The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

Drew

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

I think you’re talking about yourself there.

From my experience, ButterflyEffect and myself had many disagreement and I never felt that he thought of me as crazy. In fact, he’s always been respectful and opened to hearing my POV & vice versa. 

Well ....    la di da  

2 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I would argue that its her fault for trespassing much like its a home invaders own fault if they get blasted with a gun once they break down your door. But I give them a pass since they were lied to by Trump and they weren't smart enough to realize it.

yep. he made this happen by not accepting the loss and telling his followers there was fraud 

• Like 1

Just now, bswanson said:

yep. he made this happen by not accepting the loss and telling his followers there was fraud 

Good Lord. Such NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Biden, did not get more votes. I believe that. You .... believe whatever, you want.

Each person is responsible for ... themselves. Period.

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I think you’re talking about yourself there.

From my experience, ButterflyEffect and myself had many disagreement and I never felt that he thought of me as crazy. In fact, he’s always been respectful and opened to hearing my POV & vice versa. 

I have no issue with a difference of political opinion. There are several Conservatives on these boards which are well-articulated in their opinions, and I absolutely respect that. There tends to be more things which bring people together (eg. common interests) than what should push people apart (political ideals). If you're not racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. then I can respect whatever your affiliation may be. I myself lean a little more right than other people my age, though it may be lost on Americans since leaning right in the USA isn't really a thing since the Republican party is so far to the right of the political spectrum.

However, I have absolutely no patience for blatant misinformation. That sort of thing is dangerous, as is evident today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I have no issue with a difference of political opinion. There are several Conservatives on these boards which are well-articulated in their opinions, and I absolutely respect that. There tends to be more things which bring people together (eg. common interests) than what should push people apart (political ideals). If you're not racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. then I can respect whatever your affiliation may be. I myself lean a little more right than other people my age, though it may be lost on Americans since leaning right in the USA isn't really a thing since the Republican party is so far to the right of the political spectrum.

However, I have absolutely no patience for blatant misinformation. That sort of thing is dangerous, as is evident today.

But "blatant information" = anything not reported by the lying, corporate/pharmaceutical, war mongering "news". So  ......

5 minutes ago, psterina said:

Good Lord. Such NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Biden, did not get more votes. I believe that. You .... believe whatever, you want.

Each person is responsible for ... themselves. Period.

1 minute ago, psterina said:

But "blatant information" = anything not reported by the lying, corporate/pharmaceutical, war mongering "news". So  ......

In a way I'm a bit jealous and envious of you. We're all here, clearly upset and angry about what has happened between election day and now. You on the other hand, seem blissfully happy in your made up alternate reality where Trump never lost. I wish I were happy right now.

1 minute ago, ButterflyEffect said:

In a way I'm a bit jealous and envious of you. We're all here, clearly upset and angry about what has happened between election day and now. You on the other hand, seem blissfully happy in your made up alternate reality where Trump never lost. I wish I were happy right now.

Ahhhh ....   projection. It's a wondrous thing

Oh my freaking god. You have to be either a complete idiot or a racist to try and equate the Black Lives Matter protests which largely were peaceful and escalated by police force to what happened today. There were protests and riots because police kill black people without consequences. The same police that have no fear or hesitation in using tear gas, rubber bullets, mace, parading tanks down residential streets etc for the last 6 years and years and years before that had no problem letting a group of white supremacist Trump following terrorists storm the Capitol.

These people rioting today were following the orders from a president who refuses to concede power. Who wants to peddle conspiracy theories about an election that his supporters in the Congress have entertained for too long. These are people who went to tear down the Capitol and intimidate Congresspeople certifying the election results because they don't believe that black people and other people of color should be allowed to influence presidential results.  This is on Donald Trump. Who said in Charlottesville that there were "good people on both sides" who today still told the terrorists storming the Capitol that he still loved them. He is who he said he was since the beginning. 

Anybody who is surprised that it has come to this hasn't been paying attention. Because it had already come to this in August 2017 and in Michigan in October. This is Facebook which has allowed misinformation and disinformation to spread uncontrolled on its platform because it gets clicks and views. This is Twitter which has refused to deplatform Trump. But mostly this is Donald Trump and his white supremacist supporters whose racism is endemic to their beliefs and their actions. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Absolutely agree with everything! 

9 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Oh my freaking god. You have to be either a complete idiot or a racist to try and equate the Black Lives Matter protests which largely were peaceful and escalated by police force to what happened today. There were protests and riots because police kill black people without consequences. The same police that have no fear or hesitation in using tear gas, rubber bullets, mace, parading tanks down residential streets etc for the last 6 years and years and years before that had no problem letting a group of white supremacist Trump following terrorists storm the Capitol.

These people rioting today were following the orders from a president who refuses to concede power. Who wants to peddle conspiracy theories about an election that his supporters in the Congress have entertained for too long. These are people who went to tear down the Capitol and intimidate Congresspeople certifying the election results because they don't believe that black people and other people of color should be allowed to influence presidential results.  This is on Donald Trump. Who said in Charlottesville that there were "good people on both sides" who today still told the terrorists storming the Capitol that he still loved them. He is who he said he was since the beginning. 

Anybody who is surprised that it has come to this hasn't been paying attention. Because it had already come to this in August 2017 and in Michigan in October. This is Facebook which has allowed misinformation and disinformation to spread uncontrolled on its platform because it gets clicks and views. This is Twitter which has refused to deplatform Trump. But mostly this is Donald Trump and his white supremacist supporters whose racism is endemic to their beliefs and their actions. 

You were saying?   :mellow:  And, this is the tip of the iceberg

Downtown Portland businesses targeted by self-described Antifa group in Wednesday night riot - YouTube

Portland protests: Violence escalates as protesters continue to face off with federal police - YouTube

Police and Protesters Clash in Springfield, Oregon - YouTube

Black Lives Matter: Federal agents confront protesters in Portland - YouTube

Protesters clash in Portland, 1 person shot dead - YouTube

Portland protests: Fence pulled down at federal courthouse, police declare riot - YouTube

2 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Well I don't think we have any burning cars yet, but the night is young.

yeah thats about the only thing they didnt do, they screamed. rioted destroyed windows. 

ICYMI, Trump posted this video on Twitter urging his supporters to go home and a tweet telling them to go home in peace  but Twitter deleted both tweets.

20210106-DJT-tweet-deleted-cropped.jpg

200210106-DJT-tweets.png

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, season1 said:

ICYMI, Trump posted this video on Twitter urging his supporters to go home and a tweet telling them to go home in peace  but Twitter deleted both tweets.

20210106-DJT-tweet-deleted-cropped.jpg

200210106-DJT-tweets.png

Of course, they deleted his tweets. They're FASCIST

37 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Preach! 

And for those that are visual:

• Like 2