The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

52 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Twitter deleted the posts because of the misinformation about the election in them. That video is another “stand by” moment as well. 

Twitter censors, what they don't agree with. Like I said .... Fascists. Either we have free speech .... or, we don't

1 minute ago, psterina said:

Twitter censors, what they don't agree with. Like I said .... Fascists. Either we have free speech .... or, we don't

Just go join your friends on parler if you have such an issue with twitter. 

Just now, *Chris said:

Just go join your friends on parler if you have such an issue with twitter. 

I will look for info, wherever I please .... thank you. See? Those on the left try and control, your very breath

It didn't take but 1 minute, for that, to be proven. Thanks

15 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

> Those on the left
> Chris is a Conservative

LMAO.

They gonna be shook when they realize theres a good amount of the “left” politicians would fall onto the right in Canada :giggle: 

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

someone died today, there were two explosives. It’s literally an attempted coup. What do Trump and his supporters have to do to get you concerned? (That isn’t sarcasm - that’s an actual question)

Also - I would argue that if the police responded to BLM protests the way they responded here, the riots and looting likely wouldn’t have happened.

To me, there's so much nuance in what's going on right now. Some people are upset about the results of an election, some recognize their lives aren't getting any better, that perhaps their children's lives won't be better than theirs and they view many of the folks in D.C. as just wanting to cling to power by any means necessary. I'm not saying what happened today isn't wrong and illegal, it's both those things. But you have a people that have become more tribal, refuse to talk to one another about differences. It doesn't invalidate my own belief system to hear something to the contrary, I bet you're the same way. But it's important that we do engage in a dialogue with one another.

I’m sorry about any violence that occurred but it’s not a day which shall live in infamy, like McConnell said later this evening. It’s a little dramatic and shows the disconnect they have with the American people. 

2 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

> Those on the left
> Chris is a Conservative

LMAO.

I haven't noticed a sliver of conservatism, in Chris. I mean, like .... in what way & how?   :mellow:

Not that I'm conservative, because .... I'm not

3 minutes ago, psterina said:

Twitter's a private company and they can (and will) restrict what they want. That's their right and that's it. If users don't adhere to the guidelines, they can restrict whatever they want. A private company enforcing its own rules isn't fascism lol. Granted, they've done a piss-poor job at monitoring most of Twitter (specifically vitriol geared toward Democrats or left-leaning candidates).

Twitter owes no one anything and if you have a problem with the way Twitter runs, you're more than welcome to try any other platform until you inevitably get banned there as well. Please develop a basic understanding of freedom of speech.

I haven't noticed a sliver of conservatism, in Chris. I mean, like .... in what way & how?   :mellow:

Not that I'm conservative, because .... I'm not

The biggest giveaway would have been when he told you he was a conservative just a few hours ago in this thread. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

To me, there's so much nuance in what's going on right now. Some people are upset about the results of an election, some recognize their lives aren't getting any better, that perhaps their children's lives won't be better than theirs and they view many of the folks in D.C. as just wanting to cling to power by any means necessary. I'm not saying what happened today isn't wrong and illegal, it's both those things. But you have a people that have become more tribal, refuse to talk to one another about differences. It doesn't invalidate my own belief system to hear something to the contrary, I bet you're the same way. But it's important that we do engage in a dialogue with one another.

I’m sorry about any violence that occurred but it’s not a day which shall live in infamy, like McConnell said later this evening. It’s a little dramatic and shows the disconnect they have with the American people. 

These riots have nothing to do with quality of life suffering for Americans or systemic American problems though These are little b--- fits because someone idolized a human being too much and cant let go. Middle school behavior. No empathy from me.

7 minutes ago, *Chris said:

She’s gonna be shook when she realizes theres a good amount of the “left” politicians would fall onto the right in Canada :giggle: 

I guess being a progressive conservative is not a thing in their mind. And I’d most likely identify as a centrist or moderate in the US, but that’s probably not conservative enough.

and maybe they haven’t noticed because I don’t believe Trump and his followers represents my definition of conservatism.

But I also guess they expects every conservatives to agree with their opinion and conspiracy theories that they’ve been promoting since the election and pre-election. 

1 minute ago, ButterflyEffect said:

The biggest giveaway would have been when he told you he was a conservative just a few hours ago in this thread. 

Told you that they can’t read if it’s not from a questionable source... let me go post it on a questionable twitter account or a questionable website. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Twitter's a private company and they can (and will) restrict what they want. That's their right and that's it. If users don't adhere to the guidelines, they can restrict whatever they want. A private company enforcing its own rules isn't fascism lol. Granted, they've done a piss-poor job at monitoring most of Twitter (specifically vitriol geared toward Democrats or left-leaning candidates).

Twitter owes no one anything and if you have a problem with the way Twitter runs, you're more than welcome to try any other platform until you inevitably get banned there as well. Please develop a basic understanding of freedom of speech.

You are going to see the law changed on that. An Executive Order  🙃

And like I stated, I myself, do not have a  facebook, twitter, or instagram account. And .... I will find info, wherever I please, thank you

8 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

People seem to always have a tenuous grasp on this idea of freedom of speech. You can personally say whatever the hell you want, but you aren't entitled to use someone elses platform to do it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Telling me, doesn't do anything. I need to see something. I LITERALLY, have not observed anything "conservative". I mean, in all these weeks .... besides saying it. Where has it been demonstrated? I'm not a mind reader

Telling me, doesn't do anything. I need to see something. I LITERALLY, have not observed anything "conservative". I mean, in all these weeks .... besides saying it. Where has it been demonstrated? I'm not a mind reader

That’s because your views are so far right that it makes me look like a far left individual! 

I feel that some Republicans do not understand that Democrats have nothing against being a Republican and do not judge them for that at all. I get along with Republicans just fine, I actually agree economically with them more than the Dems.

However, supporting Trump is the thing that we just cannot condone or overlook. If you support him after all his antics and blatant disregard for humanity, you must be a horrendous person.

• Like 1