The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

7 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Then flies away and comes home with his tail between is legs blaming his kids and left his poodle home alone in the cold on top of it. What a disgusting sad pathetic coward excuse of a wasted human.

Just to be fair, and so the Republican mouthpieces can't claim that fact checking tends to unfairly target them, this Ted Cruz Tweet isn't real.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ted-cruz-texas-freezes-over/?utm_source=agorapulse&utm_campaign=1p

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonathan said:

A front door open and media with a zoom lens. Have you not seen the picture all over the internet?

To quote a poll put online by a well known radio talk show host in my area: 

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c610f25501d5b7ea9b7e1cc67357b3b5.jpg

Corporate Liberalism. Big companies love this shit because it makes them appear woke. Easy to bash working class whites, keep people divided while flying your and rainbow flags while sucking up more profit. They dont give a shit about improving worker wages or conditions. I hate corporate democrats.

21 hours ago, season1 said:

I guess Coca Cola thinks being white is bad; it "trains" its employees to be "less white." I wonder if they would now stop selling Vanilla Coke?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sneaky said:

Corporate Liberalism. Big companies love this shit because it makes them appear woke. Easy to bash working class whites, keep people divided while flying your and rainbow flags while sucking up more profit. They dont give a shit about improving worker wages or conditions. I hate corporate democrats.

I don't think it's just corporate democrats. I think the democrat vs republican dichotomy is another way to divide Americans and does not quite explain the true division in the country.

But wait, I shouldn't be thinking like this. According to my overlords at the New York Times, critical thinking is bad for me.

Critical thinking, as we’re taught to do it, isn’t helping in the fight against misinformation.

I guess I should only read and believe whatever the mainstream media is "reporting" lest I could be misinformed and possibly question some of the stuff going on.

Edited by season1

5 hours ago, Drew said:

What exactly do you believe is going to happen, dare I ask? 

At bare minimum charged and convicted with a tax felony. That alone would bar him running again.  Jail time I don't see. Maybe home incrassation.

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Not a word about Cuomo in here, eh?

he needs to be held resonible for the nursing home scandal and if sexual assualt chargers are proven that too. aplogzies for the nursing home scandal is not enough. if Dems are even demanding answers than you know its has merit. he should step down if more things are proven or come out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

he needs to be held resonible for the nursing home scandal and if sexual assualt chargers are proven that too. aplogzies for the nursing home scandal is not enough. if Dems are even demanding answers than you know its has merit. he should step down if more things are proven or come out. 

I think there’s already enough. 

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I think there’s already enough. 

yeah lets hope something is done actually though, both sides need to be held accoutble for their actions. doesnt matter if you are left or right no one is above the law. but again hes a politiican so nothing will probably happen. 

13 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ve heard him referred to as the “Love Gov” and the “Sex Pest.” I prefer the latter. 

18 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I would like to live in world where this happened. :dead:

Does this mean I should give up hope of having a studio version of "In This Moment" over a decade later?

On 3/3/2021 at 7:45 PM, TeamAudra said:

I'm not someone who needs to protect my side of the aisle from their bs. (Which is why AOC, Gillibrand, Schumer and others released statements saying he should step down). 

Just like Franken, dude's gotta go. Period. 5+ accusers means you did it. (I'll listen to evidence when it's one..you hit 5+..bye.) 

Feels good to have a competent government again, though. Biden's rescue plan is right up there with Obamacare and SCHIP in how much it's going to help people. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 2

I love how some were touting Cuomo to replace Biden back during the 2020 race, who isn't up to this task, don't get me wrong; but in hindsight -- wow! It's very satisfying to see someone that's just a complete jerk and bully all-around finally get his. You had these orders he's taken just criticism for imposed by others Governors like Whitmer Newsom, and Murphy though. He's not the only one.