Franz Herz
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Franz Herz said:

I'm always a bit indignant when those people directly put all the blame to Kris when he won over Adam—don't worry, it's not you and what I quote isn't even remotely close to what I actually refer. However I understand that given the circumstances at that time, in the heat of 2009, it's easier for people to blame Kris.

• Did Kris directly tamper the votes and rigged the voting system to favor himself over Adam?
  • Was Kris calculating that he was kind and helped other contestants during their practice only for one of the judges to point that out during the show and would favor him?
  • Was Kris a calculating person that he manipulated Adam into coming out, when back then LGBT wasn't as widely accepted as now, and would affect the public opinion?
  • Did Kris force important figures to convince others to "vote for the believers"?

Even if, IF, IF the Textgate was true, if the society was more inclined to "the believer" regardless the finalists' singing skills, or even if AI producers let Kris won regardless the voting results, it's not his fault. Instead of Kris, people should deliver their hatred to AT&T, AI producers, the voting system, or maybe the society in the past itself without disparaging Kris. Naturally this would be a different story if Kris indeed had some kind of involvement in cheating the system but where's the proof?

And just because people think Adam should've won, and just because we see now Adam garnered far more fame and wealth than Kris, Kris isn't a complete talentless typical WGWG victor. Idol has thrown Kris under the bus so many times. I was very weirded out when AI didn't include Kris in the Instagram filter thing and put Adam instead. I was even more appalled when AI retweeted something about "I cried when Adam Lambert lost". They knew Season 8 was very polarized and stirred up if not the most controversial polemic but they did it anyway.

Both Kris' victory on Idol and Adam's ongoing success will never be taintless if people can't just move on.

In the end, it's a hard life for all of us to endure.

Now for my unpopular opinion: I dislike Kris' No Boundaries and Live Like We're Dying.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

It was a very solid Top 2 anyway (even if I wanted it to be Kris and Allison… :ph34rwave:) Both had standouts moments throughout the season.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, KelseyW said:

I want to know why his win over Lambert is still a hot topic 12 years later.... Because it means nothing to me. Like Clay Aiken losing on season 2 means sh!! now as well. That guy doesn't even put out records anymore. XD

OH. And neither are with a record label at the moment. Both are independent. So despite Adam's popularity? He can't stick with a label either. "Creative differences?" More like boy can't write a hit song to save his life. IMO

Now was that an unpopular opinion? :haha:

this is a thread specifically dedicated to opinions and you’re mad at someone for saying they thought Adam should’ve won, complaining about them insulting Kris while then turning around and insulting Adam.

He might also be bringing it because… I don’t know… this is a forum dedicated to a show that’s been on for close to 20 years? Hell, just look at David Archuleta’s TikTok videos. He’ll post something completely unrelated to Idol and half of the comments are people saying he should’ve won.

But people are allowed to have their own opinions. And guess what - they don’t always line up with yours. But getting mad at people for not liking your favourites isn’t going to make people like them anymore. :wacko:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Franz Herz said:

I'm always a bit indignant when those people directly put all the blame to Kris when he won over Adam

People always blame whoever beat the person they’re talking about because that’s what you associate with. Look at Nikki outlasting Tamyra, Jasmine outlasting LaToya in S3, etc…

And technically speaking, Adam’s article where “officially” came out in the press was done after the season was finished from what I remember.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Elliott said:

People always blame whoever beat the person they’re talking about because that’s what you associate with. Look at Nikki outlasting Tamyra, Jasmine outlasting LaToya in S3, etc…

Doesn’t make it right ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

this is a thread specifically dedicated to opinions and you’re mad at someone for saying they thought Adam should’ve won, complaining about them insulting Kris while then turning around and insulting Adam.

He might also be bringing it because… I don’t know… this is a forum dedicated to a show that’s been on for close to 20 years? Hell, just look at David Archuleta’s TikTok videos. He’ll post something completely unrelated to Idol and half of the comments are people saying he should’ve won.

But people are allowed to have their own opinions. And guess what - they don’t always line up with yours. But getting mad at people for not liking your favourites isn’t going to make people like them anymore. :wacko:

Yep. And clearly my opinion on Adam being robbed is unpopular? lol

I get it. I shouldn't have insulted his songwriting. That was a low blow. I've honestly never gotten the hype about Adam and he'll remain that way for me in the future.

True. I guess I just didn't think that was an unpopular opinion? A ton of peeps think Kris winning for EONS was undeserved. I literally posted on the last page here that he deserved his win. Knowing full well that it was not a popular opinion. 

I'm sorry if it came across harsh, but after listening to bellyaching over Kris' win for 12 years I still get fired up when he is dismissed.

Nowhere did I dismiss Adam's talent or his success by the way. I just don't think he can write. It's literally his ONLY weak point as an artist, but that's just my vibe on the matter.

We can agree to disagree. As is the point to these forums. lol

Sigh. I try my hardest to not kneejerk react online and I am still weak. :/ 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Elliott said:

Yes that's absolutely human nature—wanting what they think the best for their favorites. But sometimes their bias is too strong that they'd ruthlessly disregard the other "wrong" party. I'm on the Kris's side of the fence but it'd be wrong if I hate or blame Adam only because some of his fans, who he has no full control of, has been denigrating Kris. Adam doesn't take responsibility for all of his fans' actions provided he doesn't light a fire under them against Kris. And he doesn't. He never did.

Take Miss Universe 2015 for example (Miss Colombia vs. Miss Philippines). It's normal for Colombia's supporters to feel she was wronged and humiliated from the crowning mistake. But they crossed the line when they thought Miss Colombia was supposed to be the real winner and rallied against Miss Philippines when in fact the judges had picked the latter to win the crown and the card Steve showed to rectify his mistake clearly (or perhaps not that clear for him) had Miss Colombia as the runner up and Miss Philippines as the Miss Universe. Miss Philippines deserved the crown to begin with and she wasn't responsible for Steve's mistake. However it was wrong for Miss Colombia to always brought up the incident later and believed she was the real winner.

Unfortunately, in Season 8, people who are naturally more biased were the voters and if the judges did intervene the results at the finale, it wasn't transparent and impossible to do so without disrespecting the very nature of the voting system, especially when it was crucial in the finale. This was also aggravated when, if I'm not mistaken, the vote gap at the time wasn't undisclosed until later unlike the previous seasons. The circumstances arised suspicions and vulnerable people were more inclined to make imprudent and uncritical responses.

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

And technically speaking, Adam’s article where “officially” came out in the press was done after the season was finished from what I remember.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Edited by Franz Herz
Diction
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Franz Herz said:

This was also aggravated when, if I'm not mistaken, the vote gap at the time wasn't undisclosed until later unlike the previous seasons.

It was hit or miss if they disclosed voting gaps between the top two. In S1, they stated the percentages that each finalist got in the finale, while in S2, they just simply said it was only 100,000 votes that separated the two. S3 and S4 weren't disclosed, and S5's percentage gap was only made public when the S5 finalists went on Larry King Live and it was revealed because of how huge the gap was (I wanna say Taylor got somewhere between 69-71% of the vote). S6 was back to nothing being announced, while S7 said both the percentages that each David got (which I don't recall off the top of my heads) as well as how big the voting gap was (12 million votes). I don't think they've ever announced anything anymore starting in S9, though in S14, they did mention that the top three all polled within a percentage point of one another ahead of the finale.

So them not announcing it between Kris and Adam wasn't really out of the ordinary, but people decided to take a conspiracy theory and run with it even if was rather obvious that Adam was never going to win Idol to begin with.

Edited by Elliott

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

True. I guess I just didn't think that was an unpopular opinion? A ton of peeps think Kris winning for EONS was undeserved. I literally posted on the last page here that he deserved his win. Knowing full well that it was not a popular opinion. 

We can agree to disagree. As is the point to these forums. lol

Sigh. I try my hardest to not kneejerk react online and I am still weak. :/ 

During S8, both were loved at IDF alongside Allison. Adam may have had the more active contestant board (back when those were a thing), but that's because the GD tended to be pro-Kris. Over time, the Adam fans have disappeared whereas Kris remains one of the more popular male winners at IDF. So saying he should've won isn't really an unpopular opinion at IDF since IDF loves him :haha:

FWIW, I much prefer Kris to Adam as well so I don't think we're really disagreeing on anything there. :haha: Kris v Allison was the finale I wanted because I was team cannon fodder after the shenanigans from the producer's that year. Even if my actual favourite placed 10th.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So them not announcing it between Kris and Adam wasn't really out of the ordinary, but people decided to take a conspiracy theory and run with it even if was rather obvious that Adam was never going to win Idol to begin with.

:yes:

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I didn't say it did. :P Just that it's easier to say, for example, "____ robbed ____" rather than "_____ was robbed by the American voters in favour of _____ in my opinion." :rofl: I spent years "blaming" KLC for Michael Johns' elimination without actually blaming her, if that makes sense lol

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The conspiracy theory incited by the Textgate. I stand corrected and agree whether if the vote had been revealed, people would have still deemed it as "unreliable and manipulated" even when FOX claimed that the voting process was monitored by an independent party to ensure the votes were accurate and verified.

It's the Textgate issue that sealed the inevitable misfortune.

43 minutes ago, Elliott said:
6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I didn't say it did. :P Just that it's easier to say, for example, "____ robbed ____" rather than "_____ was robbed by the American voters in favour of _____ in my opinion."

👍👍👍

Edited by Franz Herz

Everyone is allowed to express their opinions. Adam is one of my all-time favorites and when he lost I was so mad because he was better than all the other competitors of his season by a continent mile. I can say anything I want(If it isn't against the forum rules).

3 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Everyone is allowed to express their opinions. Adam is one of my all-time favorites and when he lost I was so mad because he was better than all the other competitors of his season by a continent mile. I can say anything I want(If it isn't against the forum rules).

That’s debatable, but you’re entitled to your own opinion. 🙂 

4 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Facts. Adam is the most talented vocalist the show ever had besides possibly Kelly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

This is the Unpopular Opinions thread - not a Fan Page.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s debatable

I don't think that is.

Saying Adam's superiority in his season was debatable is like saying Cam being the best contestant of his season is debatable.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't think that is.

Saying Adam's superiority in his season was debatable is like saying Cam being the best contestant of his season is debatable.

Office Space No GIF

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 4:09 AM, Jordan Smith Fan said:

And yet... That's not an unpopular opinion? lol 

Adam was VERY popular. At TON of people thought (and still think) he should've won!

So....

It's just a matter of opinion and taste at this point.

Adam was overrated by the media, his fans, and the judges on Idol. As was Danny but that's a whole kettle of fish I ain't touching. lmao

Still don't think him losing was a crime, but you are talking to an Allison Iraheta (now her not making the Top 3 was horrible) and Kris fan.

The real crime is that 12 years later? Neither Adam nor Kris are uber famous enough to get songs on the radio. I think the last Adam song (besides the WWFM single) I heard on radio was "Ghost Town." and that was a long time ago...

I think it clearly doesn't matter if you win or lose Idol. The media/music industry will promote whoever they like the most. Not trying to be mean, but did Allison or Kris get a full page AD in Rolling Stone and a glowing review of their debut albums?

Let me just say I don't hate Adam. I think he's one of the most talented Idol alumni ever, but he's a crappy songwriter and without the Queen gig? IDK...

Season 8 man... Season 10-11 came close, but the rabid fanbases were all in that year. IMO :lolwave:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Season 8 man... Season 10-11 came close, but the rabid fanbases were all in that year. IMO :lolwave:

Not to downplay these seasons, but I take it you weren't around for the S5 fan wars. :haha:

• Haha 1