idolforums.com
Drew

The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Well, you obviously don’t have to worry about it on your sparsely populated island. No need to constantly take pot shots. Just be happy. 

Nah, I think I'm good thanks. The USA has had a domestic terrorism issue for a very long time before these past few days. People just didn't want to admit it. People still won't admit it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know how it will end, but so far, there’s no more messing around here in Minnesota. One thing is clear, the terrorists are very well organized. 

Yes the police in the United States are very well organized.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Yes the police in the United States are very well organized.

Not here. They’ve been f*cking embarrassing for the better part of 5 days. I couldn’t help but notice your signature. You’re helping to bail these bastards out of jail? You immediately go to my ignore list. See ya. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Not here. They’re been f*cking embarrassing for the better part of 5 days. I couldn’t help but notice your signature. You’re helping to bail these bastards out of prison? You immediately go to my ignore list. See ya. 

Woah what, the new IDF has an ignore list? This is critical information. There's a certain crazy conspiracy theorist I'd love to never see posts from again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Woah what, the new IDF has an ignore list? This is critical information. There's a certain crazy conspiracy theorist I'd love to never see posts from again.

Yes. It's under the "Ignored Users" in the dropdown under your username. Use it liberally and it saves so many headaches.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Police in the United States are given a carte blanche to incite violence and commit murder. On every level from media to courts the police are not held accountable. 

Hold murderers accountable and these protests don’t happen. These riots don’t happen. But again and again and again for as long as I can remember (literally the Rodney King riots were in 1992...only a year after I was born and that’s just the first touchstone in my life. A cursory glacé through history can show you many many more examples) the police are not held accountable for beating and killing the citizens they are supposed to protect. And with the militarization of the police it’s gotten worse. Watch videos and tell me how the NYPD was justified in trying to run over protestors! How is shooting reporters with rubber bullets as they are doing their job in any way okay! How do these actions try and quell violence and protect the communities? 

ETA: and how are the protestors this week different or more dangerous than the protestors at the beginning of the month armed with assault rifles they were freely open carrying to protest a virus! Hmmm wonder what the difference between the two are...

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

As yes, land of the free.

EDIT: lmao f*ck the police/national guard/whoever the f*ck is doing this shit. Disgusting

Edited by ButterflyEffect
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah, lots of them are white. The girl in the post above is a leftist idiot, but probably not a member of a domestic terrorist group. 

These people, however....

I have no idea where this is. 

______

Please don’t defend these people, or lump them together them with people who are protesting peacefully.  

Edited by TeamAudra

Again watching this compilation of videos it is incredibly clear that the police are the inciters of so much violence.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems some people have an inability to acknowledge pain that folks are feeling. Yes, individuals should exercise self control, but at the same time, this is what happens when communities feel unheard and that they don’t matter. As heartbreaking as this is, I’m not surprised there’s unrest. I watched for quite some time last night, too sad. 

I attended a vigil down the street from where I live and a couple hundred people showed up. It was perfectly peaceful even though I do live in a city with a fair bit of violent crime generally. Boston has a protest planned for a few hours from now, so we'll see what happens. I don't defend destruction of property and looting in the least, but I also see it from both sides. You also have outside agitators from what I've heard anecdotally, both white supremacist types and people on the far left as well. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Those two women (black shirt white girl and white shirt white girl) were identified really quickly as being not from around here. And from social (well before it was taken down) it doesn't necessarily seem that their political beliefs align with the peaceful protests if you get what I mean. 

ETA: more likely than anything they may be apolitical and found a way to cause trouble taking advantage of an already high tension situation for their own benefit

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 1

Another one of the countless examples of the police inciting violence against those who are unarmed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few of the things, like shooting the rubber bullet at the lady on the porch, and pepper spraying the reporter obviously shouldn’t happen, but I can assure you just about every South Minneapolis resident feels safer today than they did yesterday, after a night with minimal damage to property and no more buildings burned down. Ask the people who live in the neighborhood if they want the National Guard to leave. More are on the way. 

I mentioned that nearly all of these cities with the abusive cops are run by Democrats. Why don’t the people who are the most vocal about police conduct ever vote the leadership out of office? Minneapolis has had Democrat mayors for the last 56 years. Something to think about....

15 hours ago, totes4totes said:

and how are the protestors this week different or more dangerous than the protestors at the beginning of the month armed with assault rifles they were freely open carrying to protest a virus! Hmmm wonder what the difference between the two are...

ineedthisforreactions GIF

• Like 2

4 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Again watching this compilation of videos it is incredibly clear that the police are the inciters of so much violence.  

f*cking pigs

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Drew said:

It seems some people have an inability to acknowledge pain that folks are feeling. Yes, individuals should exercise self control, but at the same time, this is what happens when communities feel unheard and that they don’t matter. As heartbreaking as this is, I’m not surprised there’s unrest. I watched for quite some time last night, too sad. 

I attended a vigil down the street from where I live and a couple hundred people showed up. It was perfectly peaceful even though I do live in a city with a fair bit of violent crime generally. Boston has a protest planned for a few hours from now, so we'll see what happens. I don't defend destruction of property and looting in the least, but I also see it from both sides. You also have outside agitators from what I've heard anecdotally, both white supremacist types and people on the far left as well. 

exactly right.  the violence and looting is wrong. protest but do it peacefully and many are.

Edited by bswanson

19 minutes ago, bswanson said:

Protest but do it peacefully

L O L

Yes, people were so receptive of peaceful protests. Like the one Colin Kapernick did for example. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, bswanson said:

exactly right.  the violence and looting is wrong. protest but do it peacefully and many are.

They’ve been protesting peacefully for many years, and white folks & non-ally always complain about it. 

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

L O L

Yes, people were so receptive of peaceful protests. Like the one Colin Kapernick did for example. :rolleyes:

This!

Every news outlet I turn on is quick to tell me that I shouldn't assume that all protesters are violent just because a few of them are...that the vast majority of them are protesting peacefully.  I agree with this statement by the way.

But what about the police?  Should they all be judged as corrupt, racists just because a few are?  

• Like 1

I don't cast all police officers with the same brush. But the past few days have shown us how many scum pigs there really are in the force. For those officers who are out there, overstepping boundaries and inciting more violence, this is like Christmas morning for them. Stuff they've always wanted to do but have never had the chance.

Pretty good compilation of police/national guard overstepping their boundaries (with video evidence). So you can only imagine how much more of this is going on with no cameras present.

https://reddit.com/r/news/comments/gu10qz/law_enforcement_fires_paint_projectile_at/fsg17l5/

12 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

But what about the police?  Should they all be judged as corrupt, racists just because a few are?  

Yes. It has been shown time and time and time again that police don’t hold each other accountable. There are no good police because they all unrepentantly let the bad ones commit violence.

• Thanks 1