The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

4 hours ago, Drew said:

Bill Maher had a fantastic segment about this to end the show last week. Even progressive fr a iends of mine that I talk to can't stand the "woke" movement and virtue signaling that goes on. My feeling about Joe Biden is one of indifference. Throughout his political career he's been a moderate largely, but obviously there's the concern among some that the progressive wing will keep him in check. I don't see that happening. At least I hope not. I largely do believe he'll be a single term and done and will hopefully bring in some folks from across the aisle. I base that on nothing, just my lofty hopes and dreams. We shall see. 

While Democrats infight over how toxic leftist economic gestures make them to rural voters, imo, it is actually The Wokes who make them repellent to so many.

I can't remember who said it, but a statement I generally agree with is, "Identity politics are necessary but not sufficient."

Biden imo is a conservative Democrat. In most industrialized nations, he'd be in the right-of-centre party. He's probably to the right of my country's last Conservative Prime Minister, given his views on health insurance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, *Chris said:

I've seen part of it & I can't take it seriously. 

Hugo Chavez who died in 2013 is apparently responsible for it. 

Do they realize with their arguments, they're also putting all the states the GOP won in question since they all used the same voting machine? Probably not.  

The software, was created back then. Anyway, anyone, can research, and look it up. Who knows, if it was used in our previous elections. But .... there are certain things, that tipped them off, regarding the software. you might want to re-think listening to this, as it is nowhere, from being over., and there is a lot of election fraud evidence. A lot.  You will see. The court trials, haven't even begun. 

54 minutes ago, RWG said:

While Democrats infight over how toxic leftist economic gestures make them to rural voters, imo, it is actually The Wokes who make them repellent to so many.

I can't remember who said it, but a statement I generally agree with is, "Identity politics are necessary but not sufficient."

Biden imo is a conservative Democrat. In most industrialized nations, he'd be in the right-of-centre party. He's probably to the right of my country's last Conservative Prime Minister, given his views on health insurance.

And he's a war monger. That's why the neo-con wing of the Republicans, go to bat for him. Military Industrial Complex, Big Pharma .... Joe's their guy

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Finally a Republican with integrity speaks up

If Romney heard all the evidence presented today, and is saying this, then  O.o  By "overturning" the election, he means counting all the real ballots. Strange, why that is so scary for them?  Hmmmm....  I am really excited, to see this all unfold. :))

1 minute ago, psterina said:

If Romney heard all the evidence presented today, and is saying this, then  O.o  By "overturning" the election, he means counting all the real ballots. Strange, why that is so scary for them?  Hmmmm....  I am really excited, to see this all unfold. :))

I bet you are excited to see if Santa slides down your chimney and you can finally get a peak at him next month too.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, psterina said:

The evidence, will be presented in the courts. They cannot disclose EVERYTHING, right now. They stated so, during the press conference. 

8 hours ago, psterina said:

So which is it?

Lol stop replying to them! They are grasping at straws because their cult leader has assured them that they were going to win in a landslide because of a silent majority and also the rampant voter suppression techniques against black voters that has been so effective in years past. When those failed, they weren’t equipped to grapple with reality that their modern day Jim Crow laws were for once ineffective largely thanks to the mobilization efforts of people they worked so hard to disenfranchise. And they don’t have to because of the fantasy of “illegitimate” (read: black) votes. 

They are so entrenched in their willful desire to remain ignorant and hateful that Joe Biden could give a speech about how blue the sky is and they’d say that there’s evidence to prove it wrong. 

Anyway, Trump lost Michigan and Georgia again. Can’t wait to see him lose Wisconsin for a second time.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Lol stop replying to them! They are grasping at straws because their cult leader has assured them that they were going to win in a landslide because of a silent majority and also the rampant voter suppression techniques against black voters that has been so effective in years past. When those failed, they weren’t equipped to grapple with reality that their modern day Jim Crow laws were for once ineffective largely thanks to the mobilization efforts of people they worked so hard to disenfranchise. And they don’t have to because of the fantasy of “illegitimate” (read: black) votes. 

They are so entrenched in their willful desire to remain ignorant and hateful that Joe Biden could give a speech about how blue the sky is and they’d say that there’s evidence to prove it wrong. 

Anyway, Trump lost Michigan and Georgia again. Can’t wait to see him lose Wisconsin for a second time.

But the YouTube views! And the crowds!

Seeing Biden win Georgia a second time was great. Here's hoping for a third time.

Edited by ButterflyEffect
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, ButterflyEffect said:

But the YouTube views! And the crowds!

Seeing Biden win Georgia a second time was great. Here's hoping for a third time.

On one hand, I don't want those poor poll workers to have to redo their jobs yet again because Trump can't take an L.

However, seeing Orange Julius get beat again would be fantastic.