idolforums.com
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

Jonathan "Legacy" Perez

S6_Legacy_Perez.jpg

CraftyWhichBat-size_restricted.gif

Oooh I was gonna make the nice easy cut as usual but Diana beat me by a few seconds with the Ariana cut, so therefore I am cutting Legacy. Sorry to Legacy fans out there but he’s just my least favorite of those remaining. And also he annoyed me for some reason during Season 6. :ph34rwave: I’ve gotten over that over the years but could and well always realized he was a solid contestant. Let’s discuss Legacy.

Jonathan "Legacy" Perez is a B-boy from Season 6 and he was partnered with one of SYTYCD’s greats Kathryn McCormick. They had a strong run as a partnership where they danced a Hip-Hop to “On & On,” a Contemporary to "2 Steps Away,” a Broadway to “I Wan’na Be Like You,” a Paso Doble to “Pursuit,” a Jazz to “So Deep,” and a Viennese Waltz to “Your Guardian Angel.” Those were all really good dances - with the Hip-Hop, Contemporary and Jazz being the biggest standouts. I do think Legacy had a bad week on Top 10 Night where he was partnered with Ashleigh and they danced a Contemporary to “Poison” and Hip-Hop to “Slow Down.” Didn’t care for either of those, esp. that Hip-Hop. He had a better night on Top 8 week with Ellenore but not quite up to his performances with Katrhyn. They danced a Contemporary to “Machine Gun” and a Hip-Hop to “People Are Strange.” The Contemporary was really good but didn’t think the Hip-Hop was that good. 

Legacy’s journey on the show was over after that week and he left on Top 8. I was fine with him going as I preferred Russell, Jakob and Ryan more than him. Legacy is talented and I believe he’s in real estate business or something now which is really great. I’ll post my favorite dances from him.

Saving: Lauren Gottlieb

UlFgN3.gif

With the way y'all were talking about Lauren before the nominations, I'm surprised there wasn't a plan in place to have her cut before Wally could swoop in and save here. :dead: 

Just now, *Amanda said:

With the way y'all were talking about Lauren before the nominations, I'm surprised there wasn't a plan in place to have her cut before Wally could swoop in and save here. :dead: 

Don't get me started. :/ 

RICKY JAMIE

Ricky was a contemporary dancer on Season 8. From his audition it was clear to me that he was a lock for Top 10. He danced in a quartet for showcase week with Melanie, Sasha, and Miranda. Then he got paired with Ryan Ramirez because apparently they both did something awful in a past life and this was their karma I guess. Both great dancers but not a good pairing. If they were going to put Ricky with another contemporary dancer, why have it be Ryan? I feel like producers maybe thought those would be two popular dancers and they'd make another power couple or something, but WOW that was not a good idea. Ricky and Ryan were in the bottom 6 during the scary quadruple elimination in Season 8. We keep on talking about that moment because we've cut all the other dancers from the rankdown lol but let's talk about it again. Nick Young, Iveta, Wadi, Missy, Ryan, Ricky. They all danced for their life. The judges saved Ryan for some reason, which makes me think her save was predetermined regardless of the solo. However, I actually don't think they planned on saving Ricky until they saw his solo, which was admittedly impressive. Nick Young's solo was also good and he probably had the better track record and was a different style, but the judges couldn't stop themselves from saving Ricky after his solo. EVEN THOUGH back in Season 4 when Marquis pulled out all the tricks for his solo they still threw him in the trash but I guess years later they decided to change their minds about that stuff.

Anyway, Ricky survived and was rewarded with more weeks as Ryan's partner. Honestly still confused why they didn't take the opportunity to switch that up, as I think an Iveta/Ricky partnership could have been interesting if they were dead-set on keeping Ricky over Nick. They danced more jazz and contemporary together and enjoyed more weeks in the bottom 3 couples where Ricky easily saved himself over Chris and Alexander (and Ryan fails to survive into the Top 10). As Christina Applegate mentions later in the season, Ricky's Body Language solo was really good. As part of the Top 10, Ricky danced some more jazz and contemporary with All Stars Allison and Jaimie. I think he also had a piece with Anya that Nigel tried to hate on but Lady Gaga said was good. Then he danced a hip-hop duet that Lady Gaga said was bad. Oh well, can't win them all. Just before being eliminated Ricky danced a waacking piece with Sasha. He also made an appearance in the performance finale episode when Melanie said she was inspired by Ricky in response to a question that was obviously trying to get her to fawn over Marko. LOL I loved that moment. Ricky is a great dancer and I like him, but we're reaching the Top 100 and it's getting rough in here.

Apparently Ricky is a spin instructor now? Check out Insta for lots of gym pics.

Save Kathryn

Ricky deserved to go out rounds earlier because I'm still bitter he was saved over Nick and Jess. 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Do you think Uncle Nigel would cast a black lesbian as anything but a first boot?

But Sasha Mallory? :unsure: Though I don't know if she was out at the time.

23 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And I was so close to Nick Young getting it like he could get something else for the third year in a row :/ 

With how many faves of mine you cut recently, I am glad to have prevented that. :dead: :haha: 

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

My favourite part of Martha's run was her saying in her Top 10 video package "Top 10 is the week you find out who was using their old partner as a crutch" and then she was promptly eliminated. :dead: 

#Yikes, I'l always remember that. That was so embarrassing from her. :lmao: 

13 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Jessi deserved Top 6 and I will die mad about it

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

LOL nobody called me. But it seemed kind of rude to do that to Wally so soon. Misha's day will come.

11 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

That's because Elliott wasn't there to cut my first save as he always does.

I'm shocked too but very happy. I'll save Lauren for as long as I can/am able to. :haha:

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

LOL nobody called me. But it seemed kind of rude to do that to Wally so soon. Misha's day will come.

I like this guy, Derek. :hug: 

9 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

@.Rei has Ryan Di Lello vs. Lindsay Arnold.

This decision will be obvious..... but Rei, i hope you can give Lindsay a good and nice write-up. ❤️ 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

That's because Elliott wasn't there to cut my first save as he always does.

...I can't cut or save my own nominations, Wallace.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

...I can't cut or save my own nominations, Wallace.

...... I know that. I meant that in the way of how you couldn't cut/save this time, since it was your round.

11 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

But Sasha Mallory? :unsure:

Whomst?

Just now, *Wallace said:

...... I know that. I meant that in the way of how you couldn't cut/save this time, since it was your round.

Oh, right. :dead: 

I've seen like three seasons but very much #TeamDiana in this game someone take down that Elliott, Andrew, Dee alliance plz and thank you.

(love all three of you though :giggle: )

Edited by Alex95

Just now, Alex95 said:

I've seen like three seasons but very much #TeamDiana in this game someone take down that Elliott, Andrew, Dee alliance plz and thank you.

If we were in an alliance with Dee, we wouldn't have already lost season 9's correct champion Eliana Girard. 😘 

Just now, Elliott said:

If we were in an alliance with Dee, we wouldn't have already lost season 9's correct champion Eliana Girard. 😘 

Y'all coincidentally being available to cut and save seconds after all three of you posted nominations in a row

giphy.gif

Lol I've only read like the last 10 pages of this whole thread though sooooooooooo

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Y'all coincidentally being available to cut and save seconds after all three of you posted nominations in a row

giphy.gif

Lol I've only read like the last 10 pages of this whole thread though sooooooooooo

You're the one who encourages rankers making deals. :P

You act like Andrew and I aren't always the first to cut/save in each other's rounds.

Edited by Elliott

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Whomst?

Sasha, the runner-up of Season 8. I can't remember if she is bi or a lesbian, but that proves your last comment wrong. :haha: But then, I don't know if she was out back then.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Oh, right. :dead: 

:giggle: 

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

(love all three of you though :giggle: )

:dead: 

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

giphy.gif

I noticed this too - and lost many of my favorites because of it. 😢 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

You're the one who encourages rankers making deals. :P

You act like Andrew and I aren't always the first to cut/save in each other's rounds.

Lmao I'm practicing my rankdown spectating. Whenever I'm a host I try to have to bite my tongue and as a ranker I gotta be strategic. As a spectator with barely any skin this game, I'm gonna start following closer and call people out :shiftywave:

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Wally stop flopping and take them down already!

I haven't been able to nominate in a long time but my round is next. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Sasha, the runner-up of Season 8

:unsure: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

I haven't been able to nominate in a long time but my round is next. :haha: 

Good channel your inner petty and go for the jugular!