Jump to content
idolforums.com
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

Recommended Posts

Kourtni Lind & Matt Dorame

 

S4_Matt_Dorame.jpgS4_Kourtni_Lind.jpg

 

VMn2A.gif

 

Since I wasn’t able to nominate most of my last round of nominees because of going back to back, I figured it would have been a cute and fun idea to cut a couple this round since we have to do two write-ups, soooo I can do two write-ups for the price of one and get to talk about Kourtni & Matt together. 😛

 

Kourtni Lind is a Contemporary dancer from Forest Lake, Minnesota and Matt Dorame is also a Contemporary dancer but from Glendale, Arizona. They were both on Season 4 and partnered together that season. They were known as a Team Tall partnership, and as a fellow tall person myself, I liked them for that reason - even though they weren’t a huge favorite of mine overall. Actually, I think I remember Kourtni being a big favorite/frontrunner on the auditions/Vegas stages of the show. I can’t remember what it was for Matt though. Let’s get to their dances…. which were a Mandy Moore Jazz to “Tainted Love,”a Jean-Marc Généreux Foxtrot to “A Foggy Day (In London Town),” a Sonya Tayeh Contemporary to “Wrestlers (Sicky Dirty Pop Mix),” Cicely & Olisa Hip-Hop to “How Do I Breathe” and a Alex Da Silva Mambo to “Ban Con Tim.” They lasted 4 weeks and made it to the Top 14 portion of the competition. They landed in the Bottom 3 - 3 out of 4 times, on Top 20, Top 18 and Top 14 weeks where they were both eliminated, so clearly they weren’t popular and didn’t connect with the viewers as a partnership. The only week they were safe was with their Contemporary which was easily their best dance, although I liked their Jazz and Foxtrot. I thought their Hip-Hop and Mambo were really bad so it was understandable for them to be eliminated that week.

 

Here is my favorite dance of theirs, their Contemporary:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt and Kourtni had the first appearance of Sonya Tayeh and the last appearance of Cisely & Olisa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ALSO Matt and Kourtni missed the last appearance of Alex Da Silva by one week. Season 4 was truly a transition season for choreographers.

 

And giving 2 contemporary dancers Cicely & Olisa and Alex Da Silva in one week and then eliminating them... a legendary bus for the history books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Matt & Kourtni, but it was clear that they were cast as fodder and considering she was up against Comfort and Courtney that week, stood no chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Matt and Kourtni had the first appearance of Sonya Tayeh and the last appearance of Cisely & Olisa. 

 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

ALSO Matt and Kourtni missed the last appearance of Alex Da Silva by one week. Season 4 was truly a transition season for choreographers.

 

And giving 2 contemporary dancers Cicely & Olisa and Alex Da Silva in one week and then eliminating them... a legendary bus for the history books.

Ooh lol I love all of these fun facts you're providing. Thanks for all of this. :haha: I think i remember this was Sonya's first routine on the show but I forgot over the years.

 

LMAOO yesss that was such a total bus - but they were due for a Hip-Hop.

 

56 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I liked Matt & Kourtni, but it was clear that they were cast as fodder and considering she was up against Comfort and Courtney that week, stood no chance.

Wasn't Comfort in the Bottom 3 as much as Kournti come Top 14? I thought it could have been either of them going - but I understand the judges eliminating Kourtni because Kourtni & Thayne would have been such an awkward partnership with her being way taller than him. :haha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Kourtni and Comfort were both there for Top 18, 16 and 14. Each time Comfort was saved by the judges, it was over someone (Susie/Chelsea/Kourtni) who had been in the B3 the same amount of times as her. :haha:
 

I meant moreso because Comfort was their only hip-hop female, whereas Kourtni was one of five contemporary/jazz females in the top 14. 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Yep. Kourtni and Comfort were both there for Top 18, 16 and 14. Each time Comfort was saved by the judges, it was over someone (Susie/Chelsea/Kourtni) who had been in the B3 the same amount of times as her. :haha:
 

I meant moreso because Comfort was their only hip-hop female, whereas Kourtni was one of five contemporary/jazz females in the top 14. 

Kourtni was there Top 20/18/14* but ahhh I didn't think about that fact regarding Comfort and the other girls but that makes sense.

 

Ah yes, didn't think of that but that makes a lot of sense there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then Chelsea was 18/16 but my point still stands. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sublymonal said:

Save Robert

 


I knew I could count on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone keeping track of who's been saved the most so far? Robert/Cristina must be up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Then Chelsea was 18/16 but my point still stands. :P

Ooh I know. I wasn't arguing that. :haha:

 

40 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Is anyone keeping track of who's been saved the most so far? Robert/Cristina must be up there.

Oooh I wish  I kept track of this. Those two for sure gotta be up there. I know Marissa got saved a lot too (mainly from me lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nominations:

 

Jessi Peralta

Jonathan Platero
Maksim "Max" Kapitannikov

Evan Kasprzak

Jordan Casanova

Audrey Case
Matthew Kazmierczak

Marcquet Hill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when is Tate a singer, and why is she trying to be discount Billie Eilish?????? 

Edited by Elliott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh snap we can embed Spotify here too. :wtf:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Since when is Tate a singer, and why is she trying to be discount Billie Eilish?????? 

LOL I was looking at this playlist and was wondering why you were posting a Billie Eilish playlist here, before I saw you saying the same thing. :haha: :dead: 

 

If DWTS Juniors was around and Tate were to be a contestant on there, I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled a MacKenzie and joined the show as a "singer." :giggle: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...