The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can see the Trump supporters are as delusional as Trump here. Posting a bunch of fake conspiracy theories is pretty pathetic, but Trump knew he could manipulate his voters into this charade.  

I find it hilarious how Trumpsters (and Republicans in general) are just so used to cheating and bullying their way through life, that they simply can't fathom that 75 million Americans voted against

Me waiting for this groundbreaking evidence that has been posted about in this thread for well over a month that's going to win a court case and change everything.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Disgusting. Something needs to be done with all these righty nut jobs in this country. Maybe bring Islamic law in just to use on criminal cases involving them?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7568670/manatee-donald-trump-florida/

I do hope whenever the individual who murdered the police officer at the Capitol is apprehended that they are swiftly met with the death penalty. Terrorists don't walk free in the USA, correct?

• Haha 1

Unsurprising that so many are against consequences.

The president of the United States incited white supremacists to attempt a coup on the capitol. This attempted coup was well organized and intended to capture specific people. He then delayed the National guard to help. 

That isn’t dramatic - those are facts. In fact, that’s the sparknotes version.

And conservatives are talking about Twitter.

facebook/Twitter etc are private companies. Rand Paul and Donald Trump violated their rules. They have every right to ban them. People get banned for far less. 

Beyond that..Trump, Rudy, and Trump Jr.’s speech could all be held criminally responsible for their speeches inciting the crowd.

Every individual participating could be charged with felony murder. I hope that’s the route we go. 

48 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

The president of the United States incited white supremacists to attempt a coup on the capitol. This attempted coup was well organized and intended to capture specific people. He then delayed the National guard to help. 

facebook/Twitter etc are private companies. Rand Paul and Donald Trump violated their rules. They have every right to ban them. People get banned for far less. 

Beyond that..Trump, Rudy, and Trump Jr.’s speech could all be held criminally responsible for their speeches inciting the crowd.

Every individual participating could be charged with felony murder. I hope that’s the route we go. 

Wow....you clearly didn’t even read the previous posts thoroughly. Rand Paul didn’t get banned from Twitter. His father got banned from Facebook. This is the problem I frequently have with your postings. They’re either devoid of facts, or loaded with talking points. In this case, it’s a little of both. 

Edited by TeamAudra
9 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

First I voted Biden I dont feel like many others Trump is fit to be in office. , and I do think Trump and all those involved should be accountable. but when you start shutting down servers and banning people for life where does it end. look even Merkel who also hates Trump is saying its going to far. even the aclu is saying its wrong. 

Maybe I'm ignorant but can we properly say Trump incited the riots? From what I've seen he said conservatives need to "fight to keep their country" He didnt literally say to go raid capitol hill and kill Pence and Pelosi

Now do I think Trump feels bad that it happened? Nah he's a clinical narc and this brings him glory. Narcs especially crave negative attention. But I dont think you can solely blame this on him. Its just that a lot of his supporters are unintelligent and in a cult and unintelligent cult members do crazy things.

Edited by sneaky
1 hour ago, bswanson said:

First I voted Biden I dont feel like many others Trump is fit to be in office. , and I do think Trump and all those involved should be accountable. but when you start shutting down servers and banning people for life where does it end. look even Merkel who also hates Trump is saying its going to far. even the aclu is saying its wrong. 

Yes...to me, it has less to do with Trump, and more to do with silencing political speech of those the leaders of Big Tech disagree with. It’s obvious, when Facebook starts banning people like Ron Paul (who I don’t even like, btw), and various companies collude to completely remove an entire platform from the internet. I don’t give a f*ck about Trump. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes...to me, it has less to do with Trump, and more to do with silencing political speech of those the leaders of Big Tech disagree with. It’s obvious, when Facebook starts banning people like Ron Paul (who I don’t even like, btw), and various companies collude to completely remove an entire platform from the internet. I don’t give a f*ck about Trump. 

Exactly. Donald Trump is going to be fine regardless. Yes, it’s obnoxious that he gets suspended, but the Chinese Communist Party can use Twitter to continue to spread propaganda, Khomeini in Iran still has an account. It’s reasonable to expect equal treatment at a bare minimum. 

• Like 1

Personally, I welcome conservatives if they want to join us in the view that these social media platforms have become all-powerful monopolies that exercise way too much power, to the point where they effectively become public goods in their utility. I do kind of question the sincerity and timing... it's also way too late in the game to game to change the course of these platforms and the influence they're going to have over all of us.

16 hours ago, sneaky said:

Maybe I'm ignorant but can we properly say Trump incited the riots? From what I've seen he said conservatives need to "fight to keep their country" He didnt literally say to go raid capitol hill and kill Pence and Pelosi

Now do I think Trump feels bad that it happened? Nah he's a clinical narc and this brings him glory. Narcs especially crave negative attention. But I dont think you can solely blame this on him. Its just that a lot of his supporters are unintelligent and in a cult and unintelligent cult members do crazy things.

With regards to the call to arms stuff, the Republican party, NRA, and right-wing grift complex had been riling up these people long before Trump came along. Trump is the main agent in what happened last week though. It's not that he told them to go trash the capitol and attack people, but the collection of lies he's been spoon-feeding them from Day 1, and more specifically since he lost the election.

I do think Trump, Rudy, and other leaders should shoulder more blame than the supporters who did the rioting. When I see that people died and others will lose their freedom because of how badly they were deceived by their president, I sincerely find that very sad.

19 minutes ago, RWG said:

It's not that he told them to go trash the capitol and attack people, but the collection of lies he's been spoon-feeding them from Day 1, and more specifically since he lost the election.

Why don't you just blame his golden wavy locks too. 

53 minutes ago, RWG said:

Personally, I welcome conservatives if they want to join us in the view that these social media platforms have become all-powerful monopolies that exercise way too much power, to the point where they effectively become public goods in their utility. I do kind of question the sincerity and timing... it's also way too late in the game to game to change the course of these platforms and the influence they're going to have over all of us.

Pretty reasonable take from someone on the left. I appreciate when someone is able to ignore the noise, and focus on the real issue. 👍

There’s nothing stopping them from censoring people on the left, if they aren’t part of the establishment, or don’t toe the line. 

• Like 1

Regarding all of this social media, the best take from me comes from Alexey Navalny - if you click on the tweet, you will see 11 tweets or so on the situation. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Pretty reasonable take from someone on the left. I appreciate when someone is able to ignore the noise, and focus on the real issue. 👍

There’s nothing stopping them from censoring people on the left, if they aren’t part of the establishment, or don’t toe the line. 

I’ll also add that all of these big tech companies are likely influenced by politicians and big money, which opens the door to the above. It’s very problematic!

yeah censorship is wrong wheather you like Trump or not. if you supprot this would you also support these same comapnies taking down a app that caters to the other side. 

Edited by bswanson
  • Like 1
Just now, bswanson said:

yeah censorship is wrong wheather you like Trump or not. if you supprot this would you also support these same comapnies taking down a app that caters to the other side. 

• Like 1

Since I see we've decided to take this whole what you can/can't post to third party websites as a true distraction to the insanity which has been happening in the USA the past few weeks, allow me to try and divert attention back to the real important matters here.

Trump has been impeached again.