The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

With how politicized the past four years have been I'm not surprised to see an increase in turnout for both sides. Looking at the 2016 election, voter turnout was lower in Wisconsin than in 2012. Seems like quite a few of those who didn't vote in 2016 decided to vote this year, plus more.

8 hours ago, JC said:

I can see the Trump supporters are as delusional as Trump here. Posting a bunch of fake conspiracy theories is pretty pathetic, but Trump knew he could manipulate his voters into this charade.

Trump has basically been saying that the results are real if I win, and fake if I lose. STOP counting in Pennsylvania, WIsconsin, and Michigan (and now Georgia) because I will probably lose if you do, but KEEP counting in Arizona and Nevada because I could win if you do. Also now I want a RECOUNT in Wisconsin because I lost. It's just comical and sad. He's SEVENTY FOUR years old and our so called "president" but this is behavior you would expect from a FOUR year old trying to cheat at Monopoly. How anyone with a sane mind could justify this behavior is implausible.

The rest of the world views us as a entertaining joke reality show because that's what Trump has turned our country into. His twitter is viewed as a parody account by my European colleagues. I could start going into his response to COVID and making masks a partisan issue, but that would start a whole horrendous rabbit hole. Honestly, even Biden winning at this point still feels like a loss at this point because even after all the disgusting behavior and policies Trump has implemented, the electoral race is still this close. Honestly it should be by popular vote, Biden leads Trump by more than 3 million votes, and it is just going to grow as the rest of the votes are counted in the states that were easily decided. There really is no need for this ridiculous electoral college which is truly a way to steal an election when you have less votes.

It just goes to show that too many straight white people, in particular males, do not care about human rights for their BIPOC, LGBTQ+, minority, female, etc counterparts. If Biden wins, your rights will not be threatened and your lives will stay the same. If Trump wins, all these people without privilege will not have that same luxury. America is being eviscerated, which is extremely sad because we all used to have great pride in calling our country the best in the world without a second thought. Now, our country is deeply divided and the majority of our citizens do not have this same American pride because our "President" is incapable of unifying the country, he is only concerned with dividing us even more. Anyways, I need to stop before I continue ranting, seeing some of these idiotic posts just riled me up.

In Biden and Harris and all that is democratic and true, we pray 🙏

So ... you can't see the actual footage, of the fraud taking place?  Did you put your hands, over your eyes? 

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Well, over 45% of those with the all-time record turnout in MN voted for Trump, and 49% in Wisconsin, so....

A significant portion of conservatives/Republicans aren’t really crazy about Trump, including me. Logically, that should depress turnout on the right, but here we have two states with statistically implausible turnout rates. I’ll bet we could find many other anomalies throughout the country. It will be interesting to see what the final turnout numbers are in Philly, compared to the Messiah (Obama).  

And many democrats, turned out for Trump ... like me, and 5 others, that I personally know. The truth, is/will come out!

21 minutes ago, bswanson said:

Maybe the reason for the bigger voter turnout is due to the pandemic. Many aren’t happy about the way trump handled it firing the pandemic team wasn’t a good thing for example. More people voting isnt fraud 

Just let it play out. Lawsuits have been  filed in several states, because Democrats running the show won’t let Republicans observe the counting of mail-in ballots. This isn’t a banana republic...legal challenges are part of the process. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Just let it play out. Lawsuits have been  filed in several states, because Democrats running the show won’t let Republicans observe the counting of mail-in ballots. This isn’t a banana republic...legal challenges are part of the process. 

Yes. Everything needs to be looked at. Why, weren't democrats allowing the observing counting of mail-in ballots? They were supposed to. As we can see , there has been recorded shenanigans. proof of it. Question is ....  how much of it? Investigating this is, democracy at work, so let's see what turns up. 

3 minutes ago, psterina said:

Yes. Everything needs to be looked at. Why, weren't democrats allowing the observing counting of mail-in ballots? They were supposed to. As we can see , there has been recorded shenanigans. proof of it. Question is ....  how much of it? Investigating this is, democracy at work, so let's see what turns up. 

Yes, they are required by law to allow both parties access to ballots and to allow them to observe the counting.   

• Like 1

They’re allowed to watch, just on zoom. (And some were allowed in. It’s Covid regulations...) But that isn’t a ridiculous lawsuit. Some lawsuits have been, but that one is fine.

I’m confident when it is all said and done, Joe is going to win. But I will say, it is clear as day to me that Joe was the only Democrat with a shot to win this thing. 

after the last four years, I don’t understand. But it’s clear Donald has a hold on a significant portion of the population.

Edited by mercfan3

11 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

The only thing fake being posted, are your comments. Fake because you're not an idiot. Fake because calling something fake doesn't make it fake or make you look intelligent. Four states closing their counting early at the same time with no explanation when everyone can see that Trump was ahead, is not fake, it happened. Media refusing to call a state for hours or calling a state too early is not fake, it happened and will need to be answered for.

If you have an answer as to why these things happened, then pony up. But don't insult our intelligence by hiding behind words like "conspiracy or fake" maybe you should try "Russian interference". That has worked so well for you in the past.

Perfect answer!

25 minutes ago, psterina said:

And many democrats, turned out for Trump ... like me, and 5 others, that I personally know. The truth, is/will come out!

Translation: "Myself and six friends, plus a handful of other people posting in our partisan echo chamber voted Trump so it's actually impossible for Biden to win since we obviously couldn't be biased. Hence there must be fraud!"

15 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Any insight on why Fox hasn’t called Alaska for Trump? 🤨

Nhsiagy.png

It’s just that they haven’t really gotten enough of the vote. They’ve been calling it “too early to call.” Probably just slow counting.

there are some states where it is like “really.” I laughed at MSNBC not immediately calling Alabama and Mississippi. Like...come on.

4 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Translation: "Myself and six friends, plus a handful of other people posting in our partisan echo chamber voted Trump so it's actually impossible for Biden to win since we obviously couldn't be biased. Hence there must be fraud!"

Ummm .... I've already SHOWN you, evidence of fraud. Mail-in ballot fraud happening, on pages leading up to the election. Ballots found in ditches, dumpsters etc ...  And funny, how all of those, were for people voting for Trump. 

I do agree on the watching lawsuit. However just heard on radio trump wants to stop ballots in PA postmarked on Election Day to stop being counted. By law any ballots postmarked on Election Day has to be counted. I ask here what if it was your ballot don’t you want it counted

Apparently, #sharpiegate, is a thing. And ....   I was given a sharpie, to mark my ballot with. Is this more shenanigans? According to info coming out of AZ, it is a thing. And THAT, is a big part, of what is holding things up in AZ. This video, contains some info on it. And, for those concerned, with where info comes from, this is from a progressive

1 minute ago, psterina said:

Apparently, #sharpiegate, is a thing. And ....   I was given a sharpie, to mark my ballot with. Is this more shenanigans? According to info coming out of AZ, it is a thing. And THAT, is a big part, of what is holding things up in AZ. This video, contains some info on it. And, for those concerned, with where info comes from, this is from a progressive

I already addressed this in the thread yesterday. But since it doesn't fit your narrative you wont care.

Also I did watch your video "evidence" of fraud. A bunch of clips without context.....that's the kind of stuff I took at face value when I was 17. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, psterina said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-arizona-sharpie/sharpiegate-allegations-fuel-unproven-claims-of-voter-fraud-in-arizona-idUSKBN27K2QO

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9663451149

you can have fun with your other conspiracies but go ahead and put this one to rest lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I already addressed this in the thread yesterday. But since it doesn't fit your narrative you wont care.

Also I did watch your video "evidence" of fraud. A bunch of clips without context.....that's the kind of stuff I took at face value when I was 17. 

I asked .... is this more shenanigans?  I AM concerned, as I myself, voted with a sharpie. So ... I want to know the truth of it. And, I will look further into it. Do we have a problem, with that?

17 minutes ago, psterina said:

I asked .... is this more shenanigans?  I AM concerned, as I myself, voted with a sharpie. So ... I want to know the truth of it. And, I will look further into it. Do we have a problem, with that?

No, you are certainly allowed to be concerned about your vote if you feel that way. However this has already been addressed by a large number of people and agencies if you would just look. Ungodlyhour just gave that information to you should you not want to scroll back to my old posts.

And if clicking those links is too much work, I'll quote the answer for you right here too:

"Sharpies were allowed in Arizona but they do not affect the vote. And even if a ballot could not be read by a tabulation machine, it would be reviewed by a board that re-examines the ballots.The vote would not be canceled."

There's no reason this would be any different in Nevada.

1 hour ago, psterina said:

So ... you can't see the actual footage, of the fraud taking place?  Did you put your hands, over your eyes? 

@psterina is a Russian troll bot confirmed.

I love how Tramp enthusiasts always try to accuse others of doing what they're doing themselves. You've been looking the other way for 4+ years so I would stop your ridiculous preaching and reckless rhetoric because like your "leader" you're being a flaming hypocrite. And none of us are looking the other way, your "evidence" just doesn't prove the vote counting was illegitimate. You can't just make something true just because you want it. Just like Trump can't declare himself the winner of the presidency even though he doesn't have the votes.

Honestly if I was trying to count votes accurately, I'd literally want to rip the head off of people who were staring at me and making me lose focus, especially aggressive deplorables. Not referring to just Republicans, but all deplorables from any party.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JC said:

@psterina is a Russian troll bot confirmed.

I love how Tramp enthusiasts always try to accuse others of doing what they're doing themselves. You've been looking the other way for 4+ years so I would stop your ridiculous preaching and reckless rhetoric because like your "leader" you're being a flaming hypocrite. And none of us are looking the other way, your "evidence" just doesn't prove the vote counting was illegitimate. You can't just make something true just because you want it. Just like Trump can't declare himself the winner of the presidency even though he doesn't have the votes.

Honestly if I was trying to count votes accurately, I'd literally want to rip the head off of people who were staring at me and making me lose focus, especially aggressive deplorables. Not referring to just Republicans, but all deplorables from any party.

So ...  calling me a Russian Bot, calling me a hypocrite?  Name calling. Nice ...  :thumbsdown: 

I am not a Republican. I am a democrat, have voted democrat, my entire life. Until now. After I saw the corruption, lying, smears, and ghosting that the DNC & MSM, did to Tulsi Gabbard, during the primaries, it took some time, for me to see. It became quite clear, that this is what they had been doing to Trump, his entire presidency. We spent 24 million dollars, on a bogus impeachment. Years, were spent on this LIE. They found, NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING! I did my research, into his Executive Orders, and let me tell you .... he really has done more for this country, than any of you even know of. Good things. Why does no one know? Because, for his ENTIRE presidency, all you have been fed is smears, and lies. NONE of the good he has done, did the media let you know. I spent 3 1/2 years hating on him. Most here, can attest to that. You wrongly assumed, way too much

And .... for your information .... there should be observers, from both parties, and they were supposed to let that happen. Some places, WRONGLY, did not, let that happen.  That, is a problem. Transparency, is a must. We are not voting for dog catcher, here.  Federal lawsuits, have been filed. Take a deep breath, and grab your popcorn.  

• Confused 1

yeah both sides should have observers, the lawsuit i dont like is the one in PA where Trump is trying to get ballots postmakred on election day to stop being counted. as long as its postmarked nov 3 count them with both sides watching. im sure if it waas your ballot that has yet to be counted you would want it counted