idolforums.com
Drew

The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Then you're looking at the wrong people. But, TBH, the way he and his vetting team (Chris Dodd in particular) are treating the women (and in particular, woc) during the vetting process is far worse than Biden's comment. 

But at the same time, it's what we've got. Joe or Donald. Pick one. I'm not going to let Joe Biden distract me from voting for Joe Biden. 

And Bernie, Elizabeth, and Trump would definitely not have been roasted for days. Donald literally gets away with everything. If any other politician had done what he has done, they would have been removed from office. Period.

And people just ignore the problematic stuff Bernie and Elizabeth do. I bet I can name about 15 things each have done that are significantly worse than Biden's comment, that you haven't even heard of. 

Do you worry about Biden at all? When you don't participate in many interviews for this long, you do become rusty. 

Posted (edited)

1) He's picked his VP
2) You'd never see Trump on a bike. I doubt he ever learned how to ride one. It takes the maturity of someone over 2 years old.

Edited by Jonathan

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

Do you worry about Biden at all? When you don't participate in many interviews for this long, you do become rusty. 

There is pretty good proof Trump has been involved in pedophilia rape. Nothing Biden can say or do can ever be worse than Trump. Trump has scraped the bottom of the barrel with his words and actions and he's found ways to get below the bottom of the barrel once he hit it! 

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

There is pretty good proof Trump has been involved in pedophilia rape. Nothing Biden can say or do can ever be worse than Trump. Trump has scraped the bottom of the barrel with his words and actions and he's found ways to get below the bottom of the barrel once he hit it! 

If you're talking about the Epstien thing...you do realize the Clinton's are just as much buddies with Epstien, possibly more so?

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Is he really not going to do any debates? If so, that will end terribly for him

2 minutes ago, sneaky said:

No this is just another false Rumor started by the Trump goons. It's well documented that Biden has been quoted multiple times saying he is very much looking forward to debating Trump. Trump is the one afraid of him. Trump always accuses others what he is gulity of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sneaky said:

If you're talking about the Epstien thing...you do realize the Clinton's are just as much buddies with Epstien, possibly more so?

I've never seen any accusation of the Clintons being involved with a 13 year old girl.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, sneaky said:

They aren't. Clinton was involved with Epstien when he gave money to the Clinton foundation for the Africa project.  You do realize Epstien acted like a legitimate philanthropist, right? It is unfortunate, but most of us have had personal contact with rapists. It's ridiculous to presume guilt before people are even accused of anything. 

Likewise, Bill has not been accused of raping a child. Trump has. 

And no, I don't worry about Biden running the country. He's going to fill his cabinet with Clinton/Obama/Rising Dem stars. They'll be taking care of the country, even if Biden is a little behind the times and/or senile. And I don't worry about him too much against Trump either. The media doesn't hate Joe like they did Hillary. I think, for the most part, people are sick of Donald. Joe was the choice because people wanted someone familiar. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

"what about Clinton" is pretty weak, considering Bill was president 20 years ago and Trump is president literally now. But count me in the column that wants the full truth about all of them and for them all to burn if they did anything.

Edited by FrogLenzen

3 hours ago, sneaky said:

Oh, I think he'll debate for sure. I think that's just been something put out there. What I'm saying is, he's a little rusty to say the least. If people honestly don't see it, I'm not sure what to say. I hope in the coming ...I was going to say months, but the first debate is at the end of September, so really not that much time left. He needs to prepare. Trump has these moments as well, but they're less frequent. Trump might also have the occasional disaster of an interview, but at least he does them. 

2 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

They aren't. Clinton was involved with Epstien when he gave money to the Clinton foundation for the Africa project.  You do realize Epstien acted like a legitimate philanthropist, right? It is unfortunate, but most of us have had personal contact with rapists. It's ridiculous to presume guilt before people are even accused of anything. 

Likewise, Bill has not been accused of raping a child. Trump has. 

And no, I don't worry about Biden running the country. He's going to fill his cabinet with Clinton/Obama/Rising Dem stars. They'll be taking care of the country, even if Biden is a little behind the times and/or senile. And I don't worry about him too much against Trump either. The media doesn't hate Joe like they did Hillary. I think, for the most part, people are sick of Donald. Joe was the choice because people wanted someone familiar. 

The accusations on either side I'm going to put to one side. I just find it so uninteresting. Yes, I believe both of these guys have things in their past that are unfortunate with respect to women. But, as I've said before ....a powerful man taking advantage of someone isn't actually breaking news. It's not right, but yes we know. I also agree with you that we need to hold our fire before we start making accusations. 

When I asked the question, I was referring to him being clearly very rusty in these exchanges. Obviously, the clip that's making the rounds was part of a larger conversation, but this isn't the first time he's had an issue. Cocaine, lions and elephants, "very forward-looking," it was just a crazy response all around. I hope he picks a decent VP nominee and as you said, if he wins, I hope he does genuinely bring in the next generation of leaders into the fold. Fortunately for him, I don't think he's ever believed he's the smartest person in the room. Maybe he'll bring some of those folks in. 

The debates will be extremely interesting, as there won't be an audience to play off, just these two men, the moderator, and the camera crew. 

4 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I've never seen any accusation of the Clintons being involved with a 13 year old girl.

It doesnt seem like there's a lot of evidence with that story. I believe Trump would definitely rape a woman but I have a hard time believing he would participate in pedophillic sex (though Im sure he knew all about Epstien too)

If one believes the Trump accusation with the 13 year old you have to believe the Biden accusation. Because the Biden accusation has actual proof . The mother of the alleged victim actually referred to the occurence on a call in to the Larry King show in 1994

4 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

That's a reasonable explanation someone with ties to Epstein could give. It gives me pause that Bill Clinton denies ever visiting the island when he obviously did. I don't think he did anything, but it seems likely to me that he would have known and not cared. Like all the other famous people who welcomed Epstein back into the fold after the settlement from the first round of charges.

Trump obviously knew, but that's not a scandal for some reason.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, RWG said:

That's a reasonable explanation someone with ties to Epstein could give. It gives me pause that Bill Clinton denies ever visiting the island when he obviously did. I don't think he did anything, but it seems likely to me that he would have known and not cared. Like all the other famous people who welcomed Epstein back into the fold after the settlement from the first round of charges.

Trump obviously knew, but that's not a scandal for some reason.

I do too, but at the same time..every time there is a sniff of something inappropriate, and The Clinton’s are like, within a 5 mile radius, there is assumed guilt..so part of me understands the full denial. 

If Bill ever raped an underage girl - we’d know. They’ve just been investigated too many times, and that one is too good for the GOP to let it go, and they wouldn’t have cared about exposing Donald because he wasn’t apart of the GOP during the initial accusations.

I’m not about to say that  everyone ever involved with Epstein is guilty of child trafficking. I think the really sad fact is that powerful people are either creeps or around creeps. It seems to be unavoidable amongst powerful people.

Trump is different because of the accusations, Epstein hired his girls from Mar A Lago, and the socialization.

Edited by mercfan3

We're finally at running mate week and can say, any day now. 😄

• Like 1

I want Harris. And I really think Biden should choose a woman of color.

However, he has a short list of exceptional women. I think only Rice or Warren would be mistakes (and only campaign wise, not in terms of actually being VP.) I want the VP to be capable of handling the vaccine roll out. That’s my standard. 

I’m pretty confident Donald, Pence, and Biden aren’t capable of handling it..and I’m also pretty confident that every single woman on his VP short list could..so that’s my bottom line. 

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

I want Harris. And I really think Biden should choose a woman of color.

However, he has a short list of exceptional women. I think only Rice or Warren would be mistakes (and only campaign wise, not in terms of actually being VP.) I want the VP to be capable of handling the vaccine roll out. That’s my standard. 

I’m pretty confident Donald, Pence, and Biden aren’t capable of handling it..and I’m also pretty confident that every single woman on his VP short list could..so that’s my bottom line. 

I've said Harris and always thought it would happen on a Tuesday, so let's see! 

What's your feeling about Amy Klobuchar? Obviously, she took herself out of the running but she was one of my favorite Democratic candidates when she was running because of her record in the Senate and appeared genuine as well. 

My respect went up for her when she took herself out of the running. 

I think she’s like Gillibrand where they are outstanding senators - and that’s the right place for them. 

Harris is exciting to me because I think she is like Obama and Bill. Usually Dems are either all rhetoric and lack in policy, or complete policy wonks and lack in charisma. Bill and Obama were both, and IMO Kamala is as well.

43 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

My respect went up for her when she took herself out of the running. 

I think she’s like Gillibrand where they are outstanding senators - and that’s the right place for them. 

Harris is exciting to me because I think she is like Obama and Bill. Usually Dems are either all rhetoric and lack in policy, or complete policy wonks and lack in charisma. Bill and Obama were both, and IMO Kamala is as well.

I like Kamala too and I agree with this. Did you see what Willie Brown said about VP being a dead end? LOL, maybe traditionally but I don't think anything is for sure this time. 

Well it’s hysterical too..considering a former VP is running for President.. 

• Haha 1

It's just been made significantly more appealing for me. 

Anyway, what are the odds that Donald tweets he's replacing Pence with Haley..without talking to either of them about it first?

A thing Trump likes to do is seek out criticisms/memes of establishment Democrats from the left and steal them for himself. That's probably what he'll do with Harris.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWG said:

A thing Trump likes to do is seek out criticisms/memes of establishment Democrats from the left and steal them for himself. That's probably what he'll do with Harris.

Exactly. I like Kamala as a Senator for my state, but she's got too much baggage and is not going to make any meaningful change as VP in my opinion. She's one of the easiest targets for the right to tackle. Very few on the left and nobody on the right likes her, she appeals to only the center. The lack of support that Joe has from the left is astounding and it's ridiculous that he's trying to please the center instead of actual progressives.