idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Which is more confusing, the cut or the save? 

The save... I don't know, maybe nostalgia, Sabra x Dominic partnership, Quest Crew S3, judge on ABDC, SYTYCD All Star, Quest Crew All-Stars, World of Dance choreographer, Emmy award, judge on SYTYCD... did he do something to get himself cancelled that I don't know about???

The cut was basically to try to make sure Mark K. survives the round lol

The save. Dassy deserves better, but I objectively understand that she does not have a huge body of work to discuss. 

Sabra x Dominic partnership? Not good. They had a total of one good dance. Judge on the show? LOLLOLOLOLOLOL. That makes me dislike him. None of these judges do themselves any favors. SYTYCD All-Star with zero All-Star performances worth of discussion. LOL. Except maybe his performance in "Sweet Disposition." ABDC Season 3 is a solid win, but I think they had a weaker run on the unnecessary All-Stars version. I do not watch World of Dance because that show is horrifying. Sure he has had success in other endeavors, but his time on the show ranges from mediocre to disastrously horrendous.

"Man of La Mancha." Enough said.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

That was obvious when Jensen and Mariah got immunity.

True.

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

woah face wow GIF

Make sure to save that comment for when you cut Dominic hahaha

Funnily enough, I had initially type out "Cut Dominic." I figured he was low-hanging fruit and decided to cut Melissa instead. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Funnily enough, I had initially type out "Cut Dominic." I figured he was low-hanging fruit and decided to cut Melissa instead.

Remember that time I saved Melissa? LOL

@*Diana and @*Wallace let me know if you will let me join your alliance because I think Dee is officially over it

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

@*Diana and @*Wallace let me know if you will let me join your alliance because I think Dee is officially over it

You're always welcome. :wub: :hug: 

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Do you honestly think I keep track of saves and cuts? I have participated in too many rankdowns for this to be possible. :dead:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Do you honestly think I keep track of saves and cuts? I have participated in too many rankdowns for this to be possible. :dead:

This is my first one and it's basically the most important thing that has ever happened in my life. 

44 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao we are such opposites because I absolutely loved Season 4. :haha: But I remember during that season, lots of IDFers hated it.

IDFers hate every season until the next season comes.

Haha but I do vaguely remember the hate on this forum back in Season 4. People were already complaining that the magic of Season 3 was gone and would never be found again... here we are 12 years later gearing up for Season 17

Cyrus "Glitch" Spencer

fox you go hard GIF by So You Think You Can Dance

I didn't really want to cut any of the remaining four but, if I have to, I'll cut Cyrus and at least give him a good write-up. Cyrus was the male runner-up on Season 9, which was a bit of a shock, since most of the fanbase felt he was a sure fire bet to win after never being in the bottom all season. However, let's talk about how he got to the point.

In the showcase, he danced a routine with stepper Brandon Mitchell and Martial Artist Cole Horibe. It was definitely a different routine, since they all had very different styles. Cyrus was also one of the first animators we had on the show and the introduction to the Dragon House crew, so he came into the season with a lot of promise. After the showcase, he was paired with ballet dancer, and eventually Season 9 winner, Eliana Girard.

In Week 1, the pair danced a Tyce Diorio broadway to a song from Hairspray. Eliana was obviously better, since it was her style, but personality definitely won the day for the two of them on this routine and the judges made it fairly clear that that would be the case going forward. Cyrus was a showman and his ability to sell a routine would probably carry him far in the competition. 

In Week 2, they danced a Tony & Melanie JIve. I liked it from Eliana again, but I know most of IDF wasn't a fan, but they were safe anyway. In Week 3, they danced a Nappytabs hip-hop to "Toxic". This was one of my favourite routines from them but, Eliana was in the Bottom 6 that week after their Jive from the previous week. The judges, smartly, saved her after recognizing that her and Cyrus had good chemistry.

Week 4 was the dreaded Mia Michaels week. Cyrus and Elaina danced Katee and Twitch's "Mercy". I think they got lucky that their routine was first and maybe not as memorable as some of the others, so it was harder to compare and again, more about character than technique, which they always sold well. Following that, they both made the Top 10 and Cyrus began to dance with the all-stars. At the Top 10, he danced a Travis Wall Contemporary with Jaimie. It was pretty, but nothing memorable. At the Top 8, he danced Jazz with Melanie Moore which, unsurprisingly, I loved and most of IDF hated. Then, at Top 6, he danced a Dubstep with Comfort :wub: and a Broadway routine with Tiffany that, naturally, IDF loved. Again, it was a character piece, but the two of them had good chemistry.

In the finale, he danced a mediocre Paso Doble with Eliana, a Lyrical Hip-hop with Tiffany and a Jazz with Chehon. He and Twitch also danced an Animation routine together which, for me, was one of the best routines of the night. They were a great pair and their energy fed off each other.

Save: Aaron Turner

Edited by sublymonal

16 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

IDFers hate every season until the next season comes.

Haha but I do vaguely remember the hate on this forum back in Season 4. People were already complaining that the magic of Season 3 was gone and would never be found again... here we are 12 years later gearing up for Season 17

LOL Yessss this was exactly how it was back then. :dead: 

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

SYTYCD All-Star with zero All-Star performances worth of discussion.

I liked his hip-hop with Robert.

54 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

People were already complaining that the magic of Season 3 was gone and would never be found again

Season 3 was dreadful. :unsure: Season 4 >>>>>>>

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I liked his hip-hop with Robert.

Season 3 was dreadful. :unsure: Season 4 >>>>>>>

That was a really good routine and I liked that a lot too. :yes: 

Thee was also that B-boy routine where Dominic showed out Jose, although that isn't hard to do. :giggle: Ooh and I loved the if I Were a Boy Lyrical Hip-Hop with Lauren F. ❤️ 

Will Thomas

Will Thomas is a contemporary dancer that appeared on season 9 of the show. Will ended up in the top 8 of the season and throughout his journey he delivered a group of routines that were mostly terrible except for a couple of them. He started his run with a Type contemporary group routine that he danced along Alexa, Amber and George, the routine itself was okay but mostly because of the other dancers. For the first week of the couple performances, Will was paired with contemporary dancer Amelia where they danced together 4 routines. A really great Pop Jazz by NappyTabs, a really great Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh, a terrible jazz by Mandy Moore and a reprise of the Butt Dance that was just terrible. Somehow, Will made the top 10 even if he never danced outside his style before that. During Top 10 he wa ls partnered with all star Kathryn for a Bollywood that was again terrible. He would then follow his trend of terrible routines with a lyrical hip hop danced with Lauren Gottieb that deservedly so got him eventually cut. Will is a dancer that lasted too long and even if I don’t really dislike him I would have preferred to have other males before him like Brandon, Matthew and Dareian. On the plus side, he appears to be dating the guy in the picture above and he also looks good nowadays so good for him.

saving Mark Kanemura

so you think you can dance dancing GIF

• Like 1

wow where was i, an audience member, when ariana debose got eliminated? i, an audience member, should have had the power to prevent such a tragedy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@*Diana will wrap up the cycle with her nominations. You must nominate 6 dancers from seasons 2 & 12.

8 hours ago, *Amanda said:

@*Diana will wrap up the cycle with her nominations. You must nominate 6 dancers from seasons 2 & 12.

excited jason derulo GIF by So You Think You Can Dance

Benji Schwimmer
Dmitry Chaplin

Allison Holker

Edson Juarez

Eddie "Neptune" Eskridge
Hailee Payne

Kate Harpootlian

Logan Hernandez
Mark Villaver

Darius Hickman
Cole Mills