SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

It's kind of weird that these are the two that are eliminated together. I added them to my nominations list after going through my old posts to update with Instagram, and I came across my Natalie save where I said that Musa and Ryan controlled her narrative on the show. It was always "Natalie and Musa have such a  connection" and "Ryan wants to be with Natalie and he made Heidi sad and now he finally gets to be with Natalie." The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and now they are both out of the rankdown. 

MUSA COOPER

Musa IMDB

Musa Wikipedia

Image result for musa cooper

Musa was a dancer on Season 2. I think he was classified as a break dancer. He auditioned Season 1 I think and then made it to the show on Season 2. Musa was an amazing soloist and had a handful of signature moves. Musa was paired with Natalie during the voting rounds, and they and Allison/Ivan were the "hip-hop guy + contemporary girl" trope for that year. Musa and Natalie had a strong connection (lol) and were fairly popular with the voting public. They avoided the bottom 3 up until Top 12 week where half of the cast is up for elimination. It was after dancing a Dan Karaty Hip-Hop duet, and while I think Dan is a smart and insightful person, I plan to be voting often for his routines in my Worst Routine Ever thread once we get to the early seasons. Unfortunately for Musa, he wasn't able to save himself (mostly because he was up against judge favorites, Travis and Dmitry). I'm still not quite sure why they kept Dmitry over Musa. I know Mary loves ballroom and Dmitry was tall and fit, but Benji and Heidi had good ballroom coverage that season and Musa was certainly tall and fit. I think it's because Mary Murphy knew she was choreographing during Top 10 week and wanted to choreograph for Dmitry. Anyway, Musa missing out Top 10 meant missing out on a pairing with Donyelle and on Ramalama. Also, we never got to see Musa apart from Natalie which is kind of a shame. They were definitely the sexy couple of Season 2, and I think their best dance was their disco. Their contemporary was also good, but Tovaris Wilson is just not my taste. Here are the dances for your consideration:

RYAN RANKINE

Ryan was also on Season 2. He is a contemporary dancer who was paired with Heidi for the voting rounds, despite his cringy obsession with Natalie that made Heidi feel kind of bad and made me feel awkward. Aside from Natalie, Ryan's storyline involved being told that he lacked personality. I think he and Heidi were a mismatch personality-wise, but they did their best and both made the Top 10 with 2 bottom 3 appearances. They first danced a Viennese Waltz and were safe and then danced a tragic "Pop" routine and were rightfully in the bottom 3. Of course, it was Season 2 so there was plenty of fodder to prevent them from going home, despite the fact that they seemed to desperately want to be paired with other people. Week 3 they danced a Cuban Rumba (their best routine), then week 4 they did another tragic hip-hop and had to dance for their lives again. They were safe during Top 12 week after dancing a cha cha. I was very surprised they were safe not because the cha cha was bad but because they were up against huge personalities and power couples. Anyway, at Top 10 Ryan was paired with Allison and they danced an impressive Mia Michaels contemporary piece together, but were overshadowed by Heidi doing the Bench routine. The week after that Ryan was finally paired with Natalie but their partnership didn't have any chemistry, didn't live up to the hype, and Ryan went home. Nowadays, Ryan is still dancing and teaches dance.

10 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

I mean all of the dancers that went home this round had superior routines to her one ballroom showcase routine

Which itself was only memorable because of Pasha taking his clothes off.

2 hours ago, sublymonal said:

lol I thought Serge was for sure gonna be saved but I’m not complaining

I thought he would have been saved too. I was super close to saving him. It was a hard decision on my end. :(

1 hour ago, *Diana said:
:dead:

I am actually so proud of you Andrew, you nominated a man.

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

How many saves is Cristina up to now? :dead: 

Should be 6 now. :haha:

58 minutes ago, Elliott said:

We have been. 😘

Melinda ain't it tho.

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

If you want me to stop saving Cristina put her against dancers better than her 😘

56 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

I mean all of the dancers that went home this round had superior routines to her one ballroom showcase routine

I barely remember Showcase routines but her Jazz and Paso Doble were really good, and proved she should have lasted longer than she did. 

• Like 2