The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

10 hours ago, season1 said:

This is not a Republican or Democrat issue. This is an American issue. Every American, especially taxpayers, should be appalled by this egregious and ridiculous spending bill.

🤡 🌎

Should Trump veto it? They attached a spending bill to the relief bill putting Congress between a rock and a hard spot. Tulsi and rand Paul didn't sign. AOC b%@ched about it on twitter but signed it any way. More Democrats signed than Republicans but really who cares they still passed it. I don't want anyone to go hungry, and I don't have any answers either. They ( congress ) really planned this out😈  

10 hours ago, season1 said:

This is not a Republican or Democrat issue. This is an American issue. Every American, especially taxpayers, should be appalled by this egregious and ridiculous spending bill.

🤡 🌎

Yes!!!  It's sickening. The corruption, is deep & wide!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

Should Trump veto it? They attached a spending bill to the relief bill putting Congress between a rock and a hard spot. Tulsi and rand Paul didn't sign. AOC b%@ched about it on twitter but signed it any way. More Democrats signed than Republicans but really who cares they still passed it. I don't want anyone to go hungry, and I don't have any answers either. They ( congress ) really planned this out😈  

Tulsi, has quite a lot to say about this bill

Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "$600 is a slap in the face to every American struggling due to the pandemic. You deserve better. I voted against the 5,593-page spending bill that gave billions to corporate interests, the military industrial complex & other countries, leaving crumbs for you who need help most. https://t.co/82F1HYF43T" / Twitter

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

The bill is a money laundering scheme for the entrenched political class with many anti-American provisions like criminalizing certain types of speech and importing more foreign workers when 18 million Americans are unemployed. Trump SHOULD veto it and he could sign an EO giving $1200 to hurting Americans (prioritize the ones who truly need them) from the unused funds of the previous covid bill. Then submit a clean covid relief bill with no foreign aid and frivolous special interest handouts similar to what he offered in October.

At the very least, just not sign the bill and let 10 days elapse (pocket veto), so more Americans will know how their own government is screwing them big time, and how their taxpayer money is funneled to art centers and other countries instead of being used to help American citizens and businesses.

Even if he vetoes it, Congress will override the veto. Let congress own this abomination of a bill. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RWG said:

Demanding the cheques be increased is not only the right thing to do, but smart politically. Trump should have done it before the election!

He tried, but the Democrats were not going to give him a political win before the election. While you're here, can you verify that Canadians receive 1,400 dollars a month since the outbreak started? That's what I've heard.

2 hours ago, RWG said:

Demanding the cheques be increased is not only the right thing to do, but smart politically. Trump should have done it before the election!

The Trump admin tried to get a relief bill passed in September and October but Pelosi and company refused to pass any stimulus. Of course, many do not know about it because the media did not report the efforts of the Trump admin to get relief for the American people. 

EDIT: Back in October, President Trump suggested a standalone bill for $1200.

kieREJdf.png

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nutterbutter said:

He tried, but the Democrats were not going to give him a political win before the election. While you're here, can you verify that Canadians receive 1,400 dollars a month since the outbreak started? That's what I've heard.

I'm not positive. I've seen the $1,400 figure elsewhere and would guess it is the average amount Canadians who needed assistance because of the pandemic have received from the government monthly. There was a program called CERB that paid people who lost their job $2,000 a month for up to four months, but it ended in September I think.

Edited by RWG
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, season1 said:

The Trump admin tried to get a relief bill passed in September and October but Pelosi and company refused to pass any stimulus. Of course, many do not know about it because the media did not report the efforts of the Trump admin to get relief for the American people. 

EDIT: Back in October, President Trump suggested a standalone bill for $1200.

kieREJdf.png

This is why he is doing what he is doing. 

Although you are wrong. Him and Pelosi wanted checks for Americans - Mitch convinced Trump to worry about the courts because the courts could give him his victory. Voting was actually close. Imagine if Trump had given those checks out. 

Trump did what Mitch told him to do. Then Mitch didn't back him. Trump is no longer useful to Mitch, so Mitch - being the sociopath that he is - threw him to the wolves. 

I also wonder if Trump knows that if he had taken Pelosi's advice about the Pandemic - he would have won re-election. A decent job would have meant more people not wanting to switch leaders during a crisis. 

Seriously, Republicans need to consider whether you support Trump or Mitch. Because it wasn't Nancy that screwed Trump over. Donald has caught on, will you guys? 

So, I am 100% here for Trump making Mitch's life miserable for the remainder of his presidency. I didn't expect it (and would still like us to take the Nuke codes from Donald)..but I'm here for it. And if he wants to give us 2K.. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

Check again. Pelosi wanted to. Mitch McConnell didn't. He wanted to slam through a Supreme Court Justice instead. Why do you think Trump's making Mitch's life difficult right now, and Pelosi's easier? 

Newsflash - Trump was never a republican or a conservative. He is all about himself. He didn't care nor know about policy. But he listened to Mitch over Pelosi and it cost him personally, and now he's making Mitch pay for it. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nutterbutter said:

Information on the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Program:

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html

• Like 1