SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

Kate Harpootlian

Kate12.jpg

ScientificFrequentDorking-size_restricte

Well done to Kate making it to the Top 100 portion of the game. That’s a really good sport for her although I personally think that’s a little too high for her hence her being my cut. Kate is a Contemporary dancer from Season 12’s Stage vs. Street. Gosh I feel like I cut so many dancers from that season but oh well. :haha: 

Kate danced a Contemporary to “Shaped like a Gun” with Edson, a Broadway to “All About That Bass” with Asaf and Neptune,  a Contemporary to “Promise” with Neptune, a Jazz to “Braveheart” with Asaf and a Jazz to “A Different Beat” with JJ.  Kate is definitely a really good Contemporary dancers but she’s one of those dancers I never and don’t get the big deal about on here. Like I know her “Promise” Contemporary is really loved on here and thats’ definitely her best dance but to me…. I think it’s really good but kinda overrated on ehre. :ph34r: Kate was one of the four dancers eliminated on that double elimination with Alexia, Ariana and Yorelis. Ooh and this cut justifies Yorelis as the last standing member of that elimination, so yayy for that!

Saving: Allison Holker

source.gif

• Like 1

COLE MILLS

Cole was a contestant on Season 15. He had a decent run, and was paired with winner Hannahlei. But she's gone from this rankdown already, so I don't feel guilty about this cut. I had mad respect for Cole for coming out of nowhere and steamrolling the male ballroom competition during the audition rounds. His contemporary/modern cross-training made him stand out in the different rounds and he proved he was the most versatile of the ballroom boys. I think that Allen G. was the producers' favorite to make the show, but Cole beat him in every round and they had no choice but to put him on the show. He was paired with Hannahlei and they danced routines that were good (Get Happy), bad (Pump It Up), and amazing (Sing It Back). For some reason he constantly found himself without clothes, very strange. Despite having an amazing performance night during Top 8 week, he was eliminated in favor of Darius. Hard choice. If you're going to do a season with a Top 10, THEN ONLY ELIMINATE ONE DANCER PER EPISODE. Makes me so mad. Since the show, I don't really know what he's been up to besides gym, dance studio, and posting pictures of his big back tattoo. 

Donyelle, Dominic, Katee, Phillip, Noelle, Marko, Glitch, Witney, Valerie. Cole adds his name to the winners' partner list.

Save Benji

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

If you're going to do a season with a Top 10, THEN ONLY ELIMINATE ONE DANCER PER EPISODE. Makes me so mad.

Agreed with this. But that would require them to shorten the obnoxiously long audition & academy process and we all know that's not gonna happen. :rolleyes: 

40 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Agreed with this. But that would require them to shorten the obnoxiously long audition & academy process and we all know that's not gonna happen. :rolleyes: 

You mean, you don't like the inspirational story of the dancer who has dysentery and was shot in the leg and their parents got divorced and their cat died and also they're not really a good dancer?

Or what about following the blonde jazztemporary girl through callbacks while she gets verbally abused by the judges but still put through all the rounds anyway up until the end?

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

You mean, you don't like the inspirational story of the dancer who has dysentery and was shot in the leg and their parents got divorced and their cat died and also they're not really a good dancer?

Or what about following the blonde jazztemporary girl through callbacks while she gets verbally abused by the judges but still put through all the rounds anyway up until the end?

:dead: 

Logan Hernandez (Season 14)

tumblr_ovw48kdc4i1qcs2cpo3_500.gifv

tumblr_ov7xfmNXDQ1qcs2cpo1_500.gifv

Logan Hernandez stands out as one of the weakest contestants from one of the strongest seasons. An obviously talented technician that is capable of doing some wild things with his body, Logan entered the competition as the "Lesser Lex" in the eyes of the judges. Therefore, Logan did not occupy an unfulfilled SYTYCD archetype on his season, which made him completely uninteresting. To further complicate the situation, Logan would be chosen by Allison Holker at the end of Academy Week. Allison is nearly twelve years his senior. That made the Logan x Allison partnership completely awkward and a total mismatch. TBH. The obvious maturity of Allison as a dancer/performer against the complete immaturity of Logan as a dancer/performer did Logan no favors in the end. The end result is a collection of awkward dances. 

During the first week of the competition, Logan danced with Audrey Case due to an injury sustained by Allison during rehearsals. This Tyce Diorio Contemporary is simply okay. Not a bad routine, but not a memorable routine. Especially against six very strong routines from that same night, Logan was very clearly disadvantaged by being pitted against a more experienced and mature cast. This routine landed Logan in the bottom three during the consecutive week. While I would not have sent him home this week, I would have been perfectly fine if he had left. Especially considering Logan followed his first routine up with a dud of a Jazz-Fusion routine with Allison. "In The Morning" is just not a good routine, and this routine clearly highlights the difference in talent levels and performance skills between the two. I will say that "In The Morning" is more personally disappointing considering Brian Friedman based this duet on personal choreography he had already taught to well-known dancers. The latter is far better. Just saying. But his visually impressive solo that night probably kept him safe for another week.

Logan performed a Jive routine the following week, choreographed by Emma Slater and Sasha Farber. Please tell me why Emma and Sasha are so obsessed with '50s themed Jive routines? I don't get it. The routine is horrible. Logan performed another strong and visually impressive solo that night. This Jive should have sent Logan straight to the bottom and out of the competition, but we lost Dassy instead. LOL. Well, Taylor really should have left that night, but that was an impossibility. Whatever.

Logan danced that horrible, horrible, horrible Christopher Scott Lyrical Hip-Hop that following week. An incestuous creepy younger brother lusting after his much older sister, who is somehow pretending to be a teenager. YUCK. This routine is not Logan's fault, but he really deserved to go home for this. At least Logan danced the very, very good and underrated "Shadows" routine that same night with Kaylee. This is the best routine of his in the competition. 

Somehow, Logan did not fall into the bottom for "Say You Won't Let Go," which really is an injustice. Logan danced in the "Strange" group routine that night, which was colossally overshadows by "Still I Rise." Logan also danced an okay African Jazz with Allison, but not nearly as outstanding as the Koine/Marko routine of the same style. At least he danced another visually impressive solo, where he actually did some Breakdancing for the majority of the solo. Logan survived once again, robbing Robert, Dassy, and Mark in totally by this point. I was convinced that he would rob Koine and Kiki as well.

Top 6 Week. Logan has danced approximately one good routine by this point with a collection of good solos to gain him some votes. Luckily, the voters came to their senses and sent him home this week. At least he went out on a high note with his Dee Caspary Contemporary routine with Allison to "The Other Side." The less said about his Jazz routine with Taylor the better. One of the worst routine in SYTYCD history. Logan danced one final impressive solo and was thankfully eliminated in the semifinals. 

After the show, Logan toured with the cast and began a relationship with Sydney Tormey from his cast. Color me surprised because I definitely thought him gay. LOL. Logan dated her for a long-time, and I am unable to decipher the status of their relationship via IG. Pictures of them together are still plastered on their accounts, but nothing more recent than January 2019. Logan is continuing to dance/teach and has a very hipster IG. Logan is not very good and definitely needed more time to mature.

SAVING: Neptune Eskridge

DARIUS HICKMAN

Not exactly a cut I am thrilled about doing, but of the options remaining, Darius is the cut I'm going with. Darius Hickman is a contemporary dancer from the fifteenth season, where he ultimately placed sixth alongside Jay Jay Dixonbey. He made the Top 10 after an incredible Hip-Hop with Comfort Fedoke to Stir Fry, that was unfortunately ruined by Vanessa Hudgens constantly WHOO girling through the entire routine. But I digress. He was then partnered with Magda Fialek, the superior ballroom female of that season, and they had a nice run. From their fist week, Glass Heart Concert was their stand-out to me, though I remember people also liking the cha cha they did as well. In the second week, their Bollywood was kind of rough, but their jazz routine was a nice showing from both of them. Unfortunately, Darius landed in the bottom two after those routines. The next week saw them take on a contemporary to Undertow and a contemporary to Undertow alone. After Magda's unfortunate elimination (though I obviously would never cut her over Genessy, but Jensen just had to exist that season), Darius found himself with eventual winner Hannahlei for one routine. I don't remember it, tbh. Darius wound up leaving that evening, but he did manage to turn in what is arguably the strongest routine So You Think You Can Dance has even given us. Alongside Taylor Sieve, showing that Nigel was playing liberally and loosely with the term All Star, Darius danced a contemporary routine to It Takes a Lot to Know a Man. Sensational. Incredible. Thrilling. Powerful. Person. Places. Things. You get the point. Darius stood no chance of advancing due to his previous two works, but at least his swan song was ITALTKAM. I know it technically was performed first, but let's be real - none of us remember the couples routines that evening.

SAVE: Hailee Payne