The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

The providing of lists floored me last week. How we do expect these folks (I use that word very loosely) to act in their own self interest? If I were one of them, I would give the United States everyone on those lists, knowing they were going to pack up shop and leave and I'd have free reign of the country again, but these aren't conventional people! 

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

WTF? I can’t access this NYT article, but the text in the tweet says a lot. 

Web archive of the article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210830160016/https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/29/world/taliban-american-university-of-kabul-afghanistan.html

(For those behind a paywall (NYT, WaPo) I always check wayback machine if the article (URL search) is archived or can be archived.) 

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

They say the number is in the 100s, but let’s be real. It’s probably in the 1000s, and that doesn’t include the citizens who are staying only because they can’t get their families out, and they don’t want to leave them. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Still needs more verification. It is hard to believe that the military would leave their dogs behind.

This group is trying to get the dogs out of AFG --

Edited by season1
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, season1 said:

This group is trying to get the dogs out of AFG (though they shouldn't have to, the government should have taken care of getting out the working dogs from there):

Look, I don’t want to leave the impression that I think the dogs are more important than the American citizens left behind with the Taliban and ISIS, but it’s just another thing that pisses me off about this situation. It’s just ridiculous and heartless. Just put them on the damn plane and get in touch with a rescue organization. They wouldn’t have had any trouble at all placing these dogs. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Look, I don’t want to leave the impression that I think the dogs are more important than the American citizens left behind with the Taliban and ISIS, but it’s just another thing that pisses me off about this situation. It’s just ridiculous and heartless. Just put them on the damn plane and get in touch with a rescue organization. They wouldn’t have had any trouble at all placing these dogs. 

I understand. It's not about caring more about one group or another; all these could have been prevented with a proper withdrawal in the correct order.

I still can't believe that the military would leave their dogs behind, and this report needs to be verified and corroborated. But then again, if the people in the airport are denying passage to American citizens, it's not a stretch that they would also leave the military working dogs behind.

Meanwhile, the blame game intensifies. It seems some in the government is blaming the Pentagon for the decision to only hold Kabul airport (the Taliban offered to let US control Kabul's security but they decided to only keep the airport), and an intel leak that Pentagon knew about the incoming terrorist attack that killed 13 service members, 24 hours before it happened.

Despite the finger-pointing about the Afghanistan mess, I would be surprised that they would hold anyone of the US Officials accountable. So far, the only one "fired" (relieved of duty) is the Marine officer who criticized the military leadership and asked for accountability for the chaotic exit.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, season1 said:

I understand. It's not about caring more about one group or another; all these could have been prevented with a proper withdrawal in the correct order.

I still can't believe that the military would leave their dogs behind, and this report needs to be verified and corroborated. But then again, if the people in the airport are denying passage to American citizens, it's not a stretch that they would also leave the military working dogs behind.

Meanwhile, the blame game intensifies. It seems some in the government is blaming the Pentagon for the decision to only hold Kabul airport (the Taliban offered to let US control Kabul's security but they decided to only keep the airport), and an intel leak that Pentagon knew about the incoming terrorist attack that killed 13 service members, 24 hours before it happened.

Despite the finger-pointing about the Afghanistan mess, I would be surprised that they would hold anyone of the US Officials accountable. So far, the only one "fired" (relieved of duty) is the Marine officer who criticized the military leadership and asked for accountability for the chaotic exit.

The only reason it seems plausible is because of the things you already mentioned, plus the fact that Biden gave the Taliban a $90 billion arsenal. It’s all so crazy, I couldn’t have made it up, even with Biden in charge. 

3 1/2 more years.....

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The only reason it seems plausible is because of the things you already mentioned, plus the fact that Biden gave the Taliban a $90 billion arsenal. It’s all so crazy, I couldn’t have made it up, even with Biden in charge. 

3 1/2 more years.....

Biden in charge?

Some of her posts (images from this blog) --

shana-campbell-3-v2.jpg

shana-campbell-1-768x1009.jpg

shana-campbell-2.jpg

Here's the article on Breitbart about Kareem Nikoui. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/27/kareem-nikoui-killed-in-afghanistan/

ZvToMIM.png

EDIT:

Her account has been restored (per Breitbart report)

Update: after Breitbart News reached out for comment, Instagram restored Chappell’s account. A company spokeswoman said her post did not violate any policies and was not removed, but that her account was removed in error.

“We express our deepest condolences to Ms. Chappell and her family,” said the Instagram spokeswoman. “Her tribute to her heroic son does not violate any of our policies. While the post was not removed, her account was incorrectly deleted and we have since restored it.”

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyone who votes for Democrats should hang their head in shame. But they won’t. 

if true thats bad but lets hear from others first to confirm it. this is just one person.