The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

We could fill up pages and pages of these reports. I’ll bet not a single person here expected Biden to leave 100s or 1000s of American citizens behind, and not lift a finger to try to get them out. It’s all very difficult to process, even for me. 

——-

It’s a clusterf*ck on so many levels that the average person probably won’t spend enough time researching it, and therefore won’t fully understand it. But, they do understand, “American citizens left behind enemy lines, by our President,” and they know  the definition of the word, “hostage.” Many of the hostages are children. Joe Biden is Jimmy Carter on steroids. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

We could fill up pages and pages of these reports. I’ll bet not a single person here expected Biden to leave 100s or 1000s of American citizens behind, and not lift a finger to try to get them out. It’s all very difficult to process, even for me. 

——-

It’s a clusterf*ck on so many levels that the average person probably won’t spend enough time researching it, and therefore won’t fully understand it. But, they do understand, “American citizens left behind enemy lines, by our President,” and they know  the definition of the word, “hostage.” Many of the hostages are children. Joe Biden is Jimmy Carter on steroids. 

You're not alone in trying to comprehend this. And you're right people aren't spending enough time researching this. Only a few of my .co-workers seem to know what's happening, and one only reacted when I talked about the dogs, smh. Maybe when or if China makes a move on Taiwan and their child is drafted will they wake up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nutterbutter said:

You're not alone in trying to comprehend this. And you're right people aren't spending enough time researching this. Only a few of my .co-workers seem to know what's happening, and one only reacted when I talked about the dogs, smh. Maybe when or if China makes a move on Taiwan and their child is drafted will they wake up.

Yep. I’ve kept up on all of it, but I know I’m wasting my time posting about it here. I just focus mostly on the American citizens left behind, because that’s something everyone can understand, along with the dogs, and Biden checking his watch. Honestly, there is a large faction on the left who doesn’t care about any of these things. All you have to do is read the replies on Twitter to see that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Yep. I’ve kept up on all of it, but I know I’m wasting my time posting about it here. I just focus mostly on the American citizens left behind, because that’s something everyone can understand, along with the dogs, and Biden checking his watch. Honestly, there is a large faction on the left who doesn’t care about any of these things. All you have to do is read the replies on Twitter to see that. 

I don't think you are wasting your time. I very much appreciate yours and season1 post. I guess if its not on TikTok most people have no clue what's happening or they hear the media narrative and move on. I just found out the vaccine that was approved by the FDA for covid, is not even available here. It's a new vaccine and many state health departments don't know when it will be available in the USA. Anyway, as I said. I appreciate your posting, but I also understand how exhausting it is to one's psyche. 

• Like 3

From Military.com: Congress Moves Closer to Making Women Register for the Draft

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/09/03/congress-moves-closer-making-women-register-draft.html

The House Armed Services Committee voted Wednesday to expand registration for the Selective Service System, commonly known as the draft, to include women, a move that brings the requirement one step closer to becoming law.

As part of the debate on the fiscal 2022 defense policy bill, committee members voted 35-24 to require all Americans ages 18 to 24 to register for the draft, not just men.

Air Force veteran Rep. Chrissy Houlahan, D-Pa., proposed the measure, saying the current system is unconstitutional because it discriminates based on gender.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:07 AM, mercfan3 said:

what at a way for NYC to get its first Mayor. 

Major difference between Democrats and the GOP is Democrats hold their politicians responsible for their crap.

This was posted a few days before the Afghanistan debacle. 🙄

• Haha 3

7 day google trend for “Afghanistan”

9 of the top 10 searches, and 20 of the top 25 are related to the dogs left behind. 

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 7-d&geo=US&q=Afghanistan

If you switch it to the 1-day view; you’ll see a bunch of searches related to hostages. 

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 1-d&geo=US&q=Afghanistan

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

Lots of people (especially younger ones) are just living their lives and not paying attention to the rest of the world, unless it somehow affects something of very specific interest to them.

5 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

I don't think you are wasting your time. I very much appreciate yours and season1 post. I guess if its not on TikTok most people have no clue what's happening or they hear the media narrative and move on. I just found out the vaccine that was approved by the FDA for covid, is not even available here. It's a new vaccine and many state health departments don't know when it will be available in the USA. Anyway, as I said. I appreciate your posting, but I also understand how exhausting it is to one's psyche. 

I agree. I check this page at least every couple of days, in case I miss something. Your work is very much appreciated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, season1 said:

From Military.com: Congress Moves Closer to Making Women Register for the Draft

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/09/03/congress-moves-closer-making-women-register-draft.html

The House Armed Services Committee voted Wednesday to expand registration for the Selective Service System, commonly known as the draft, to include women, a move that brings the requirement one step closer to becoming law.

As part of the debate on the fiscal 2022 defense policy bill, committee members voted 35-24 to require all Americans ages 18 to 24 to register for the draft, not just men.

Air Force veteran Rep. Chrissy Houlahan, D-Pa., proposed the measure, saying the current system is unconstitutional because it discriminates based on gender.

Anyone who is surprised by this hasn't been paying attention. Scream about "equality" and you'll get it -- hard. What's hysterical is who's pushing this.

• Like 2

The obvious question is why did they have to go to those lengths to get those 4 out? Didn’t they tell us the Taliban would cooperate, because of “leverage?” What about the other hundreds or thousands? What about the 6-8 planes waiting at the airport, ready to evacuate hundreds of people? This is very concerning. 

I sincerely hope anyone paying attention doesn’t believe the State Department rescued them. 

On that note, those 4-6 planes waiting at the airport to rescue people are funded by Glen Beck’s organization that has been raising money for this cause. The State Department is holding it up, and Biden is on vacation. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

We've read and posted reports on how the State Dept turned away Americans at the airport gates when the troops were still in Kabul airport, and they discouraged or prevented the evacuations spearheaded by private efforts. And now they try to take credit for rescuing people who somehow managed to get out despite the obstacles they helped create. 😠

I don't know if incompetence is enough to explain how the US government officials and departments acted in the Afghanistan debacle. It's almost like some of the mess were deliberate.

But don't call it a hostage situation; the Taliban just didn't give them clearance to leave. The passengers are away from the airport and totally safe, you guys. /

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe the Biden administration doesn’t want Glen Beck to get credit for it. If they would do their job, this wouldn’t be necessary.  

They don't care about the Nazarene Fund efforts, or the Pineapple task force. They don't care about the people left behind. Milley said that what transpired in Afghanistan is one of their contingency plans. Nobody asked him a follow-up question though, if leaving hundreds, possibly thousands of Americans behind is part of their plan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, season1 said:

They don't care about the Nazarene Fund efforts, or the Pineapple task force. They don't care about the people left behind. Milley said that what transpired in Afghanistan is one of their contingency plans. Nobody asked him a follow-up question though, if leaving hundreds, possibly thousands of Americans behind is part of their plan.

They (including Biden) have been advised to downplay the people left behind, and answer as few questions (zero in Biden’s case) as possible. Their “plan” is to hope most people forget about it, and the media has been in on it, although some of the mainstream media did help break the story on the several planes stranded in Afghanistan waiting to rescue some of the hostages. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

They (including Biden) have been advised to downplay the people left behind, and answer as few questions (zero in Biden’s case) as possible. Their “plan” is to hope most people forget about it, and the media has been in on it, although some of the mainstream media did help break the story on the several planes stranded in Afghanistan waiting to rescue some of the hostages. 

The media has been covering for them, as well as the 26% of people who think Biden did a great job in Afghanistan.

The college football fans who watched the games in filled stadiums this weekend, and chanted anti-Biden expletives, they know the deal. And I doubt they would care about Biden's "plans"  for the delta variant. BTW, if their covid plan is on par with their Afghanistan "plan", how messed up can it get?

Edited by season1
  • Like 1