The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Just like how we are not really interested in the sources and lies that you keep posting. 

And THAT, is why you are going to get the shock of your lives. I won't come & tell you "I told you so".

I am just going to come and post a million smiles;  🙃

Just watch.

1 minute ago, JC said:

I feel that some Republicans do not understand that Democrats have nothing against being a Republican and do not judge them for that at all. I get along with Republicans just fine, I actually agree economically with them more than the Dems.

However, supporting Trump is the thing that we just cannot condone or overlook. If you support him after all his antics and blatant disregard for humanity, you must be a horrendous person.

Oh Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez  I can't roll my eyes enough, at that one. Just because you choose, to believe, the lying corrupt media

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, psterina said:

And THAT, is why you are going to get the shock of your lives. I won't come & tell you "I told you so".

I am just going to come and post a million smiles;  🙃

Just watch.

I am pretty sure you were my boss from June to October since you both share nonsense views fuelled by conspiracy theories website. 

7 minutes ago, psterina said:

Telling me, doesn't do anything. I need to see something. I LITERALLY, have not observed anything "conservative". I mean, in all these weeks .... besides saying it. Where has it been demonstrated? I'm not a mind reader

I don't really know what else you want him to do other than tell you, that really takes all the mind reading out of it. Do you need him to go riot outside the Capitol building? Does he need to go tell a gay person that they don't deserve to live? Is that what you're looking for?

When a man who's conservative tells you he is and you don't believe it, I think that says more about the other things you "believe" more than anything else.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

People seem to always have a tenuous grasp on this idea of freedom of speech. You can personally say whatever the hell you want, but you aren't entitled to use someone elses platform to do it.

also, you aren't free from consequences from non governmental places. Such as a temporary ban. 

On another note, I sided with Mitch, Dick Cheney, and Graham this week. Because of Trump. Wow. 

Edited by mercfan3

4 minutes ago, psterina said:

Oh Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez  I can't roll my eyes enough, at that one. Just because you choose, to believe, the lying corrupt media

I didn't know blind people could roll their eyes :unsure:

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

That’s because your views are so far right that it makes me look like a far left individual! 

LOLOLLOL Name one thing, that I stand for. Go ahead, since you know me so well  :P   Go ahead. I'll be waiting

FYI ... I am left of center. Trump, was a democrat most of his life, until the corrupt forces, got ahold of the party (Big Pharma, Military Industrial Complex etc ...). And so ... he left it. 

1 minute ago, psterina said:

LOLOLLOL Name one thing, that I stand for. Go ahead, since you know me so well  :P   Go ahead. I'll be waiting

FYI ... I am left of center. Trump, was a democrat most of his life, until the corrupt forces, got ahold of the party (Big Pharma, Military Industrial Complex etc ...). And so ... he left it. 

You believe the election was rigged. That’s all you keep talking about.

I would assume you are anti-war considering you were pro-Tulsi.

You are also anti-mainstream media. And you love to take information from websites that fuel conspiracy theories and crazy rhetoric. 

This is what I Gather from you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sneaky said:

These riots have nothing to do with quality of life suffering for Americans or systemic American problems though These are little b--- fits because someone idolized a human being too much and cant let go. Middle school behavior. No empathy from me.

agree. I mean it doesnt matter how upset someone is over the election there is no excuse for today. if somone is unhappy wait till the next election and vote. thats what we do in this Country not storm the capitail. 

2 minutes ago, psterina said:

You are an isolationist. You consider that to be a far left value, but it's actually a value on both of the crazy sides of the aisle. 

You are a covid conspiracy person. Again - you consider that a left value (anti-vaxxer, most likely..although mostly just drawn to conspiracies), but this is a value on both of the crazy sides..

You mistrust the media, and thus look for other sources..again..both a crazy right and crazy left value.

You embody what I mean by saying that politics aren't a line or spectrum, they're a circle in this country. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I don't really know what else you want him to do other than tell you, that really takes all the mind reading out of it. Do you need him to go riot outside the Capitol building? Does he need to go tell a gay person that they don't deserve to live? Is that what you're looking for?

When a man who's conservative tells you he is and you don't believe it, I think that says more about the other things you "believe" more than anything else.

There has LITERALLY been NOTHING in his past conversation, to indicate it, like EVER, that I have seen. (views, stand on issues etc). It's simple, really. 

13 minutes ago, psterina said:

There has LITERALLY been NOTHING in his past conversation, to indicate it, like EVER, that I have seen. (views, stand on issues etc). It's simple, really. 

That’s because we don’t discuss in issues that I far to the left on such as the economy (although I do not know about the US economy to comment on it), foreign relations, trade... you know there’s more to being a conservative than social values because my social values are pragmatic and reflect 2020 & my life as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community.

And you know you can be progressive and still be conservative. I identifies as a progressive conservative and not as a republicans because I don’t believe republican represents conservatism. 

and once again, the definition of conservatism in Canadian  is obviously different than your definition of conservatism.

do you really think I would donate my hard earned money to different Conservative party  or candidate in Canada if I wasn’t one? Or working on national and provincial campaigns? 

Obviously, there’s no winning with you so not sure why I am wasting my time trying to explain to you where I fall on the spectrum. 

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mercfan3 said:

You are an isolationist. You consider that to be a far left value, but it's actually a value on both of the crazy sides of the aisle. 

You are a covid conspiracy person. Again - you consider that a left value (anti-vaxxer, most likely..although mostly just drawn to conspiracies), but this is a value on both of the crazy sides..

You mistrust the media, and thus look for other sources..again..both a crazy right and crazy left value.

You embody what I mean by saying that politics aren't a line or spectrum, they're a circle in this country. 

Mis-Trust the media .... that, is an understatement!!!!!  You know what is crazy?  Believing "news" channels, that are owned by 6 corporations, and have higher ups, from the pharmaceutical industries, sitting on their boards Yes , most of them. How do you think, they (news stations) get their money? They have to put out, what they are told to put out. Tow, the line. They are compromised. There is no real journalism, because of it. They CAN"T REPORT THE TRUTH. And if it's not on the TV, people don't believe it. Mass hypnosis. I haven't watched TV, for over 10 years.

I go to independent journalists, or.... to the source itself ( the actual words of lawyers, viral experts, the president, journalists, not bought by corporations ), whether they are on paper, YouTube, Twitter, individual sites. To you, that means "crazy", because it doesn't fit the MSM narrative. I look at each issue, individually, as to how beneficial, or destructive, it is, for this country. I am an independent thinker.  :peace:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

That’s because we don’t discuss in issues that I far to the left on such as the economy (although I do not know about the US economy to comment on it), foreign relations, trade... you know there’s more to being a conservative than social values because my social values are pragmatic and reflect 2020 & my life as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community.

And you know you can be progressive and still be conservative. I identifies as a progressive conservative and not as a republicans because I don’t believe republican represents conservatism. 

and once again, the definition of conservatism in Canadian  is obviously different than your definition of conservatism.

do you really think I would donate my hard earned money to different Conservative party  or candidate in Canada if I wasn’t one? Or working on national and provincial campaigns? 

Obviously, there’s no winning with you so not sure why I am wasting my time trying to explain to you where I fall on the spectrum. 

As if I were supposed to know, any of that?  Anyway .... yay, we actually have more in common, than we knew.

8 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Still killing me that you say you're conservative, and then not two hours later they call you a leftist, and their only response to it when called out on it was "I must not have been interested enough". 

That's friggin' peak LOL.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Still killing me that you say you're conservative, and then not two hours later they call you a leftist, and their only response to it when called out on it was "I must not have been interested enough". 

That's friggin' peak LOL.

Well, come on, now .... on  a day, like today, with everything going on? THAT, was supposed to grab my attention? 

1 minute ago, psterina said:

Well, come on, now .... on  a day, like today, with everything going on? THAT, was supposed to grab my attention? 

Well it was directed at you, AND you replied to his post, so I sort of assumed that you actually read and understood it. I guess that was a poor assumption on my part, my bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here we go ... news, coming out ...

"A retired military officer told The Washington Times that the firm XRVision used its software to do facial recognition of protesters and matched two Philadelphia antifa members to two men inside the Senate."

Full Article:

//amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jan/6/xrvision-firm-claims-antifa-infiltrated-protesters/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m in favor of this, but I doubt it will happen. 

It's concerning that this man still has access to the nuke codes. Seriously, the second Dick Cheney did something good, I got nervous. 

I doubt it'll happen as well - but at this point, it seems like there was a major split between the old GOP guard and Trump today and why wouldn't Pence agree to it? So I think there's a better chance now than ever.

The question is - would this incite people more or would it calm things down? I'm concerned about Biden and Harris' safety inauguration day.