The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

bones

2 hours ago, sneaky said:

I guess I will never understand people's reasons.  I get Bernie being too big a change for people.  But Biden? Every major vote he has been on the wrong side of. From African american rights, to the Iraq war, to trade agreements.  Are people just not aware? I guess maybe in the general I would vote for him because he believes in Science and he's not a complete scam artist like Trump? Though maybe not because he says he doesn't care about me so I don't care about him...

Speaks to the absolute disaster the democratic party is right now imo.  There simply is no good choice.  At no time in history has there been an easier path to the White House for them then there is this election...if they could only put up a decent candidate, but they can't.

I say this with no affiliation to any party.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 6:36 PM, mercfan3 said:

Tulsi votes “present”

Tulsi voted correctly. And, I totally agreed with her.  As much as I hate Trump (I've never hid that), she stated why she did so, and it included, the foresight to KNOW, that the Republican led Senate, would never vote for impeachment. AND, that it would incite his base (which it has) The only thing the media focused on, was THAT, amidst so much going on, that got ignored. Tulsi has shown herself to have judgement, and great foresight.  One of the things the media NEVER covered during that time,  was  THIS …   which vindicated Assad, after being accused of gassing his people, and also vindicates  Tulsi, and all that smearing that mindless drones, continued to spread .  But, did any of you hear about this? Of course not !! Because all the media brought us, what the impeachment, for weeks and weeks.  The mass media is bought, and corrupt. Stop buying, into its lies. 

• Like 1

Last night was incredibly disappointing for me. I know many here don't like Bernie for one reason or another (no judgement from me, I understand people are different) but Bernie is the first politician outside of Obama in 2008 where I actually felt they gave a shit about me, my family, and my struggles. I have nothing against the other candidates (except Bloomberg, he can freak off) I just disagree with most of them on many issues. Hell, I'm probably to Bernie's left on a lot of issues but he's been the only candidate I ever agreed with on a majority of issues that ever had a real shot.

I know it's not fully over, but lets be real, with Bloomberg dropping out today and endorsing Biden, Bernie winning would require a hail mary and it's not looking good at all.

Regardless, I hope whoever gets the nomination (whether it be Bernie, Biden, Warren, a drawing of a banana, whatever else) is able to defeat Trump in November to at least stop the bleeding. 

Edited by Smoochy

10 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Speaks to the absolute disaster the democratic party is right now imo.  There simply is no good choice.  At no time in history has there been an easier path to the White House for them then there is this election...if they could only put up a decent candidate, but they can't.

I say this with no affiliation to any party.

It is. Ever since Reagan this party has been Republican-lite. So much so that Obama even admitted himself his ideology was similar to Reagan.

I am very concerned about Biden's mental faculties, just as I have been with Trump's. I think that the more people see of Biden the less support he will have. Trump is immune to that criticism at this point, but I don't think Biden will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drew said:

You were on top of it, Chris! She's doing the right thing.  

She is. Will be interesting what she does - she could be an interesting pick for Biden in his administration or even VP. 

22 minutes ago, *Chris said:

She is. Will be interesting what she does - she could be an interesting pick for Biden in his administration or even VP. 

For sure! She's my senior senator and I can tell you from being on the ground talking to voters for the last two months, being able to beat Trump is the MOST important issue for folks. With her, it was a timing thing and Bernie had already consolidated the progressive base. 

55 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I'm rooting for Bernie now since his policies are the closest to mine, but his fanbase has continued to be sh*t and he really needs to call out their toxic behaviours if he expects to get support from the fanbases of the other candidates.

• Haha 1

Senator Warren is speaking from her home in Cambridge, MA any moment after suspending her campaign. Will she endorse or won't she? My guess is she will wait. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Senator Warren is speaking from her home in Cambridge, MA any moment after suspending her campaign. Will she endorse or won't she? My guess is she will wait. 

I don't believe she will. I'd imagine she'll wait until the convention and get behind whoever has the lead at that point.

14 minutes ago, Smoochy said:

I don't believe she will. I'd imagine she'll wait until the convention and get behind whoever has the lead at that point.

Yep. NYTimes is saying she won't be publicly endorsing anyone until the nomination is secured because she doesn't want to fuel the divisiveness anymore.