The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

I mentioned a while back, I’d consider getting the booster at some point. Never mind. I think I’ll pass. There have even been resignations at the FDA over this. They wonder why people are skeptical of everything they tell us. 

Anyone here interested in getting this booster shot? :haha: 

Edited by TeamAudra

If these stories are true, Milley committed treason and he was the real insurrectionist against the government. A traitor who collaborated with the enemy to subvert the commander-in-chief at that time. He should be tried and hanged, but since he went against the "bad orange man", he'll be treated like a hero by the media and the democrats and will be allowed to retire with full pension.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, season1 said:

Yeah, I saw that. 

Today, he announced a bill to eliminate Common Core, which appears to have widespread bi-partisan support, so I suppose some Democrats took the day off from attacking him. 

• Like 2

DeSantis’ Press Secretary. :giggle:

She’s good. If you hadn’t heard, Twitter suspended her for 12 hours a few weeks ago, for correcting a false claim in an AP article.  

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

From Monday, someone (or a group) at the white house does not want Biden asking questions of going off script:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-white-house-cuts-bidens-feed-when-he-asks-a-question

As reported by Fox News, “During Monday’s visit to Boise, Idaho, Biden received a briefing about the ongoing wildfires that have plagued several states out west. While Biden spoke for much of the briefing, at one point he said he wanted to hear more from George Geissler of the National Association of State Foresters.”

“Can I ask you a question?” Biden asked.

“Of course,” Geissler replied.

“One of the things that I’ve been working on with some others is —” Biden said before the feed was cut and replaced with a full-screen graphic that said, “Thank You For Joining.”

Edited by season1
  • Haha 1

Turns out lots of states are reporting having their shipments of monoclonal antibodies cut significantly. Guess which states those are? It’s not hard.   

Here’s one of them. 

—-

Regeneron’s MABs are purchased by the federal government, due to a deal Trump made with the company. Apparently, DeSantis is working around the federal government to get them directly from GlaxoSmithKline. Let’s see whether Biden tries to interfere with that. 

Several other red states have followed Florida’s lead on this as of late, and are also reporting problems getting the MAB ever since the Biden administration took over distribution. I don’t think many blue states are even using them much, and it’s not as though they don’t need them, looking at the charts.  Many are headed in the wrong direction. Maybe they don’t want to use them, since widespread use and promotion of the treatment was DeSantis’ idea, and he’s been mocked for it by the left. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://babylonbee.com/news/gavin-newsom-named-u-haul-salesperson-of-the-year

XWjw6RI.png

In their second-quarter earnings statement, U-Haul revealed their sales on the West Coast have increased over 37,000% as every human with a pulse and marginal desire for a better life has packed up all their worldly belongings and chosen to leave for greener pastures in a giant U-Haul truck. 

"We are deeply grateful to Gavin for our success in 2021," said Buggstein. "The only problem now is that we're all out of trucks. And no one is willing to drive a U-Haul back to California. And I'm leaving with my family as well. So I guess this is it! Bye everyone!" Buggstein then jumped in the last U-Haul with his family and took off for Texas. 

Please go north, Californians. Stay in the Pacific area and don't go east. I hear people in the east are white supremacists. /

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Turns out lots of states are reporting having their shipments of monoclonal antibodies cut significantly. Guess which states those are? It’s not hard.   

Here’s one of them. 

—-

Regeneron’s MABs are purchased by the federal government, due to a deal Trump made with the company. Apparently, DeSantis is working around the federal government to get them directly from GlaxoSmithKline. Let’s see whether Biden tries to interfere with that. 

Several other red states have followed Florida’s lead on this as of late, and are also reporting problems getting the MAB ever since the Biden administration took over distribution. I don’t think many blue states are even using them much, and it’s not as though they don’t need them, looking at the charts.  Many are headed in the wrong direction. Maybe they don’t want to use them, since widespread use and promotion of the treatment was DeSantis’ idea, and he’s been mocked for it by the left. 

Good for him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Biden is playing a dangerous (and evil) game here. 

——

Also, this. This same pattern is showing up in other states too. 

The governors of these states should try to get the supply directly from the manufacturer, maybe form a compact with other states to increase their negotiating power and bypass the federal agencies. They should also push for all-of-the-above approach by authorizing other effective treatment protocols.

And it seems booster shots may not help much. Here's a report from Israel about the 3rd dose of the vaccine:

There's also the risk of Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE) from the vaccine.

According to scientific study, the ADE risk was well known prior to the Covid-19 vaccines being allowed on the market.

"One potential hurdle for antibody-based vaccines and therapeutics is the risk of exacerbating COVID-19 severity via antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE)," explained a study in Nature. "ADE can increase the severity of multiple viral infections, including other respiratory viruses such as respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and measles."

Scientists say that with ADE, after people get vaccinated for an initial virus, infection by a subsequent variant or strain of the virus can result in "increased viral replication and more severe disease, leading to major safety risks."

"Non-neutralizing antibodies generated by past infection or vaccination fail to shut down the pathogen upon re-exposure. Instead, they act as a gateway by allowing the virus to gain entry and replicate in cells that are usually off limits... That, in turn, can lead to wider dissemination of illness, and over-reactive immune responses that cause more severe illness," according to scientists.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Florida rolled out their vaccine program very quickly for seniors, late last year. Seems like it has either worn off, or it’s not working well for the Delta variant. 

—-

It’s easy to see why the Democrats are so afraid of him. 

This was so predictable. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2