The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

This is not a joke.

pR2Js4K.png

rNzMxhC.png

Tucker's take:

Biden gives Americans high gas prices, inflation, mandates, lost jobs, destroyed businesses, but gives illegals up to $1 million per family. Tucker mentioned that the $450K is more than 4x the amount of what the families of soldiers killed in a war get. It's more than what the 911 victims got. Your tax payments are gonna be used for reparations to foreigners. 

They should not even be here in the first place. They could have applied for asylum in US consulates/embassies in their countries or in Mexico. Now Biden is using taxpayers money to settle a lawsuit that should have no standing. Non-citizens have more rights than American citizens in the democrats' America Last policies. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t really want to debate Bernie’s involvement in complicating the passage of this ridiculous bill they’re pushing, but Biden’s drop in poll numbers is mostly due to lost support among Independents, not Democrats. 

I wouldn’t expect you to like the bill, but the reality is there are a lot of things in there that’s lot of Americans would like (expanding the child tax credit and universal preK)

the biggest gripe Dem voters have - and the reason Dem voter turnout is low sometimes is because of the perception that Dems don’t do anything, and over and over again Bernie plays into it. 

Biden’s biggest and most important drop has been with Dems. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/01/us/politics/biden-approval-ratings.html

I don’t think we’ll end up giving those families 450K, but if we do..it’ll be the first time we properly apologized for one of our major human rights violations. So good on Biden for trying.  

granted, I expect this has less to do with doing the right thing, and more to do with avoiding international sanctions when we have supply chain issues..

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think we should focus on taking care of our service-people that return from overseas before migrants, the optics of it aren't good for the Biden administration. 

How about the American citizens still held hostage in Afghanistan?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Drew said:

I think we should focus on taking care of our service-people that return from overseas before migrants, the optics of it aren't good for the Biden administration. 

You mean like expanded VA services that the GOP, Manchin, and Sinema continue to refuse to vote for in the BBB bill? 

1 hour ago, mercfan3 said:

You mean like expanded VA services that the GOP, Manchin, and Sinema continue to refuse to vote for in the BBB bill? 

If you want that and/or an expansion of child tax credits, they can be debated without being part of a multi-trillion dollar bill. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I do feel for those kids. This is the 3rd school year of wearing masks 7-8 hours day. I'm lucky enough to work from home for the time being but I think most companies outside the direct service companies arent even making employees wear masks. Its really unfair to ask especially elementary schoolers to handle this perpetually.

• Like 2

Working in a school - parents care way more than kids do. I feel bad for them too because I can take my mask off during preps. But I’ve only ever heard three kids complain about it. It’s just another annoying rule too them. 

Once the vaccine is available for 5 and up. I think we’ll see schools lift the mask mandate. 

As for the bill, we can only put what we want in reconciliation, as the GOP refuses to vote for any sort of social program, and we’d need 60 votes for a non reconciliation. The fact that there are members of the GOP voting for the infrastructure bill is amazing, considering they haven’t voted for a Dem President led bill since Clinton..

0AbZWP8.png

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/31/government-contracts-vaccine-mandate-517857

From the article:

Objections among certain vendors over President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate for federal contractors are reaching an inflection point. As the deadline for workforce vaccination approaches, some trucking companies are mulling whether to end their work with the federal government altogether, according to two industry insiders.

In an interview, the American Trucking Associations’ executive vice president for advocacy Bill Sullivan told POLITICO that some companies may simply decide that the cost of the mandate is not worth the government’s checks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, season1 said:

0AbZWP8.png

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/31/government-contracts-vaccine-mandate-517857

From the article:

Objections among certain vendors over President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate for federal contractors are reaching an inflection point. As the deadline for workforce vaccination approaches, some trucking companies are mulling whether to end their work with the federal government altogether, according to two industry insiders.

In an interview, the American Trucking Associations’ executive vice president for advocacy Bill Sullivan told POLITICO that some companies may simply decide that the cost of the mandate is not worth the government’s checks.

They can’t afford to lose the employees, or many of them will go under. It’s that simple. 

• Like 1

More on the vaccine mandates polling. DeSantis (and a couple others, including Abbott) has been right on this all along. I’ll bet the numbers are even more in his favor in Florida. Maybe now a few more Republicans will feel emboldened to come out of their shell. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Interesting to see what happens in VA tonight! Looks like education has swung it in favor of the Republican. Parents have had enough and Youngkin is the beneficiary. 

I’m worried about cheating. Most of the polling shows close to a dead heat. Too close for comfort.