idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

Just now, Elliott said:

Cut  Cristina

Save Teddy

Cut Danny instead

Ugh and I was debating on and nearly saved Danny, but thought he would have been an easy save for someone. :(  :/  Even though i would have missed saving him, so ugh. :broken: 

DANNY TIDWELL

OgcK36_U7Q8wQJfJkqOOKPjd3N4c6Ja_Ow5ZF3HI

Danny Tidwell is the runner-up of season three. Somehow. He was originally partnered with Anya Garnis, and the two of them were in the bottom three for 3 of the 5 weeks they were together. Each week, Danny Tidwell was saved by the judges. Somehow. Their first routine was a jive to Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend. I actually liked this the most out of their routines, but that's because it's to Avril. :wub: The next routine was a Viennese Waltz to "You and Me" by Lifehouse. Again, I like the song. But this time around, I was just meh on their routine. For the third week, they did a hip-hop to a Timbaland song. It was terrible, and they landed in the bottom three. Danny was saved over Jesús. Choices. The next week they did a contemporary to Apologize. Considering how much that song annoyed me back in the day, it goes without saying I wasn't a fan of it. Once again, they landed in the bottom three. He was up against Cedric and Hok, so I guess this save was alright, even if I still preferred Cedric and Hok to him. Top 12 saw them do a Foxtrot that they again landed in the bottom three after. Danny was saved and Hok went home. Ugh, season three was terrible.

Top 10 week saw Danny do a horrendously overrated Samba with Lacey Schwimmer. Top 8 week saw him with Sara Von Gillern, where they did an Argentine Tango and a guilty pleasure hip-hop. Sara was eliminated; unfortunately, Danny wasn't. Top 6 week, Danny was with La*ren G*ttlieb so LOL if you think I even watched those routines. 🤢 In the finale, Danny danced with the other three finalists, and it just showed why they were all better than him. My favourite of his routines, by default, was his routine with Neil, but honestly, it should've been with Pasha and Neil instead.

SAVE: Teddy Coffey

Lol cutting Danny and saving Teddy. :wacko: 😐 

Not surprised but very sad and disappointed. :(

11 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ugh and I was debating on and nearly saved Danny, but thought he would have been an easy save for someone. :(  :/  Even though i would have missed saving him, so ugh. :broken: 

Why were you debating when you know Elliott would cut him at the first chance he gets? :dead: 

Cristina Santana

Cristina was a ballroom dancer that placed 10th on the show's 7th season. As I've said before, I don't dislike Cristina at all. I liked her routines during the season and definitely thought she should have outlasted Jose, at the very least. For her showcase routine, she danced a Samba trio with Anya and Pasha to Kelly Rowland's "Work". Next to "Paris is Burning" (Lauren and Kent's routine) and "Freak" (Robert, Ashley and AdeChike's routine), it was third favourite of the night. In Week 1, she was paired with All-Star Mark Kanemura and the two of them danced a Sonya Tayeh Jazz routine to Santigold's "Starstruck". I also liked this routine and would probably rank it third or fourth of the routine's we saw that night. Since America didn't vote for women back then, especially minority women, she was in the Bottom 3, but saved over Alexie.

In Week 2, she danced a Paso Doble with Pasha at the top of the show. As others have said, this routine was good and deserved more praise, but after she landed in the bottom again, it was clear she was destined to be fodder. It was among my favourite routines that night though, so I had hoped she'd last longer, but the voters rarely turn up for ballroom contestants, so she was sent home. Since Season 7, she has had her braces removed (which took me aback when looking for a picture of her) and continues to teach dance in LA. She's also a health coach and a dance instructor so, good for her.

Save: Aaron Turner

Edited by sublymonal

Just now, *Amanda said:

Why were you debating when you know Elliott would cut him at the first chance he gets? :dead: 

My reputation precedes me. :wub: 

reputation stadium tour GIF by Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

He cut Cristina originally. 😛 But I was too late anyway and Elliott wouldn't have changed his mind so it's whatever.

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

He cut Cristina originally. 😛 But I was too late anyway and Elliott wouldn't have changed his mind so it's whatever.

...That's when you jump in and save Danny just in case, not debate and hope someone else saves him?

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Elliott wouldn't have changed his mind so it's whatever.

If you asked, I would've changed my cut.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

If you asked, I would've changed my cut.

Oh. I'll take note of this next time.

Ariana Crowder

hqdefault.jpg

Ariana Crowder is a hip-hop dancer from SYTYCD Season 12’s Stage vs. Street competition…. and lol I am honestly surprised how Ariana made it this far in the game.   I know the hip-hop team and dancers are loved and regarded in a high value but Ariana was one of the more forgettable dancers on that side - although she did have some good dances.

Let’s go through Ariana’s journey. Ariana danced a Hip-Hop to “Locked Out of Heaven” with Virgil & Yorelis, a Jazz to “Cry me a River” with Derek, African Jazz to “Gorilla” with Burim & Gaby, Contemporary to “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” with Jim and a Burlesque Jazz to “Circus Fish” with Alexia. Looking back on these routines, I liked three of these….. her hip-hop, African Jazz and Contemporary. Ariana was also in the Bottom 4/6 every week she danced which is very unfortunate for her. :( But at least the judges Twitter Save saved her 3 times. She is a good contestant but was against stronger and more memorable contestants, imo. Well done to her making it this far and I shall post my favorite dances from her.

Saving: Jason Glover 

tumblr_m28lk12uTF1rs6rm1o7_250.gif

The judges didn't save her three times. One of those times, Twitter did. :haha: 

I leave you alone for two seconds and look what happens woooooow wow mess 

special thanks to southwest for delaying my flight an hour 

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I leave you alone for two seconds and look what happens woooooow wow mess 

special thanks to southwest for delaying my flight an hour 

It's the return of #ChaosElliott this round. :giggle: 

44 minutes ago, Deeee said:

save Legacy

Cut Audrey

Refreshing! Write-up almost complete.

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The judges didn't save her three times. One of those times, Twitter did. :haha: 

Ooooh right. I forgot about those Twitter Saves happening that season. :haha: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Ooooh right. I forgot about those Twitter Saves happening that season. :haha: 

Oh yes, the twitter saves. The reason Derek Piquette was saved despite not dancing one week and then got saved an additional 2 times over better dancers.

3 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Oh yes, the twitter saves. The reason Derek Piquette was saved despite not dancing one week and then got saved an additional 2 times over better dancers.

All because of professional singer Maddie Ziegler.

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Ughh yeah how could I ever forget that? I guess i tried to erase that from happening in my mind. :wacko: And he had Maddie Ziegler's fanbase Twitter save voting for him, which also felt unfair.

Just now, Elliott said:

All because of professional singer Maddie Ziegler.

That's Mackenzie. :dead: 

Audrey Case (Season 9)

source.gif

tumblr_okkbspLRqg1r46adgo2_500.gifv

"Lesser Tiffany" is a Contemporary/Jazz dancer from Season 9. Since I eliminated Matthew from the Rankdown, it is only fitting that I take Audrey out of the Rankdown as well. Audrey entered SYTYCD Season 9 as a frontrunner in the competition. A lot of focus was placed on her during auditions and Las Vegas Callbacks. Only for all of that to backfire as the complete fodder dark-horse Tiffany Maher completely overtook her and displayed true versatility. Audrey had a terrible run on the show. Audrey danced four Contemporary/Jazz routines, one Salsa, and one Hip-Hop. During Showcase Week, Audrey danced a Sonya Tayeh Jazz number alongside Tiffany Maher. This piece highlighted the shocking resemblance between the two dancers, and made it very clear that only one brunette could survive! The right one just so happened to survive. Audrey started the competition with an overrated bang, dancing the stupid Titanic-inspired Travis Wall "Unchained Melody" piece with partner Matthew. Audrey seemed destined for success after this routine, but that would be quickly derailed. Audrey danced a forgettable Sonya Tayeh Jazz routine the following week with Matthew. So far, not-so-good. During Top 16 Week, Audrey danced one of the worst routines in SYTYCD history. That Salsa with Matthew is horrendous and should have eliminated her from the competition. Anyways. Audrey then danced a dreadful version of "Time" with Matthew during the horrible Mia Michaels Week. At least this routine would finally be her downfall. Audrey made the Top 10 without falling in the bottom, and without any good routines to her name. Audrey was paired with tWitch for a Dave Scott Hip-Hop routine. Dave Scott smartly placed Audrey in the coffin for almost half of the dance, considering nobody ever thought she would dance Hip-Hop well. She landed in the bottom against Witney, who rightfully survived over Audrey.

Ever since her time on the show, Audrey has toured and danced with Jaci Royal's group, and seems to be her principal dancer. That is great for her. Audrey returned as an All-Star once during Season 14 as a quick fill-in for Allison Holker. Audrey is now engaged and seems very happy. Great for her. Out of the Rankdown she goes.

SAVING: Legacy Perez (Season 6)