Jump to content

The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic


Drew
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, sneaky said:

These woke type policies in themselves are racist against blacks and hispanics. Yes, blacks and hispanics may be a little more likely to have underlying health conditions/be in poverty but a lot of them aren't. To assume they all are at high risk is honestly racist. A lot of these types assume every rough neighborhood is a minority neighborhood too--which isnt true


I agree with everything you said here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, season1 said:

 

It's HHS so it's on Abbott. 

 

Looking at that guidelines for MN, I guess a healthy (no underlying conditions) under 65 white person will be at the back of the bus for monoclonal. They could have shortened the sentence re race/ethnicity by saying "non-white".

 

I checked my state and the list is much shorter:

 

All high-risk adults and high-risk youth ages 12-17 who weigh at least 88 pounds may be eligible for treatment. High-risk factors can include: 

  • Older age 
  • Obesity or being overweight
  • Pregnancy
  • Chronic kidney disease
  • Diabetes
  • A weakened immune system or taking medicine that weakens your immune system
  • Heart disease including high blood pressure
  • Lung disease such as COPD, asthma, or cystic fibrosis 
  • Sickle cell disease
  • Cerebral palsy or other developmental conditions
  • Regular use of a feeding tube or ventilator

Other non-medical factors such as race or ethnicity may also put individuals at higher risk for severe COVID-19.

 


What makes the rationing even more egregious is that there is no shortage of the treatment. 
 

I’ll bet hardly anyone in my state even knows about it, unless they listen to conservative talk radio, or watch Fox News. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox News reported whispering in Washington that the Biden admin wants to replace Kamala, due to her unpopularity and gaffes. Their reasons are understandable, but there’s also a lot of delicious irony here. It would need to be confirmed in the House and Senate. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Fox News reported whispering in Washington that the Biden admin wants to replace Kamala, due to her unpopularity and gaffes. Their reasons are understandable, but there’s also a lot of delicious irony here. It would need to be confirmed in the House and Senate. 

 

In 1972, Richard Nixon was reelected as POTUS. His VP was Spiro Agnew. In 1973, Agnew resigned as VP and Gerald Ford was appointed as VP. In 1974, Ford became POTUS when Nixon resigned. Ford became president without receiving a single vote from the American people.

 

Are the democrats trying to put someone as POTUS without being elected, by using the same mechanism in the 70s that put Ford in the WH? Hillary? Obama? Nancy?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, season1 said:

 

In 1972, Richard Nixon was reelected as POTUS. His VP was Spiro Agnew. In 1973, Agnew resigned as VP and Gerald Ford was appointed as VP. In 1974, Ford became POTUS when Nixon resigned. Ford became president without receiving a single vote from the American people.

 

Are the democrats trying to put someone as POTUS without being elected, by using the same mechanism in the 70s that put Ford in the WH? Hillary? Obama? Nancy?


It’s the first thing that crossed my mind. :haha:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, season1 said:

 

In 1972, Richard Nixon was reelected as POTUS. His VP was Spiro Agnew. In 1973, Agnew resigned as VP and Gerald Ford was appointed as VP. In 1974, Ford became POTUS when Nixon resigned. Ford became president without receiving a single vote from the American people.

 

Are the democrats trying to put someone as POTUS without being elected, by using the same mechanism in the 70s that put Ford in the WH? Hillary? Obama? Nancy?

If they did it would be Pete Buttigieg. His rise as medium size town mayor to high ranking DC official is only rivaled by Obama's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Fox News reported whispering in Washington that the Biden admin wants to replace Kamala, due to her unpopularity and gaffes. Their reasons are understandable, but there’s also a lot of delicious irony here. It would need to be confirmed in the House and Senate. 

Shame to go through all that effort and keep Sheriff Joe. 🤨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, TeamAudra said:


He’s the definition of a lightweight. 

I like his personality. He comes across as a nice guy, even if it is a bit of an Obama impression, essentially. But yes, it would help to have actually had some semblance of experience with the department which you're heading. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, Drew said:

I like his personality. He comes across as a nice guy, even if it is a bit of an Obama impression, essentially. But yes, it would help to have actually had some semblance of experience with the department which you're heading. 


Just last week, he was talking about replacing “racist bridges,” and took a couple months off from his job in the middle of a supply-chain crisis. Hard pass!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, sneaky said:

If they did it would be Pete Buttigieg. His rise as medium size town mayor to high ranking DC official is only rivaled by Obama's.

 

I thought about him but he's kinda forgettable. I tried to think of a dem politician who's younger than 70 and charismatic in Washington DC and I can't think of anyone.

 

Maybe one of the governors? How about Nancy's nephew? He just beat a recall and he seems to be aiming for the WH? Gavin Newsom could be a viable 2024 contender, and a couple of years in the WH would boost his profile a lot. Roy Cooper, two-term NC Governor, is another one who could also be viable in 2024 after a couple of years in the WH. 

Edited by season1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, season1 said:

 

I thought about him but he's kinda forgettable. I tried to think of a dem politician who's younger than 70 and charismatic in Washington DC and I can't think of anyone.

 

Maybe one of the governors? How about Nancy's nephew? He just beat a recall and he seems to be aiming for the WH? Gavin Newsom could be a viable 2024 contender, and a couple of years in the WH would boost his profile a lot. Roy Cooper, two-term NC Governor, is another one who could also be viable in 2024 after a couple of years in the WH. 


Whoever they pick will need to be a puppet for AOC and that crazy wing of the party, like Biden is. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My home state. Just yesterday, one of my customers told me about her tenant, who is 51 years old, very active and fit, and “fully vaccinated.” He’s been in the hospital for over a week and not doing well at all. I didn’t ask questions. His fiancé is also in the hospital. 
 

Based on these numbers, monoclonal antibodies should be available to everyone, not just the unvaccinated. 
 


 

Apparently, the feds are sending medical staff to Minnesota to help with the outbreak due to staffing shortages. Yes, there are vaccine mandates for medical staff in Minnesota. 
 

https://www.fox9.com/news/2-federal-emergency-medical-teams-to-help-staff-at-minnesota-hospitals

 

—-

 

You don’t need to be an epidemiologist to figure out where this is headed, especially now that the weather is getting a little colder. I feel fortunate that I’ve already had it. 
 

WqvwpES.png
 

ikI16Lg.png
 

 

At least my Democrat Governor seems to have a little common sense. He says implementing mask mandates and shutting down businesses are not effective tools. He’s also running for election, so that might have something to do with it, but I actually believe this is what he thinks about it. Where are all of the fear mongers to tell us he’s a “murderer,” like they do to Republican Governors?
 

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/walz-explains-why-hes-not-using-emergency-powers-to-combat-covid-surge

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, season1 said:

 

I thought about him but he's kinda forgettable. I tried to think of a dem politician who's younger than 70 and charismatic in Washington DC and I can't think of anyone.

 

Maybe one of the governors? How about Nancy's nephew? He just beat a recall and he seems to be aiming for the WH? Gavin Newsom could be a viable 2024 contender, and a couple of years in the WH would boost his profile a lot. Roy Cooper, two-term NC Governor, is another one who could also be viable in 2024 after a couple of years in the WH. 

I think Newsom definitely has aspirations for higher office than Governor, so I'll echo that. I always thought he would become Governor someday and it happened. He looks like a politician, which is just a crazy reason to vote for someone but it undoubtedly happens. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...