The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

7 minutes ago, bswanson said:

prob just wearing off like any other vaccine it doesnt last forever. also for the antibodoes they should make them available for all states 

Fauci told us if we got to 50% vaccination rate, we wouldn’t have any more outbreaks. Just this past July, Biden all but declared victory over the virus, and told us we don’t have to wear masks anymore if we were vaccinated. Two months ago! Now, Biden and Fauci are saying we need booster shots, despite the FDA not supporting it, and people are resigning from the FDA over the pressure being out on them by Biden to push it through. 

The Monoclonal Antibody treatment has been available since last year. Florida is the first state to make them widely available, and promote them to the public, and as has been mentioned by others, DeSantis was widely ridiculed for it. Now, numerous other states want to do the same thing. I predicted this would happen a few weeks ago, after reading about the effectiveness of the treatment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Fauci told us if we got to 50% vaccination rate, we wouldn’t have any more outbreaks. Just this past July, Biden all but declared victory over the virus, and told us we don’t have to wear masks anymore if we were vaccinated. Two months ago! Now, Biden and Fauci are saying we need booster shots, despite the FDA not supporting it, and people are resigning from the FDA over the pressure being out on them by Biden to push it through. 

The Monoclonal Antibody treatment has been available since last year. Florida is the first state to make them widely available, and promote them to the public, and as has been mentioned by others, DeSantis was widely ridiculed for it. Now, numerous other states want to do the same thing. I predicted this would happen a few weeks ago, after reading about the effectiveness of the treatment. 

When Trump got covid in October 2020, he recovered in 3 days and he credited Regeneron's mAB treatment. He pushed for it to be approved, or at least get emergency authorization, but the FDA took months to finally give it EUA.

To help save lives and get covid under control,  the government should have promoted mAB treatment, and IVM and HCQ Prophylaxis and early treatment, as well as supplementation to boost natural immune system, as part of an all-of-the-above approach to problem solving. But instead, they only focus on vaccines, and making it seem like only vaccines can help. They banned HCQ and IVM from being used in hospitals and now they restricted mAB, and mandated vaccines that is now being shown as not sufficient and its effectiveness is proven to be short-lived, requiring boosters.

Seeing the federal government rationing/restricting effective treatments, anyone who still advocates for government-run healthcare is not looking out for your health.

de596b7ce7dea78054bdffc9d1425dd7.jpg

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, season1 said:

When Trump got covid in October 2020, he recovered in 3 days and he credited Regeneron's mAB treatment. He pushed for it to be approved, or at least get emergency authorization, but the FDA took months to finally give it EUA.

To help save lives and get covid under control,  the government should have promoted mAB treatment, and IVM and HCQ Prophylaxis and early treatment, as well as supplementation to boost natural immune system, as part of an all-of-the-above approach to problem solving. But instead, they only focus on vaccines, and making it seem like only vaccines can help. They banned HCQ and IVM from being used in hospitals and now they restricted mAB, and mandated vaccines that is now being shown as not sufficient and its effectiveness is proven to be short-lived, requiring boosters.

Seeing the federal government rationing/restricting effective treatments, anyone who still advocates for government-run healthcare is not looking out for your health.

de596b7ce7dea78054bdffc9d1425dd7.jpg

EUA was granted on November 21st. 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-monoclonal-antibodies-treatment-covid-19

I still don’t understand why it didn’t have widespread use until recently. Maybe it’s because Trump said it was good. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

EUA was granted on November 21st. 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-monoclonal-antibodies-treatment-covid-19

I still don’t understand why it didn’t have widespread use until recently. Maybe it’s because Trump said it was good. 

Just like when they tried to discredit HCQ because Trump mentioned it as one of the treatments that could work in early stages (first 4-5 days of onset). A year later, HCQ is proven to be effective in prophylaxis and early treatment with a lot of studies backing it up.

Remember last year, when the democrats were saying they're not gonna take the "Trump vaccine"?  Now they want to force everyone to take it.

And questioning the vaccine and suggesting that people should pray on it and decide for themselves, and not be bullied, can get you attacked by the social media mob, fake news media and TV personalities. Just ask Nicki Minaj. They even took issue with her tweeting Tucker and she fired back

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Unbelievable. 

Forcing masks on kids is child abuse. Restricting oxygen, potentially inflicting developmental harm, as well as subjecting kids to untold psychological effects, is child abuse. Why do they require kids to mask up when the virus affects them the least? Making kids suffer so adults can feel "safe" is disgusting.

I’ll believe the mandate for the private sector companies with 100+ employees will go into effect when I see it. They left themselves a lot of time for bribes and threats, but also a lot of time for legal challenges. I’m still not expecting the large company I work for to comply. 

——

“…Federal workers have roughly 75 days to get themselves vaccinated, the White House indicated…”

“….The clock for private sector workers doesn't start ticking until the Department of Labor actually issues its rule, expected in coming weeks. After that, they are likely to have a period of 50 to 90 days to comply, officials said….”

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/how-will-bidens-vaccine-mandate-impact-workers-companies-2021-09-13/

• Like 2

Some numbers DeSantis shared yesterday. This is stunning. Several weeks ago, he saw the data, and the number of breakthrough cases was much higher than expected. That is why he switched course, and went all in on the Monoclonal Antibody treatment sites. The libs aren’t happy that he stopped tweeting about vaccination, yet Floridians have continued to get vaccinated at a higher rate than the national average. 

VBNXdl3.png

52 minutes ago, bswanson said:

yes a healthy 30 year old will recover but the problem is they could spread it to someone else that is high risk, so we stil gotta do treamentseither vax or the antibodies. whatever works best. 

One of the best things we can do is maintain a healthy weight, get regular exercise and eat a healthy diet. I don’t hear that advice given often enough. 

BTW, the FDA vote against boosters for all was 16-2, despite the enormous pressure from Biden and Fauci to push it through. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, TeamAudra said:
As have a bunch of other blue states, with more to come. 

I can confirm this is the same for Hawai'i as well. Vaccine requirements for employees and now patrons are implemented and we are still in the hitting an all-time high for average daily cases. In addition, we have just hit an all-time high for reported deaths under COVID as well. The protests against the mandates are increasing in size, but the mayors, the Lt. Governor and the Governor himself are refusing to listen to their opposition. They are still continuing to blame the unvaccinated no matter what; calling them hostile yet they never seen the protests themselves. 

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

I can confirm this is the same for Hawai'i as well. Vaccine requirements for employees and now patrons are implemented and we are still in the hitting an all-time high for average daily cases. In addition, we have just hit an all-time high for reported deaths under COVID as well. The protests against the mandates are increasing in size, but the mayors, the Lt. Governor and the Governor himself are refusing to listen to their opposition. They are still continuing to blame the unvaccinated no matter what; calling them hostile yet they never seen the protests themselves. 

Yeah, we’re heading in the wrong direction in Minnesota too. I have some insight into how the Minneapolis liberals think, because I deal with them every day. I will tell you most of them think they are safe because they are vaccinated, and have largely ditched the masks in most public settings. I’m sure there is still a far left minority (maybe 20%?) who will want more lockdowns and restrictions when the numbers go back up. Most are sick and tired of it, and aren’t even that worried about covid. 

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Most are sick and tired of it, and aren’t even that worried about covid. 

It's the opposite in Hawai'i, most of the libs that I dealt would support more lockdowns and stricter vaccination mandates (like the passport) in a heartbeat...heck I am sure they would support a booster as well despite what places like Vermont, Florida (taking the antibody treatments out of the equation), and like you said Minnesota, show in regards to the high-infection rates in high-vaccinated populations. I tried to talk through them about it, but knowing how they are with their opinions, it felt real pointless lol. I will say however, that some are getting increasingly frustrated with authority and their utter hypocrisy with the mandates and such...but most would not oppose more authority to "decrease the infection rate." 70% was the set for "immunity" and now they are just forcing everyone to get vaccinated and businesses to implement a mandate or else they would get severely punished for it.

Edited by Gmm99

10 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

It's the opposite in Hawai'i, most of the libs that I dealt would support more lockdowns and stricter vaccination mandates (like the passport) in a heartbeat...heck I am sure they would support a booster as well despite what places like Vermont, Florida (taking the antibody treatments out of the equation), and like you said Minnesota, show in regards to the high-infection rates in high-vaccinated populations. I tried to talk through them about it, but knowing how they are with their opinions, it felt real pointless lol. I will say however, that some are getting increasingly frustrated with authority and their utter hypocrisy with the mandates and such...but most would not oppose more authority to "decrease the infection rate." 70% was the set for "immunity" and now they are just forcing everyone to get vaccinated and businesses to implement a mandate or else they would get severely punished for it.

On the vaccine mandates…a strong  majority of the Minnesota liberals likely support that.  Don’t get me wrong there. I was referring to the way they go about their daily lives. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

One of the best things we can do is maintain a healthy weight, get regular exercise and eat a healthy diet. I don’t hear that advice given often enough. 

BTW, the FDA vote against boosters for all was 16-2, despite the enormous pressure from Biden and Fauci to push it through. 

yeah i will trust the fda. it does seem too soon for boosters. 

El Salvador's government is distributing Ivermectin, Zinc, C, D, Acetaminophen and Aspirin to its citizens who have covid, or those who live in a high-covid infection area. This medication package has been proven to work in India, El Salvador, Japan, Mexico and many other countries. They don't wait until symptoms get worse to treat their patients. 

https://gab.com/White__Rabbit/posts/106950403951810037

Here in the US, it is hard to find a doctor who will prescribe IVM or HCQ. And after almost 2 years, the NIH is still studying if vitamins and minerals like C, D and Zinc, could help in Covid treatment. 

GOP governors should take the lead and distribute this proven medication package in their states and they'll see a major reduction in cases and hospitalization (example 1, example 2).

Edited by season1

Pentagon admits 'tragic mistake' in strike that killed 10 civilians

The Pentagon on Friday confirmed it mistook a civilian vehicle for an ISIS-K threat when it launched a drone strike on Aug. 29 in Kabul that killed 10 civilians.

“I am now convinced that as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children, were tragically killed in that strike,” U.S. Central Command head Gen. Frank McKenzie told reporters at the Pentagon. “Moreover, we analyzed that it is unlikely that the vehicle and those who died were associated with ISIS-K or were a direct threat to U.S. forces.”

(More details here.)