idolforums.com
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

Kourtni Lind & Matt Dorame

S4_Matt_Dorame.jpgS4_Kourtni_Lind.jpg

VMn2A.gif

Since I wasn’t able to nominate most of my last round of nominees because of going back to back, I figured it would have been a cute and fun idea to cut a couple this round since we have to do two write-ups, soooo I can do two write-ups for the price of one and get to talk about Kourtni & Matt together. 😛

Kourtni Lind is a Contemporary dancer from Forest Lake, Minnesota and Matt Dorame is also a Contemporary dancer but from Glendale, Arizona. They were both on Season 4 and partnered together that season. They were known as a Team Tall partnership, and as a fellow tall person myself, I liked them for that reason - even though they weren’t a huge favorite of mine overall. Actually, I think I remember Kourtni being a big favorite/frontrunner on the auditions/Vegas stages of the show. I can’t remember what it was for Matt though. Let’s get to their dances…. which were a Mandy Moore Jazz to “Tainted Love,”a Jean-Marc Généreux Foxtrot to “A Foggy Day (In London Town),” a Sonya Tayeh Contemporary to “Wrestlers (Sicky Dirty Pop Mix),” Cicely & Olisa Hip-Hop to “How Do I Breathe” and a Alex Da Silva Mambo to “Ban Con Tim.” They lasted 4 weeks and made it to the Top 14 portion of the competition. They landed in the Bottom 3 - 3 out of 4 times, on Top 20, Top 18 and Top 14 weeks where they were both eliminated, so clearly they weren’t popular and didn’t connect with the viewers as a partnership. The only week they were safe was with their Contemporary which was easily their best dance, although I liked their Jazz and Foxtrot. I thought their Hip-Hop and Mambo were really bad so it was understandable for them to be eliminated that week.

Here is my favorite dance of theirs, their Contemporary:

Matt and Kourtni had the first appearance of Sonya Tayeh and the last appearance of Cisely & Olisa. 

ALSO Matt and Kourtni missed the last appearance of Alex Da Silva by one week. Season 4 was truly a transition season for choreographers.

And giving 2 contemporary dancers Cicely & Olisa and Alex Da Silva in one week and then eliminating them... a legendary bus for the history books.

I liked Matt & Kourtni, but it was clear that they were cast as fodder and considering she was up against Comfort and Courtney that week, stood no chance.

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Matt and Kourtni had the first appearance of Sonya Tayeh and the last appearance of Cisely & Olisa. 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

ALSO Matt and Kourtni missed the last appearance of Alex Da Silva by one week. Season 4 was truly a transition season for choreographers.

And giving 2 contemporary dancers Cicely & Olisa and Alex Da Silva in one week and then eliminating them... a legendary bus for the history books.

Ooh lol I love all of these fun facts you're providing. Thanks for all of this. :haha: I think i remember this was Sonya's first routine on the show but I forgot over the years.

LMAOO yesss that was such a total bus - but they were due for a Hip-Hop.

56 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I liked Matt & Kourtni, but it was clear that they were cast as fodder and considering she was up against Comfort and Courtney that week, stood no chance.

Wasn't Comfort in the Bottom 3 as much as Kournti come Top 14? I thought it could have been either of them going - but I understand the judges eliminating Kourtni because Kourtni & Thayne would have been such an awkward partnership with her being way taller than him. :haha:

Yep. Kourtni and Comfort were both there for Top 18, 16 and 14. Each time Comfort was saved by the judges, it was over someone (Susie/Chelsea/Kourtni) who had been in the B3 the same amount of times as her. :haha:

I meant moreso because Comfort was their only hip-hop female, whereas Kourtni was one of five contemporary/jazz females in the top 14. 

Edited by Elliott

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Yep. Kourtni and Comfort were both there for Top 18, 16 and 14. Each time Comfort was saved by the judges, it was over someone (Susie/Chelsea/Kourtni) who had been in the B3 the same amount of times as her. :haha:

I meant moreso because Comfort was their only hip-hop female, whereas Kourtni was one of five contemporary/jazz females in the top 14. 

Kourtni was there Top 20/18/14* but ahhh I didn't think about that fact regarding Comfort and the other girls but that makes sense.

Ah yes, didn't think of that but that makes a lot of sense there.

Then Chelsea was 18/16 but my point still stands. :P

Just now, sublymonal said:

Save Robert

I knew I could count on you.

Is anyone keeping track of who's been saved the most so far? Robert/Cristina must be up there.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Then Chelsea was 18/16 but my point still stands. :P

Ooh I know. I wasn't arguing that. :haha:

40 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Is anyone keeping track of who's been saved the most so far? Robert/Cristina must be up there.

Oooh I wish  I kept track of this. Those two for sure gotta be up there. I know Marissa got saved a lot too (mainly from me lol).

Nominations:

Jessi Peralta

Jonathan Platero
Maksim "Max" Kapitannikov

Evan Kasprzak

Jordan Casanova

Audrey Case
Matthew Kazmierczak

Marcquet Hill

Since when is Tate a singer, and why is she trying to be discount Billie Eilish?????? 

Edited by Elliott

Oh snap we can embed Spotify here too. :wtf:

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Since when is Tate a singer, and why is she trying to be discount Billie Eilish?????? 

LOL I was looking at this playlist and was wondering why you were posting a Billie Eilish playlist here, before I saw you saying the same thing. :haha: :dead: 

If DWTS Juniors was around and Tate were to be a contestant on there, I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled a MacKenzie and joined the show as a "singer." :giggle: