The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Jimmy Dore, just putting it out there. :yes:  And THIS, was one of the main reasons, that Tulsi Gabbard, was the one that I was rooting for, during the primaries. And ... not to mention, what he is doing for farmers, and also going after the pharmaceutical companies, but .... has anyone heard about THAT, from their corporate owned media?  Let me guess ...    :mellow:   Also ... keep in mind, that I spent 3 1/2 yrs, utterly hating on him. For me ... it isn't what is said, it is WHAT IS DONE. 

Edited by psterina
  • Like 1

19 year anniversary of 9/11 today. I was in 7th grade math class and will never forget how scary the entire situation was and how President Bush helped to rally our nation together. 

1 hour ago, ButterflyEffect said:

aq3Lv4k.png

My first prediction of how election night will pan out. 

I'm leaning towards Trump losing FL. He only won by 1% last time and his lying about covid is really affecting him with older voters. Last I checked he is actually losing the 65 and over crowd. That should be enough to flip FL and if he loses FL he has to sweep the rest of the swing states.

(Assuming mail votes dont mysteriously get lost)

Edited by sneaky
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, psterina said:

Jimmy Dore, just putting it out there. :yes:  And THIS, was one of the main reasons, that Tulsi Gabbard, was the one that I was rooting for, during the primaries. And ... not to mention, what he is doing for farmers, and also going after the pharmaceutical companies, but .... has anyone heard about THAT, from their corporate owned media?  Let me guess ...    :mellow:   Also ... keep in mind, that I spent 3 1/2 yrs, utterly hating on him. For me ... it isn't what is said, it is WHAT IS DONE. 

Meh. I didnt watch the video but Jimmy kinda says the same thing over and over so I can guess what he will say. I will agree Trump is arguably slightly less of a warmonger than Clinton/Bush/Obama. Still hasnt gotten the troops out of the middle east. Its really only huge factory farms that are benefitting and they are the ones that poison Americans. For healthcare he is actively trying to take healthcare from many and has no plans to expand medicare or anything like that. Supposedly allowing for Americans to buy Canadian pharmaceuticals isnt enough to make up for that.

Edited by sneaky

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

Meh. I didnt watch the video but Jimmy kinda says the same thing over and over so I can guess what he will say. I will agree Trump is arguably slightly less of a warmonger than Clinton/Bush/Obama. Still hasnt gotten the troops out of the middle east. Its really only huge factory farms that are benefitting and they are the ones that poison Americans. For healthcare he is actively trying to take healthcare from many and has no plans to expand medicare or anything like that. Supposedly allowing for Americans to buy Canadian pharmaceuticals isnt enough to make up for that.

Actually, troops in Iraq, are coming home. And, Afghanistan, is next.

• Like 1

I'll post my prediction, but it's really just impossible to predict because we don't know if something else is going to happen and further shakeup the race. 

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I'll post my prediction, but it's really just impossible to predict because we don't know if something else is going to happen and further shakeup the race. 

Untitled.jpg

I don't think Biden is taking Michigan, due to Trump bringing the Auto industry back. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, psterina said:

I don't think Biden is taking Michigan, due to Trump bringing the Auto industry back. 

I would be stunned if Trump won Michigan again. Michigan was raining cats and dogs on Election Day in 2016, and this kept a lot of voters (who were sure Hilary would win anyway) home. With mail-in voting, that won't be a problem this time. 

On 9/10/2020 at 1:40 PM, ButterflyEffect said:

Yeah I find the "Joe Biden's America" thing hilarious. Bruh, do you not realize who's America this is currently happening in? LOL.

Democrats in Trump's America.

Not really hard for voters to understand. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, psterina said:

Honestly I thought Michigan would be a tough flip, but state level polling has Biden up on an average around +8 on Trump. Well beyond the margin of error. Even Rasmussen (heavy Republican bias) has Biden up +9. Either every poll is wrong about Michigan, or it's not close.

Based on polling though, Pennsylvania is a close race where Trump could easily hold.

1 hour ago, psterina said:

Oh man!!!! This would be great!  :thumbsup:  Where's the popcorn? Trump's already in. Where are you Biden? Joe Rogan would ask great questions, and he's very fair. Hope this happens!!!!

Unfortunately I dont think the establishment wing will let Biden do it. Its a shame because Rogan is actually more progressive than the CNN/MSNBC journalists.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, ButterflyEffect said:

Honestly I thought Michigan would be a tough flip, but state level polling has Biden up on an average around +8 on Trump. Well beyond the margin of error. Even Rasmussen (heavy Republican bias) has Biden up +9. Either every poll is wrong about Michigan, or it's not close.

Based on polling though, Pennsylvania is a close race where Trump could easily hold.

I think the midwest is slowly becoming redder (which we saw last election) while the southeast is becoming bluer. (It is at this point that Republicans will suddenly want to challenge the electoral college).

But that may not be true this election. It would be tough for anyone to win with the status of the country as it is right now..

10 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

I think the midwest is slowly becoming redder (which we saw last election) while the southeast is becoming bluer. (It is at this point that Republicans will suddenly want to challenge the electoral college).

But that may not be true this election. It would be tough for anyone to win with the status of the country as it is right now..

I think Minnesota is an often forgotten state that isn't a safe Democrat as most people assume (Audra could obviously weigh in on this). Clinton only won in 2016 by 1.5%, and while the state level polling average has Biden at appx +7.5% there right now, there are still plenty of decent pollsters only showing Biden around +2 to +3. If the Democrats take Minnesota for granted they could be in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I think Minnesota is an often forgotten state that isn't a safe Democrat as most people assume (Audra could obviously weigh in on this). Clinton only won in 2016 by 1.5%, and while the state level polling average has Biden at appx +7.5% there right now, there are still plenty of decent pollsters only showing Biden around +2 to +3. If the Democrats take Minnesota for granted they could be in for a rude awakening.

It’s a tough call. We have Minneapolis and St. Paul which are overwhelmingly liberal. Most of the outstate areas are deep red. The Mpls/St Paul suburbs are mixed. Inner ring suburbs are purple, middle and outer ring are mostly red. St. Louis country (Duluth and the NE part of the state - Iron Range) is reliably blue, even though those voters are mostly conservative. It’s weird. There’s potential to flip a lot of votes in that part of the state. We’ve already had 5 Democrat Mayors from the Range endorse Trump. The conservative Range Democrats and swing voters in the Mpls/St Paul suburbs hold the deciding votes. 

At the moment, I think Biden will eek out a close victory in the state. Republicans occasionally win state wide mid-term elections (Norm Coleman, Tim Pawlenty, Arne Carlson, etc.), but the last time the state went red in a presidential election was 1972. There’s still still a long way to go, though. We haven’t even had a debate yet. 

13 hours ago, sneaky said:

Keep pushin it Joe. There's always that chance i just stay home or vote green party

Biden will spend more, to support the Military Industrial Complex (is anyone RELLY surprised), because .... he is, and always has been ....  a WAR MONGER!!!! He (like Hillary) voted yes, on Iraq. H3ll no, to Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The left, has NO REPRESENTATION, with the Dems. Trump, shockingly, is more to the left, than Biden/Harris. Sad, but true!

2 hours ago, psterina said:

Biden will spend more, to support the Military Industrial Complex (is anyone RELLY surprised), because .... he is, and always has been ....  a WAR MONGER!!!! He (like Hillary) voted yes, on Iraq. H3ll no, to Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The left, has NO REPRESENTATION, with the Dems. Trump, shockingly, is more to the left, than Biden/Harris. Sad, but true!

I'm sorry....what?