The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see the Trump supporters are as delusional as Trump here. Posting a bunch of fake conspiracy theories is pretty pathetic, but Trump knew he could manipulate his voters into this charade.  

I find it hilarious how Trumpsters (and Republicans in general) are just so used to cheating and bullying their way through life, that they simply can't fathom that 75 million Americans voted against

BRB, making a YouTube video about this DEFINITIVE PROOF of ELECTORAL FRAUD in Florida. People looking for this type of stuff will eat it up without question.

Posted Images

I havent listened to a lot of what Trump has said over the past few years since i'm a progressive and we have nothing in common. But listening to the debate reminds me-wow he is unlikeable

7 hours ago, psterina said:

Oh look ... a censoring tactic. Smearing WHERE the message came from, instead of the message. I stated, early on when I started posting here, that I read info from all sides. It's what I do. At least, I know what I'm talking about.  Either the info is true, or the info is false, regardless, of where it comes from. With the CORRUPT corporate/pharmaceutical owned "news", they only tell you, what they want you to know. By the way ...  Biden/Harris are NOT left. They are corporate warmongers!!!  I didn't support either one of them during the primaries, for a reason.

You're comedic gold, I love it.

38 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Ready to drink and cringe!ūüć∑

I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I watched the debates in 2016 since I thought it'd be fun to watch someone who could form a coherent sentence own Trump. But that ultimately didn't matter....and I really have no interest in watching two old men yell at each other tonight.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I watched the debates in 2016 since I thought it'd be fun to watch someone who could form a coherent sentence own Trump. But that ultimately didn't matter....and I really have no interest in watching two old men yell at each other tonight.

Good choice. I've actually burst out laughing, and Joe's gonna end up punching him. 

This was the single worst debate I've ever seen in my life ...and I've been watching debates even before I was born.¬†ūüĎĹ

I don't think any minds were changed tonight. Overall, I think America lost. No substance from anyone. 
  • Like 1

Yeah... I don't want to delve too deep into the debate because it's useless doing so, but I do hope we can all agree that what Don and Joe did up there was absolutely disgraceful.

Please just give me that one kernel of hope that no one on here thinks that either of them performed tonight in the manner that a president should.

Just now, Someone648 said:

Yeah... I don't want to delve too deep into the debate because it's useless doing so, but I do hope we can all agree that what Don and Joe did up there was absolutely disgraceful.

Please just give me that one kernel of hope that no one on here thinks that either of them performed tonight in the manner that a president should.

Yeah, Trump was rude and unpresidential and Biden talked about having plans with few specifics. I think tonight was a wash overall. Who are these people that are undecided? Are there really any truly undecided voters this time around?¬†ūüėĎ

7 hours ago, Drew said:

Yeah, Trump was rude and unpresidential and Biden talked about having plans with few specifics. I think tonight was a wash overall. Who are these people that are undecided? Are there really any truly undecided voters this time around?¬†ūüėĎ

Undecided means the voters who are trying to decide to vote for Biden or just go third party/stay home. No one is waffling between Trump and Joe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Undecided means the voters who are trying to decide to vote for Biden or just go third party/stay home. No one is waffling between Trump and Joe

Sadly, I think this could be the case for some.¬†ūüėĄ

Neither had a good debate, but don’t equate one with the other.

Joe isn’t a good debater. He doesn’t speak in complete sentences, and often switches ideas halfway through them. He doesn’t speak in policy details. And he walked right into a few of the traps Donald was trying to set. 

But Donald..last night Donald Trump told a white supremacist group to ‚Äústand by.‚ÄĚ He dismissed Joe Biden‚Äôs dead son, then made fun of his other son - an Iraqi war get who came back after the war¬†with ptsd and addiction issues. He literally said ‚Äúyou‚Äôre a number 2.‚ÄĚ And the moderator had to stop the debate and remind the President of the rules he agreed to.

He showed himself to be a disgusting human being, and it’s embarrassing that he is a citizen of this country, never mind President. And the bar needs to stop being lowered for him.

So again, neither had a good debate - neither are good debaters - but don’t equate the performances. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

He showed himself to be a disgusting human being, and it’s embarrassing that he is a citizen of this country, never mind President. And the bar needs to stop being lowered for him.

The fact that the lunatic has supporters who watched that shitshow last night and said "That's my guy" is pathetic. The guy came off as a toddler throwing a tantrum.

• Like 1

Donald interrupted more obviously. Something I've heard from some folks on the right (and they might be correct), because Trump interrupted so many times, he prevented Biden from stumbling badly and making a huge mistake that he very well could have made left to his own devices. 

Yes, it was a spectacular Sh1t Show. Part of that blame, also goes to Wallace

With that said, it really (if we're being honest) was a "debate" between Trump vs Biden/Wallace. I say that, because Biden would say something , and Wallace, wouldn't let Trump respond. This happened several times. Trump, being who he is ... wasn't having it. 

Another thing ... Biden LIED about certain things. For instance He literally said, that there were no problems with mail in voting. Clearly, that is a lie, with so much coming out about that.

Then ... Biden LIED about ANTIFA being an idea, not an actual movement.  Umm .... SERIOUSLY????????  C'mon  ... you all KNOW THAT IS A LIE !!!!!

Then ... Biden LIED about Trump saying, that veterans are losers.  Those that were present with Trump, have said, that it isn't true

So, what we have here, is a rude person (Trump), a LIAR (Biden), and a tool (Wallace)

Also ... Proud Boys, isn't a "racist" group, they are a right wing group (their leader, I think is Afro Cuban)

27 minutes ago, psterina said:

Trump denouncing Hate groups: How many times is enough?

1 year ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0I_pTWjfaMn

3 years ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW6cQaUntrQ  

4 years ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLukCE3vwwA

Every time. Every time there is a hate group attack on this country he needs to address it. And he should never excuse it - which he has done many times, and which he did last night. 

And those were clearly pre-written speeches. 

2 hours ago, psterina said:

Yes, it was a spectacular Sh1t Show. Part of that blame, also goes to Wallace

With that said, it really (if we're being honest) was a "debate" between Trump vs Biden/Wallace. I say that, because Biden would say something , and Wallace, wouldn't let Trump respond. This happened several times. Trump, being who he is ... wasn't having it. 

Another thing ... Biden LIED about certain things. For instance He literally said, that there were no problems with mail in voting. Clearly, that is a lie, with so much coming out about that.

Then ... Biden LIED about ANTIFA being an idea, not an actual movement.  Umm .... SERIOUSLY????????  C'mon  ... you all KNOW THAT IS A LIE !!!!!

Then ... Biden LIED about Trump saying, that veterans are losers.  Those that were present with Trump, have said, that it isn't true

So, what we have here, is a rude person (Trump), a LIAR (Biden), and a tool (Wallace)

Also ... Proud Boys, isn't a "racist" group, they are a right wing group (their leader, I think is Afro Cuban)

Your perception of the debate as Wallace not letting Trump respond is pretty damn funny when from the beginning we see that Trump was the main interruption, and that persisted throughout the whole debate. Not to say that Biden didn't try to interrupt several times as well, but that's nowhere near the level that Trump interrupted. Wallace's role was the moderator, both parties agreed to the rules and while it's true neither of them stuck to it, Trump gave zero f**ks about it while Biden at least calmed himself at times. That's not Wallace being biased - that's him doing his job, even if he did an awful job at it.

To nip part 1 of the BS right in the mud, mail-in voting fraud is next to non-existent: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/06/02/low-rates-of-fraud-in-vote-by-mail-states-show-the-benefits-outweigh-the-risks/; https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-content/documents/2020-05-27-ELW-Facts-About-Voting-by-Mail.pdf; literally 90000 other sources that aren't Project Veritas/Turning Point/Breibart/PragerU/www.patriotmagahatbootlickermuhfreedomsnews.com

Furthermore - Antifa is an ideological movement, it is not an organization. Period. That's it. Nothing else to that. If it's actually an organization then somebody owes me a ton of money for sharing several of their ideals and talking about it online, but it's a shame that there are still people that keep using the same racist dog whistles about Soros, etc. to everyone and everything that doesn't align with their views.

And while the Proud Boys aren't explicitly a group rooted in "race" and moreso "Western Judeo-Christian values" or whatever - their stances, rallies, and public figures associated with the movement have been overtly Anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, and sexist (among other detestable ideals) and they are frequently the agitators/commence violence at these rallies and protests. Also, let's not forget that the Proud Boys' took Trump's "stand down and stand by" and ran with it. They're not backing down at all. In fact I hate that Biden and Wallace even tried to get Trump to say the name publicly because now we're gonna have a bunch of buffoons across the country looking up info about this group, getting involved, and becoming even more irritating human beings in the process.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, bswanson said:

I think this year many just wont vote or vote 3rd party if they just keep bickering with each other like this. 

Which is a damn shame. Maybe we can't prevent an incompetent old man from being president (yes, I'm referring to both), but there's still so many great people up for election that can be sent to Congress, Senate, and local/state office.

To not vote for at least those elections, which honestly have a more direct impact on most people, is foolish.

Edited by Someone648
2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Your perception of the debate as Wallace not letting Trump respond is pretty damn funny when from the beginning we see that Trump was the main interruption, and that persisted throughout the whole debate. Not to say that Biden didn't try to interrupt several times as well, but that's nowhere near the level that Trump interrupted. Wallace's role was the moderator, both parties agreed to the rules and while it's true neither of them stuck to it, Trump gave zero f**ks about it while Biden at least calmed himself at times. That's not Wallace being biased - that's him doing his job, even if he did an awful job at it.

To nip part 1 of the BS right in the mud, mail-in voting fraud is next to non-existent: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2020/06/02/low-rates-of-fraud-in-vote-by-mail-states-show-the-benefits-outweigh-the-risks/; https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-content/documents/2020-05-27-ELW-Facts-About-Voting-by-Mail.pdf; literally 90000 other sources that aren't Project Veritas/Turning Point/Breibart/PragerU/www.patriotmagahatbootlickermuhfreedomsnews.com

Furthermore - Antifa is an ideological movement, it is not an organization. Period. That's it. Nothing else to that. If it's actually an organization then somebody owes me a ton of money for sharing several of their ideals and talking about it online, but it's a shame that there are still people that keep using the same racist dog whistles about Soros, etc. to everyone and everything that doesn't align with their views.

And while the Proud Boys aren't explicitly a group rooted in "race" and moreso "Western Judeo-Christian values" or whatever - their stances, rallies, and public figures associated with the movement have been overtly Anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, and sexist (among other detestable ideals) and they are frequently the agitators/commence violence at these rallies and protests. Also, let's not forget that the Proud Boys' took Trump's "stand down and stand by" and ran with it. They're not backing down at all. In fact I hate that Biden and Wallace even tried to get Trump to say the name publicly because now we're gonna have a bunch of buffoons across the country looking up info about this group, getting involved, and becoming even more irritating human beings in the process.

To nip right back  .....If there are " literally 90000 other sources that aren't Project Veritas/Turning   Point/Breibart/PragerU/www.patriotmagahatbootlickermuhfreedomsnews.com," then why did you bring info from May 2020, instead of info regarding  the mess, that is taking place NOW (Minnesota, New York etc}? Ballot Harvesting, is a real thing, and Ilhan Omar, could be in real trouble, as we speak.

Edited by psterina