The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

Wow, are they ever terrified of DeSantis. There’s an ongoing organized effort to take him down, and the media is leading the charge. They also know the covid numbers are dropping rapidly in Florida, while rising almost everywhere else, so their window to attack him is closing. 

This is masterful....

BTW, Florida ranks 19th of the 50 states for “at least one dose” and 21st for “fully vaccinated.” DeSantis has said numerous times  publicly that getting vaccinated reduces the likelihood of dying or being hospitalized, including in the video above. If people don’t follow through, it’s on them. 

Edited by TeamAudra

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Joe Biden has become a punch line, and we’re less than 8 months into his Presidency. 

One thing is for sure. I don't need the media to give me reasons to hate him. He's done that all on his own. Hope he comes near my area here in Calif. I'd like to scream at him.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Wow, are they ever terrified of DeSantis. There’s an ongoing organized effort to take him down, and the media is leading the charge. They also know the covid numbers are dropping rapidly in Florida, while rising almost everywhere else, so their window to attack him is closing. 

This is masterful....

BTW, Florida ranks 19th of the 50 states for “at least one dose” and 21st for “fully vaccinated.” DeSantis has said numerous times  publicly that getting vaccinated reduces the likelihood of dying or being hospitalized, including in the video above. If people don’t follow through, it’s on them. 

i do agree he is right on the last part, if they chose not to get vaccinated it is on them. i know its their right not to get it, but at the same time i feel for the docotrs  and nurses in full hosptials everyone not just fl cause an unvaccinated person is taking the spot of someone who might need an important surgery. i just wish these people who chose not to get the vax would also think of how their choice is affecting others . 

27 minutes ago, bswanson said:

i do agree he is right on the last part, if they chose not to get vaccinated it is on them. i know its their right not to get it, but at the same time i feel for the docotrs  and nurses in full hosptials everyone not just fl cause an unvaccinated person is taking the spot of someone who might need an important surgery. i just wish these people who chose not to get the vax would also think of how their choice is affecting others . 

Just to be clear, I said that, not him. Of course, he would rather his entire state get vaccinated. He’s just opposed to mandates, and it’s not as though it’s a unique position to take. He’s just the main target of the left since his state just got hit hard by the virus, and he’s often mentioned as a frontrunner for the 2024 GOP nomination. We’re not hearing much about the breakouts in Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Louisiana, and a bunch of other states with Democrat Governors for a reason. 

Edited by TeamAudra

It's almost like some of his critics think, if he just tweeted more in support of getting the vaccines, more people would get them! Not really how any of this works. 😌

yeah there are breaktohugh cases in all states blue or red.  but most of those people are fine within a few days even if they have to go to the hospital where unvaxed are there longer and they are taking up beds needed for others too.  Also i think it would be smarter to run Desantis rather than Trump cause he may get the gop never-trumpers vote. 

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

yeah there are breaktohugh cases in all states blue or red.  but most of those people are fine within a few days even if they have to go to the hospital where unvaxed are there longer and they are taking up beds needed for others too.  Also i think it would be smarter to run Desantis rather than Trump cause he may get the gop never-trumpers vote

Unfortunately, it’s looking like Trump may run again. That would likely be a gift to the Democrats. I know he would attack everyone in his way, including DeSantis, and his cult would go along with it. He’s fooling himself if he thinks Biden will be the nominee next time. I partially blame Trump for the mess we’re in, since he is the one who lost a winnable election. I’d prefer to not see him on that stage again. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Unfortunately, it’s looking like Trump may run again. That would likely be a gift to the Democrats. I know he would attack everyone in his way, including DeSantis, and his cult would go along with it. He’s fooling himself if he thinks Biden will be the nominee next time. I partially blame Trump for the mess we’re in, since he is the one who lost a winnable election. I’d prefer to not see him on that stage again. 

He has unfinished business though, so I expect him to run. I basically sum it up by saying, sometimes his instincts worked out for the country and sometimes they didn't. He did let his ego get in the way, unfortunately. He should have let Biden speak during the first debate, that would have been helpful (lol). Absent a pandemic, I still believe he would have won. Oh well. I don't want to hear any complaining from the folks that voted for Biden though, lol. You got what you wanted! 🙃

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

He has unfinished business though, so I expect him to run. I basically sum it up by saying, sometimes his instincts worked out for the country and sometimes they didn't. He did let his ego get in the way, unfortunately. He should have let Biden speak during the first debate, that would have been helpful (lol). Absent a pandemic, I still believe he would have won. Oh well. I don't want to hear any complaining from the folks that voted for Biden though, lol. You got what you wanted! 🙃

Trump is way too polarizing to the electorate, and you know I’m not a fan. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Biden is the worst President in the history of the country, by far. Would I take Trump back right now? Absolutely. Hell, I’d even take Obama right now over this shit show. Maybe even Hillary. LOL

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Trump is way too polarizing to the electorate, and you know I’m not a fan. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Biden is the worst President in the history of the country, by far. Would I take Trump back right now? Absolutely. Hell, I’d even take Obama right now over this shit show. Maybe even Hillary. LOL

My gut says Trump won't run again and his strategy is to keep Democrats crazy, which is really easy to do😂  from what I heard he's formed a shadow presidency.

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Would you have been able to maintain your composure? Good thing I wasn’t there, because I don’t think I could have. What a bunch of freaks. 

I'm borderline nuts,😂 but that right there is batcrap crazy. If that had been a Republican in a garilla mask doing that to a black Democrat the media would be screaming "White nationalist racist". It breaks my heart that Joe is gonna get away with leaving Americans and allies in Afghanistan. I don't think I could aim an egg through my tears.

9 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

I'm borderline nuts,😂 but that right there is batcrap crazy. If that had been a Republican in a garilla mask doing that to a black Democrat the media would be screaming "White nationalist racist". It breaks my heart that Joe is gonna get away with leaving Americans and allies in Afghanistan. I don't think I could aim an egg through my tears.

It would have been the lead story everywhere. They only care about black people when it advances their agenda. That applies to almost all liberals. There is zero outrage over this on the left. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I don’t think for a second Biden’s vaccine mandates will fly, but according to this data, the poor would be the most adversely affected.  

—-

The mandates for federal government employees may at least be legally viable, but he exempted the US Postal Service (600,000+ workers) for some reason. Furthermore, there are likely to be a significant number of federal employees who will refuse, and will be out of a job. I expect his approval numbers to continue to slide over the coming weeks. I don’t think he understands what a can of worms this is for him. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Out of curiosity, I checked the Twitter accounts of a bunch of members of the Democrat leadership in the House and Senate, including Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. NONE OF THEM tweeted anything about Biden’s vaccine mandates, or even acknowledged that he gave a speech today. Kamala Harris didn’t either. 

Edited by TeamAudra