The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

Did CNN and MSNBC air Winsome Sears’ speech, or did they cut away. Just curious….

—-

BTW, the Republican Attorney General elect in Virginia is Hispanic. 

——

EDIT: No, they did not air her speech. 🤨 

Obviously, I’m not surprised. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Did CNN and MSNBC air Winsome Sears’ speech, or did they cut away. Just curious….

—-

BTW, the Republican Attorney General elect in Virginia is Hispanic. 

——

EDIT: No, they did not air her speech. 🤨 

Obviously, I’m not surprised. 

They probably don't like her support for the 2nd amendment /

From April 2021:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bswanson said:

this proves people dont like to be told what to do. most people are for the vax its the mandates they are against. no one should lose their job for not wanting the vax. 

It’s that and about a million other things.

Governor Murphy is ahead slightly now, but it's a dead heat and definitely a message to Democrats. That race wasn't supposed to be close. I'm a Massachusetts person, but I think of Murphy as one of the Governors having instituted the harshest COVID policies along with NY, CA, and so on. Individuals are more than capable of making their own decisions. If they make the wrong one, they will live (or not) with that decision.

By the way, congratulations to Governor-elect Youngkin. He ran a fantastic race. His opponent who has a long history in the state, he completely screwed up by indicating parents should have nothing to say about the curriculum and then went on to double-down. Even if that's not the complete context, he didn't attempt to clean it up and that killed him. He also attempted to tie Youngkin to President Trump and that just didn't work out. 

Can we talk about how pathetic the Lincoln Project is attempting to do what they did in this race? A prominent commentator said you'd be better off burning your money in the street than donating it to these idiots. 

• Like 3

Good luck getting “Build Back Better” passed now. Sinema and Manchin appear to be the only smart Democrats. I’m always skeptical of these holdouts, but this result will make them even reluctant. There are likely some House Democrats rethinking their votes on this too. 

Do the Democrats replace Biden before or after the 2022 midterms?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Welp that's what happens when you just run Republican-lite, Hillary corporate types. Enjoy Dems. You and Republicans play for the same teams in the end anyway.

I laugh because NONE of those Democrat candidates are Republican-lite.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Welp that's what happens when you just run Republican-lite, Hillary corporate types. Enjoy Dems. You and Republicans play for the same teams in the end anyway.

I hope the Democrat TPTB agree with you and run to the left. 😂 

Anyway, I understand many of your positions are left of center. I get it. At the same time, you’re more in line with your Governor on covid mandates. If you elect a Democrat next year, you’ll probably be subjected to some of those mandates that you hate.  What is the most important issue to you? 

Edited by TeamAudra

I love the title! Call it what it is…a crime. 

More on the election reforms here. This is good stuff. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/03/desantis-announces-key-steps-to-ensure-election-integrity-in-florida-ballot-harvesting-third-degree-felony/

And this is brilliant. 

Edited by TeamAudra