The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

You know what, I say let the anarchy continue. 

Imagine living in a country where people of a certain colour can storm a government building with assault rifles and nothing happens, and yet someone of another colour can be murdered by police for "suspected forgery". Imagine being in a country where a journalist can be arrested for no reason whatsoever. Imagine living in a country where the President threatens physical violence on social media.

If things keep up maybe those in the USA who are blind to the countries faults will finally wake up and want to make things better.

• Like 1

I haven’t been able to listen to the entire press conference, but I did hear Walz throwing Mayor Frey under the bus for the events of last night. I think most on the left and right agree that Frey’s leadership has been non-existent on this. He is literally worthless. So, apparently, Walz is taking over. I’m glad he’s pissed. 

Edited by TeamAudra

These riots spreading around the country feel like they have less to do with George Floyd, and more to do with opportunism. 20-40% unemployment due to Covid shutdowns is gasoline on the fire. These kids have nothing else to do. In addition, everyone is in agreement that a large number of the people rioting in Minneapolis are outsiders. Their actions have no long term consequences for them, because they don’t have to live in those neighborhoods. I fully expect it to get worse before it gets better, especially since every one of these cities are governed by progressive Democrats who have no clue how to maintain law and order. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Based on information obtained through arrests, the Minnesota Governor estimates as many as 80% of “protestors” are from out of town, including most of those inciting violence and starting fires. This is domestic terrorism. US military support is on the way. 

Check this out. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Again....the people who actually live in the neighborhood, and own businesses there, cleaning up after the domestic terrorists. 

Now that makes more sense to me that its people from the outside pillaging the grocery stores and what not. I didnt realize Philandro Castille was also murdered there. And even a white women was murdered by cops there. I think the mayor has to have some prior knowledge of the corrupt police dept. He needs to go, at least from an outsider prespective.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

yeah the ones that wre coming out of town and looting and destrying things are only hurting the cause. and he better be found guilty. what possible reason does he have to knell on him that long. when someone is down and in handcuffs they are not a danger 

Just now, bswanson said:

yeah the ones that wre coming out of town and looting and destrying things are only hurting the cause. and he better be found guilty. what possible reason does he have to knell on him that long. when someone is down and in handcuffs they are not a danger 

He won't be found guilty, they've already set up the eventual not guilty charge in the autopsy report. This officer would also be walking free right now if not only for Minneapolis burning down Friday morning. The riots will calm down eventually, and start again once the not guilty charge comes down, and then they'll subside again until the next black man is killed for no reason on video for everyone to see.

Change only comes if you want there to be change. There is no appetite for change among those in the USA who could make it happen. Likely because to get to that point you need to admit that there was a problem to begin with.

Now that it’s clear that most of the domestic terrorists are from out of state, I’m sensing a higher level of agitation with the situation, if that’s possible. Even many of the liberals, who kept quiet, when they thought it was about George Floyd are speaking out. In addition, some of the damage from last night got a little too close for comfort to the Uptown area, which is where a lot of liberals with power and money live and shop. “Let it burn” isn’t going to fly with those people. The recurring theme is centered around the 8:00 PM curfew. The National Guard has been fully mobilized, and they will be assisted in some way (not entirely sure how at this point) by the US military. They clearly want innocent protesters out of the way for tonight’s confrontation with the out of state domestic terrorists. Buckle up. 

Edited by TeamAudra

🤨

“White Nationalists”

These are thought to be leftist groups, such as Antifa. I’ll be interested to see what they uncover. I know they want to get the  largely left wing citizens of Minneapolis to cooperate. If that’s what it takes, fine. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I love that this of all things is what starts making people scream "domestic terrorism", as if the numerous mass shootings that have plagued the USA over the past 10+ years have not been described as such. Pathetic.

Edited by ButterflyEffect
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I love that this of all things is what starts making people scream "domestic terrorism", as if the numerous mass shootings that have plagued the USA over the past 10+ years have not been described as such. Pathetic.

Well, you obviously don’t have to worry about it on your sparsely populated island. No need to constantly take pot shots. Just be happy. This is the definition of domestic terrorism. 

Edited by TeamAudra