The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

4 minutes ago, bswanson said:

There could be several reasons why they are covering the windows doesn't prove fraud

Sure, maybe they were trying to block the sun. Seriously? Plus, kicking the Republican challengers out, and people showing up with wagons and suitcases to the polling places at 4 AM. Nothing to see here! 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Sure, maybe they were trying to block the sun. Seriously? Plus, kicking the Republican challengers out, and people showing up with wagons and suitcases to the polling places at 4 AM. Nothing to see here! 

It was a room, within a building. Not windows, facing the outdoors.  Maybe  "nothing to see here", to you .... but, it certainly raises questions for me, and the many commenters under the video

These turnout numbers in Minnesota are not plausible. Supposedly, Wisconsin saw similar turnout numbers. Minnesota has led the nation presidential election turnout in every cycle since 2000, averaging in the mid 70s. The highest was 78%...until yesterday. Numbers in the 90s are probably some sort of all-time record for the country. I choose to believe it’s not legit. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, psterina said:

It was a room, within a building. Not windows, facing the outdoors.  Maybe  "nothing to see here", to you .... but, it certainly raises questions for me, and the many commenters under the video

I was being sarcastic, when I said, “nothing to see here.”

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

The amount of fake news being posted in here is amusing at least.

The only thing fake being posted, are your comments. Fake because you're not an idiot. Fake because calling something fake doesn't make it fake or make you look intelligent. Four states closing their counting early at the same time with no explanation when everyone can see that Trump was ahead, is not fake, it happened. Media refusing to call a state for hours or calling a state too early is not fake, it happened and will need to be answered for.

If you have an answer as to why these things happened, then pony up. But don't insult our intelligence by hiding behind words like "conspiracy or fake" maybe you should try "Russian interference". That has worked so well for you in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

These turnout numbers in Minnesota are not plausible. Supposedly, Wisconsin saw similar turnout numbers. Minnesota has led the nation presidential election turnout in every cycle since 2000, averaging in the mid 70s. The highest was 78%...until yesterday. Numbers in the 90s are probably some sort of all-time record for the country. I choose to believe it’s not legit. 

Here are the Wisconsin turnout numbers. 

• Like 2

I can see the Trump supporters are as delusional as Trump here. Posting a bunch of fake conspiracy theories is pretty pathetic, but Trump knew he could manipulate his voters into this charade.

Trump has basically been saying that the results are real if I win, and fake if I lose. STOP counting in Pennsylvania, WIsconsin, and Michigan (and now Georgia) because I will probably lose if you do, but KEEP counting in Arizona and Nevada because I could win if you do. Also now I want a RECOUNT in Wisconsin because I lost. It's just comical and sad. He's SEVENTY FOUR years old and our so called "president" but this is behavior you would expect from a FOUR year old trying to cheat at Monopoly. How anyone with a sane mind could justify this behavior is implausible.

The rest of the world views us as a entertaining joke reality show because that's what Trump has turned our country into. His twitter is viewed as a parody account by my European colleagues. I could start going into his response to COVID and making masks a partisan issue, but that would start a whole horrendous rabbit hole. Honestly, even Biden winning at this point still feels like a loss at this point because even after all the disgusting behavior and policies Trump has implemented, the electoral race is still this close. Honestly it should be by popular vote, Biden leads Trump by more than 3 million votes, and it is just going to grow as the rest of the votes are counted in the states that were easily decided. There really is no need for this ridiculous electoral college which is truly a way to steal an election when you have less votes.

It just goes to show that too many straight white people, in particular males, do not care about human rights for their BIPOC, LGBTQ+, minority, female, etc counterparts. If Biden wins, your rights will not be threatened and your lives will stay the same. If Trump wins, all these people without privilege will not have that same luxury. America is being eviscerated, which is extremely sad because we all used to have great pride in calling our country the best in the world without a second thought. Now, our country is deeply divided and the majority of our citizens do not have this same American pride because our "President" is incapable of unifying the country, he is only concerned with dividing us even more. Anyways, I need to stop before I continue ranting, seeing some of these idiotic posts just riled me up.

In Biden and Harris and all that is democratic and true, we pray 🙏

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

why not, maybe there was record turnout, maybe people were just tired of trump and wanted a change 

8 minutes ago, bswanson said:

why not, maybe there was record turnout, maybe people were just tired of trump and wanted a change 

Well, over 45% of those with the all-time record turnout in MN voted for Trump, and 49% in Wisconsin, so....

A significant portion of conservatives/Republicans aren’t really crazy about Trump, including me. Logically, that should depress turnout on the right, but here we have two states with statistically implausible turnout rates. I’ll bet we could find many other anomalies throughout the country. It will be interesting to see what the final turnout numbers are in Philly, compared to the Messiah (Obama).  

• Like 1

well when his own party and coming from Mitch himself who normaly backs Trump every time says all votes should be counted, that should tell you something.  Trump can go to the Supreme Court, doesnt mean they have to hear it espically after the comments from Mitch and others from the party.  

Edited by bswanson

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Susan Collins (Maine) won her race by NINE POINTS. How many of these pollsters does Nate Silver rate as “high quality?” I know from an earlier tweet, he rates NYT/Siena as A+.  

218j4Ok.png

Having grown close to Maine & having family in Maine, the polls forgot to take a few perspectives into consideration - Senator Collins is incredibly popular in Maine with Dem & GOP (In general, it is a bipartisan states as you can see a lot of people who voted for Senator Collins ended up voting for Biden), Senator Collins has one of the best record in term of attendance in the Senate which will play a factor for the people she represents, and it is the National population as a whole that thought she was going to lose because there`s more people out of her state that dislike her than people from her state.  And again it proves that money don`t deliver results. 

• Like 1

also about the more votes than registered dems thing, couldnt that mean people who voted trump in 2016 voted biden in 2020 cause they were not happy with Trump. some ads did play where people said i voted trump in 2016, but will now vote biden in 2020.  Trump should really listen to his own party memebers that say dont sue and let the votes count. 

Edited by bswanson

No, Wisconsin has NOT had an 89% voter turnout.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/verify/verify-wisconsin-turnout-not-massively-larger-than-normal/507-ac05b2f4-fdfe-4bc5-91d5-7a22496c3314

Albeit, that's a strange way to calculate voter turnout, but you would have to calculate all years the same way to make a comparison. Comparing apples to oranges is hilarious at best. 

30 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

No, Wisconsin has NOT had an 89% voter turnout.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/verify/verify-wisconsin-turnout-not-massively-larger-than-normal/507-ac05b2f4-fdfe-4bc5-91d5-7a22496c3314

Albeit, that's a strange way to calculate voter turnout, but you would have to calculate all years the same way to make a comparison. Comparing apples to oranges is hilarious at best. 

Yes, apples and oranges. If we’re going to compare turnout in two states, we need to use the same data...in this case total votes cast/total registered voters = 89%. Either way, it’s a big number, and they’re still not done counting. 

Edited by TeamAudra

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes, apples and oranges. If we’re going to compare turnout in two states, we need to use the same data...in this case total votes cast/total registered voters = 89%. Either way, it’s a big number, and they’re still not done counting. 

If you go back and calculate 2016 Wisconsin turnout the same way they just calculated 2020 you get a turnout of 84%. That's likely a little low too since it only accounts for total accepted ballots which were counted, so it excludes ballots processed but rejected for whatever reason (spoiled ballot, etc)

Using people of voter age as a turnout indicator isn't great since many of those people may not want to vote. Registered voters is a much better metric yes, but comparing a proper calculation in 2016 and before with an incorrect calculation in 2020 is misinformation. If you have a problem with 89% "turnout" in 2020, you need to have a problem with 84%+ in 2016, and I'm certain without calculating it that previous elections are also near that.

For what its worth, there are only about 200,000 more votes cast in Wisconsin this year than in 2016, as it stands right now anyway.

Edited by ButterflyEffect
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

If you go back and calculate 2016 Wisconsin turnout the same way they just calculated 2020 you get a turnout of 84%. That's likely a little low too since it only accounts for total accepted ballots which were counted, so it excludes ballots processed but rejected for whatever reason (spoiled ballot, etc)

Using people of voter age as a turnout indicator isn't great since many of those people may not want to vote. Registered voters is a much better metric yes, but comparing a proper calculation in 2016 and before with an incorrect calculation in 2020 is misinformation. If you have a problem with 89% "turnout" in 2020, you need to have a problem with 84%+ in 2016, and I'm certain without calculating it that previous elections are also near that.

For what its worth, there are only about 200,000 more votes cast in Wisconsin this year than in 2016, as it stands right now anyway.

Actually, there are now 313,270 more votes than 2016 (assuming the online numbers I found are correct), which is approximately a 11% increase. We’ll see how many more votes are counted, but they’re not done. 

I’m not saying 89-90% turnout is evidence of fraud, but it’s a statistical anomaly worth looking at, especially you’re a candidate in the election. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I dont hear a lot of people mentioning that people who voted third party last time went for Biden. I know at least 5 people along with myself who wrote in last time or voted third party but voted Biden this time. Third party accounted for 3% of the electorate last time which is enough to change close states.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I dont hear a lot of people mentioning that people who voted third party last time went for Biden. I know at least 5 people along with myself who wrote in last time or voted third party but voted Biden this time. Third party accounted for 3% of the electorate last time which is enough to change close states.

Definitely looks like left leaning independents/3rd party voters ended up voting Biden this go around. I didn't vote in 2016, but I did vote this year (though I'm in Tennessee, so it really didn't matter).

Seems like Jorgensen hurt Trump in a few states (not to say all of her votes would've went to Trump, but I assume a large majority would have). Doesn't seem like it would've been enough to win Michigan, but, assuming all of her votes would've went to Trump, he would've won Wisconsin.