The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

As a democrat, I have to admit, that my party (not for long), has become synonymous with "censorship & corruption".  At what point, did it turn from being the party of great ideas,  free speech, anti war etc etc? I am not sure, but .... I am sure, after witnessing for myself, that the world, has turned upside down!!! And a big thanks, to those pointing it out the suppression & censorship  ... BIGLY. Here's Ted Cruz, skewering Twitter Founder, Dorsey during todays Election Suppression Hearings

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see the Trump supporters are as delusional as Trump here. Posting a bunch of fake conspiracy theories is pretty pathetic, but Trump knew he could manipulate his voters into this charade.  

I find it hilarious how Trumpsters (and Republicans in general) are just so used to cheating and bullying their way through life, that they simply can't fathom that 75 million Americans voted against

Me waiting for this groundbreaking evidence that has been posted about in this thread for well over a month that's going to win a court case and change everything.

Posted Images

I have seen Keean Bexte posted here as a legitimate source for right-wing news. Maybe they should stick to subtle lies that people might be able to believe. When you post crap that can easily be debunked you delegitimize literally everything else you say.

LB32ksQ.jpg

Q3GRM9g.png

Add Keean Bexte to the "do not read and believe they're reporting the truth" list.

28 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I have seen Keean Bexte posted here as a legitimate source for right-wing news. Maybe they should stick to subtle lies that people might be able to believe. When you post crap that can easily be debunked you delegitimize literally everything else you say.

LB32ksQ.jpg

Q3GRM9g.png

Add Keean Bexte to the "do not read and believe they're reporting the truth" list.

I have a lot of opinions regarding Keean that`s not worth sharing, to be honest. 

But you are right - why are literally using sources like him to back up a POV when his claims are not factual. 

And lol @ him using the NB case where there was an error with the memory card in 2014. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, psterina said:

As a democrat, I have to admit, that my party (not for long), has become synonymous with "censorship & corruption".  At what point, did it turn from being the party of great ideas,  free speech, anti war etc etc? I am not sure, but .... I am sure, after witnessing for myself, that the world, has turned upside down!!! And a big thanks, to those pointing it out the suppression & censorship  ... BIGLY. Here's Ted Cruz, skewering Twitter Founder, Dorsey during todays Election Suppression Hearings

As much as I’d like to say it’s not widespread, it does appear to be. I have spoken with a number of progressives that think “wokeism” is complete BS, that it has and will do real damage to the party. 

4 hours ago, ButterflyEffect said:

LB32ksQ.jpg

Q3GRM9g.png

Also, my ex-boss just shared Keean`s article & video on facebook #lol.

I am starting to wonder if she's a certain poster on this forum. 

14 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Also, my ex-boss just shared Keean`s article & video on facebook #lol.

I am starting to wonder if she's a certain poster on this forum. 

LOL. That's actually hysterical !  1st of all, can you find even one post, that I have posted of Keean?  I don't even know who he is. Anyone, can see ...... that I have been bringing the lawyer's info ( Guilliani, Lin Wood & Sidney Powell), regarding the Dominian fraud, in the U.S. Election. Come to think of it, I don't think ANYONE, has posted Keean, in IDF. The FACT is, we did use Dominian voting machines. The MAIN THING .... is that it is the SOFTWARE, which is the MAIN PROBLEM. And, it wasn't just the Dominian machines, that used this software. Software that was ACTUALLY DESIGNED, to flip votes. At least 29 states, used this software. I will be bringing updates, from the lawyers, and those sites, who post the lawyer's info.  :peace:

Lol with Trump getting recounts done specifically in Dane and Milwaukee counties. Where 74% of black Wisconsinites live. 

As somebody who was a poll worker in Dane for the last two years (not this election) it’s not surprising to send in numbers late because turnout tends to be so high for some elections that we spend hours after the polls close just making sure we get in every single mail-in ballot. And I don’t think Milwaukee even begins to process theirs until after the polls close. This is just a waste of $3 million for Donald Trump.

Also worth noting. We count every ballot and make sure the machine’s readout is the exact same as our own every hour. If it’s off we find the discrepancy and correct it and we report the discrepancy and how it was handled. We then at the end take out all the ballots and sort them to physically count all the registered write-in votes. And then immediately seal them. They have to be signed off before sealing and sent to the county clerk. After being a poll worker I’ve never been more confident in the results of elections. 

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 3
23 hours ago, Drew said:

As much as I’d like to say it’s not widespread, it does appear to be. I have spoken with a number of progressives that think “wokeism” is complete BS, that it has and will do real damage to the party. 

Unfortunately with America moving at least surface level fo the right the Democrats dont really speak to true liberals or Progressives. Most progressives voted for Biden to spite Trump.

Democrats are a lot about surface level appearance. Think of BLM or LGBT flags at work. Think of the brand names like Land o lakes and cream of wheat ( which ironically what they are doing is actually erasure)  Yet most long standing Democrats dont really lobby for real social change ( ie: they dont lobby much against for profit prisons, they are often against marijuana legalization etc)

I've seen part of it & I can't take it seriously. 

Hugo Chavez who died in 2013 is apparently responsible for it. 

Do they realize with their arguments, they're also putting all the states the GOP won in question since they all used the same voting machine? Probably not.  

19 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I have to say I've never seen hair dye run like that before.

No major film studio could've created such a perfect visual metaphor for the whole fiasco than Rudy's hair dye dripping down from his forehead.

Like I hate how every major news outlet has latched onto every minor gaffe by Trump and his gang to an annoying extent, but I'll give them this one since every day Donald's cronies stoop lower and lower and make bigger fools out of themselves.

Is it literal sh*t leaking for his head? Is his brain actually rotting? Is it the darkness in his mind escaping because even that's had enough of this nonsense? So many different ways to interpret it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, sneaky said:

Unfortunately with America moving at least surface level fo the right the Democrats dont really speak to true liberals or Progressives. Most progressives voted for Biden to spite Trump.

Democrats are a lot about surface level appearance. Think of BLM or LGBT flags at work. Think of the brand names like Land o lakes and cream of wheat ( which ironically what they are doing is actually erasure)  Yet most long standing Democrats dont really lobby for real social change ( ie: they dont lobby much against for profit prisons, they are often against marijuana legalization etc)

Bill Maher had a fantastic segment about this to end the show last week. Even progressive friends of mine that I talk to can't stand the "woke" movement and virtue signaling that goes on. My feeling about Joe Biden is one of indifference. Throughout his political career he's been a moderate largely, but obviously there's the concern among some that the progressive wing will keep him in check. I don't see that happening. At least I hope not. I largely do believe he'll be a single term and done and will hopefully bring in some folks from across the aisle. I base that on nothing, just my lofty hopes and dreams. We shall see. 

we need younger people running for president. people in their 70s should not be ruinng. you have to be 35 to ruun, how about also a cutoff age where you can run. maybe 65? that way you can get 2 good terms if they are doing a good job as President. I agre Biden will be one term. 

Edited by bswanson
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, bswanson said:

we need younger people running for president. people in their 70s should not be ruinng. you have to be 35 to ruun, how about also a cutoff age where you can run. maybe 65? that way you can get 2 good terms if they are doing a good job as President. I agre Biden will be one term. 

This. Not being agist, but completely fair. I still contend President Trump is a lot more youthful and energetic than Biden, but eh. 

Speaking of terms, TERM LIMITS has become one of my major issues. Being a congressman was never intended to be a career. You had regular jobs and you were putting that on hold to go Washington to serve the people. We have a senator here that unfortunately got re-elected to serve his 48th year. Yes, you read that correctly between being in the House and since 2013, the Senate. That should never be. I've voted against him based mostly on policy as he's much more progressive than I am, but he's also a complete dinosaur that has been in that town way longer than anyone should be. #rant