4 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

She's the American equivalent of Tara Jean to me

Yikes, I didn't realize you hated her that much lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

Yikes, I didn't realize you hated her that much lmao

:dead: I'm so glad you understand this comparison

• Like 1

The important thing is that S16 is now the first season knocked out of this rankdown. :wub:

S13? I don't know her.

literally 3 of us cutting Ariana. :dead: I am already doing the write up

Edited by *Diana

7 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

She's the American equivalent of Tara Jean to me, who I also don't hate, I just prefer other people.

yikes please don't insult Kayla like this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, *Diana said:

cut Ariana

8 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Cut Ariana

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Cut Ariana

I'm not sure, but I think Ariana is leaving this round.

My bad! Got too excited for the chance to write about goddess Ariana. Arguably the most successful SYTYCD alum. Tony nominated and Anita in Steven Spielberg's West Side Story. I really wish we got a chance to see her solo during Vegas Week that made Mia cry. We get to see Billy make Adam cry that episode but not an amazingly talented black woman? Okay, I see you FOX.

Just now, Elliott said:

I'm not sure, but I think Ariana is leaving this round.

:dead: 

Also she wins as the queen of the first eliminated dancers in this rankdown

Ariana DeBose

RxOYJoU.jpg

3 of us cutting the same person and I oop. Thank you Andrew for changing your cut while Kayla's time is probably limited but it's nice being able to save her. Thank you. Anyway back to Ariana. She isn't popular here because 3 of us tried to cut her but I don't fault her when she's a meh name against multiple actual SYTYCD legends. Ariana was a contempary dancer from season 6 (more people danced other than Kathryn???) and placed in the top 20. she isn't a major name in this point of the game is a easy cut to make. The Hip-Hop she danced was not good at all, just bad. She earned her eliminated that week just like she earned the cut here. I had no idea what success she had post show but that is amazing! Good for her. A Tony is no small feet and that is incredible. She is talented and clearly just wasn't made for this show but ask Heather Morris, you don't need this show to be successful.

Saving: Kayla Radomski

Edited by *Diana

My bad! Got too excited for the chance to write about goddess Ariana. Arguably the most successful SYTYCD alum. Tony nominated and Anita in Steven Spielberg's West Side Story. I really wish we got a chance to see her solo during Vegas Week that made Mia cry. We get to see Billy make Adam cry that episode but not an amazingly talented black woman? Okay, I see you FOX.

Do you think Uncle Nigel would cast a black lesbian as anything but a first boot?

Also she wins as the queen of the first eliminated dancers in this rankdown

And I was so close to Nick Young getting it like he could get something else for the third year in a row :/ 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Do you think Uncle Nigel would cast a black lesbian as anything but a first boot?

cary elwes hiding GIF by The Crush

Found footage of Sasha right after producers asked about her love life

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

cary elwes hiding GIF by The Crush

Found footage of Sasha right after producers asked about her love life

:dead:

But as an addendum, I completely forgot about Ariana, then one day, Andrew and I were seeing Bring It On: The Musical because Neil was in it, and Ariana was one of the leads of the Not-Clovers-But-Very-Obviously-Clovers team, so we've been stanning ever since.

Martha Nichols (Season 2)

tumblr_m6onvw2O3K1rzha92o2_250.gifv

tumblr_p3bu787JVJ1x30xujo1_400.gifv

Sorry Wallace! This was a tough set of nominations and Martha Nichols stands out as the weakest contestant in the bunch. Martha Nichols is a very strong dancer and has had a beastly post-show career. Martha is still killing the game, look at that shot of her in The Greatest Showman!

Despite her obvious talents and badass attitude, Martha did not have the strongest run while on the show. First things first, Season 2 is super weak. Super super weak. The choreography is just astoundingly bland and poor. That did a lot of the contestants that season a disservice. Secondly, Martha and Travis was a total mismatch partnership. Thirdly, every contestant that season completely pales in comparison to Benji and Donyelle. Natalie and Heidi are the only other contestants that managed to stand out in any major way. I SAID WHAT I SAID. Between an awkward pairing, bad choreography, and Benjelle domination, Martha fades into the background in a major way. Really. She is a very boring SYTYCD contestant. 

Despite being a Contemporary/Jazz dancer, Martha never once danced within her style. I would say that Martha met the challenge of constantly dancing outside of her style very well. Even during her weakest dances, Martha never looked like a phony. That is one thing I always admired about her. But objectively, her Salsa, Foxtrot, and Smooth Waltz are all really weak dances. Both of her Shane Sparks Hip-Hop routines are disasters. And Shane Sparks did not like Martha, according to the video package for her Top 10 Hip-Hop with Ivan. That makes me like Martha even more, since she repels disgusting pedophilic rapists away from her. 

Martha really only had two memorable moments on the show, one of which is her "Steam Heat" Broadway routine from Week One. The routine is overrated though and truly is nothing special. In my opinion, her performance in "Clap Back" is truly her one standout performance. Despite being the first individual to take on Krump (loosely used term lol), Martha rose to the occasion and really killed that routine. 

Martha found herself eliminated on Top 10 Night, which is fair. Except I would have kept her over Allison based on their performances so far in the competition. Obviously, not winning did not impact her career significantly. Martha has continued to work extensively in the industry, which really speaks to her talents. This is a fair elimination at this point.

SAVING: Koine Iwasaki (Season 14)

Kayla ❤️

She should never be compared to Tara-Jean. LOL.

Congrats to the remaining dancers for making the Top 100 of this year's rankdown!

My favourite part of Martha's run was her saying in her Top 10 video package "Top 10 is the week you find out who was using their old partner as a crutch" and then she was promptly eliminated. :dead: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Thirdly, every contestant that season completely pales in comparison to Benji and Donyelle. Natalie and Heidi are the only other contestants that managed to stand out in any major way.

Heidi?

Heidi?

VdKEe00.gif