idolforums.com
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

29 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Robert was great though and didn't deserved to leave against the likes of Sydney, Taylor and Lex tbh

Amen.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Oh thank God.

I was literally in the process of posting the same thing.

30 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Robert was great though and didn't deserved to leave against the likes of Sydney, Taylor and Lex tbh

preach GIF

Objective Elliott would add Kaylee and Logan to that list too.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I was literally in the process of posting the same thing.

Cat Good Job GIF by GuiltyParty

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

preach GIF

Objective Elliott would add Kaylee and Logan to that list too.

you're probably right but at least those two had some great routines along the way 

@.Rei please wait for me to update the front page before you nominate. (!) 

18 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

@.Rei please wait for me to update the front page before you nominate. (!) 

no problem :thumbs:

Edited by .Rei

The front page is updated now. Cycle information is in the first post if you forget your assigned seasons.

@sublymonal has Jonathan Platero vs. Max Kapitannikov

Can I swap out S14 for S16 and then just nominate the remaining three S16 contestants four times a piece to guarantee their eliminations?

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Can I swap out S14 for S16 and then just nominate the remaining three S16 contestants four times a piece to guarantee their eliminations?

:dead: 

You still have to nominate dancers from S6 and S14. Toss the S16 ones in with your other 6 nominations.

Weirdly enough, our top three in here is the same top three irl. I’m pretty sure that’s the only time this will happen in the rankdown. :haha:

Granted two of them had immunity.

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Weirdly enough, our top three in here is the same top three irl. I’m pretty sure that’s the only time this will happen in the rankdown. :haha:

Granted two of them had immunity.

I do like how that happened. ❤️ And lol yeah I feel like that will probably be the only time that happens too. :haha: 

Max Kapitannikov

200906_so-you-think-you-can-dance-mx-int

I actually had a harder time deciding who to save than people might think. I do think, all things considered, Max had a very strong run for only being in the competition for two weeks. As we all know, he was a ballroom dancer on the show's fifth season and was partnered with IDF Darling, Kayla Radomski. In Week 1, the pair danced a phenomenal Samba called "Jum Bah Day".

Obviously, Max's background helped, but Kayla really held her own in it. They also had the pimp spot that night and ended up being safe the next week. In Week 2, they danced a Brian Friedman Pop-Jazz called "Hot Like Wow".

At the time, I didn't love this routine, but going back and watching it, I like it more. I've always like Brian's choreography and Max did a respectable job with it despite not being a lyrical dancer. So why did I cut him and keep Jonathan? A few reasons. I felt that despite Max's two good routines, he and Kayla were never a great match. I felt like she outshone him in both of their routines and he was too old to be her partner. In contrast, I felt like Jonathan and Karla were a good match. I love their routine in Week 2 (Falling Slowly) and I feel like Jonathan is much more active. Plus I still love his routine with Genessey. With all that said, Max is a very respectable ballroom dancer, but he's mostly retired from competitions now but I did I find this video from 2019 in case you want to watch him dance one more time.

Save: Jonathan Platero

Andrew said something nice about Kayla. 🤯

@.Rei is next to nominate. You must nominate 6 dancers from seasons 11 & 15.

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

@.Rei is next to nominate. You must nominate 6 dancers from seasons 11 & 15.

*me realizing that means Teddy*

Rei, have I mentioned how much I love Kayla Radomski?

Nominations

Season 11: It was with either them or my favorites

Carly Blaney

Teddy Coffey

Jacque LeWarne

Season 15: Same here

Hannahlei Cabilla

Jensen Arnold

Cole Mills

The rest: Why are they still here?

Melanie Moore

Jordan Casanova

Eliana Girard

Mariah Russell

Gino Cosculluela

Lindsay Arnold

@Deeee @sublymonal @*Wallace @*Diana @Elliott @FrogLenzen

Edited by .Rei

Jensen being saved and Teddy being cut? This is Elliott's nightmare round. :dead: 

Hannahlei Cabilla

gBS7aI7.jpg

I have to do this write up and the tv one within 30 minutes so let me make this quick. Diana cutting a contemporary dancer? Shook everyone. Season 15 winner Hannahlei was a not a great winner but what else can I say? She had some good dances no denying that and she's a  beautiful girl but I never thought she was a favorite of mine so I am being petty and cutting her with the chance I got. Major props for her winning because I didn't expect it at the time so good for her but she isn't winning the season in this Rankdown. Sorry not sorry. 

Saving: Jensen Arnold

TEDDY COFFEY

Teddy was a hip-hop/secret tap dancer on Season 11. In the showcase episode, Teddy danced with Emilio to a Chris Scott routine. I liked it and I think it did a decent job of displaying Teddy's unique style (what did Emily call it? "Teddy arms"?).  After that, Teddy was paired with Emily for the rest of the voting episodes. I always complain about partnerships, but I feel like Season 11 was one of the worse seasons for match-ups. So many didn't make any sense to me. Teddy and Emily was one of those for me. They danced a Dave Scott hip-hop, Oksana/Jonathan salsa, and Warren Carlyle broadway that I don't really remember much of, except poor Emily kept having to wear horrible slippery shoes or something. But he and Emily danced a Tyce contemporary that was actually very very nice and IMO Teddy's highlight on the show. I also vaguely remember him in the hip-hop group number where they were all chess pieces. Teddy and Emily unfortunately both went home in a quadruple elimination when they went from Top 14 to Top 10. I think Teddy would have had a better run if he was paired with someone like Carly.

Teddy looks great with a beard and has been working in the industry pretty much non-stop since being on the show. Someone who knows him better should share highlights because his resume is amazing these days. @Elliott I'm sorry, if you want I can send you a list of my favorite dancers so you can personally snipe them from the top of a building, or I can just send you my address and you can snipe me instead

Save Melanie

28 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Save Jacque 

Cut Mariah

Refresh. In the middle of a long write-up. LOL.