idolforums.com
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

JANAYA FRENCH

AGF-l7-_MEtHKEXgOIlyOie9SExMNm7nR3MDaojS

Janaya French is a contemporary dancer from season 9, who was eliminated in the first elimination of the season alongside Alexa Anderson. Witney Carson was saved over them, which is weird to think about in retrospect considering Witney Carson is a queen. Anyway, she was partnered with stepper Brandon Mitchell and they did two routines together - a lyrical hip-hop to Take Care that was basically lesser Dead and Gone, and a Broadway to Bring On the Men. She was pretty good in the Broadway, but her elimination was expected and not that undeserved based off that bottom three. Though I thought of the three girls, she had the best set of routines so far, but I obviously didn't want her staying over Witney. Post-show, she's been successful in the dance community, and was even a part of Maks and Val's tour at one point.

SAVE: Ariana Crowder

Edited by Elliott

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Amanda having to relearn our usernames to constantly tag us now that they're changed.

• Haha 1

Can it just be a write-up on Lacey that ends at Top 10 week? :unsure:

Ooh I think I had a write-up on Kameron when I cut him and then changed my mind earlier in the game.... but I don't remember if I still have it. :dead: 

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

a lyrical hip-hop to Take Care that was basically lesser Dead and Gone

Riiiiiight?? 

Janaya is also one of the few contestants where we never got to see her solo at any point in the competition. 

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Janaya is also one of the few contestants where we never got to see her solo at any point in the competition. 

At least she was the first(-ish) boot, compared to some people that have made it to the Top 10 without ever doing a solo. 😐 /still bitter

52 minutes ago, Elliott said:

At least she was the first(-ish) boot, compared to some people that have made it to the Top 10 without ever doing a solo. 😐 /still bitter

Lol that was such a mess with how that happened. :dead:

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol that was such a mess with how that happened. :dead:

It's okay, 2018 Rankdown Top 20 Contestant Nico Greetham did a shirtless solo on tour to make up for it ❤️

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

2018 Rankdown Top 20 Contestant Nico Greetham 

You love reminding us about this. :dead: 

15 minutes ago, gabegir45 said:

giphy.gif

7WesoHU.jpg?1

Kameron Bink (Top 10, Season 3)

I actually liked some of Kameron's routines and would have been fine with him staying, but I'm not about to cut Queer Queen, Ariana DeBose so let's talk about Kameron's journey. He's was paired with IDF darling, Lacey Schwimmer from the beginning of the season. Lacey was also a fan-favourite before they'd even danced a step because of her brother, so naturally her and Kameron were seen as a power couple and back during Season 3, we voted for couples so it was expected that they would both sail through to the Top 10, so long as they had decent routines and they did have a few. Lacey was definitely better when it came to their ballroom routines, but in Week 1 they had a Mia Michaels Contemporary that is still my favourite of their routines together.

Despite the fact that neither of them were Contemporary dancers by background, they faired well and the strength of this routine was a sign that they might live up to the promise of Benji's legacy. In Week 2, they danced a Tyce Diorio Broadway to "All That Jazz" that got rave reviews. I remember thinking Lacey stood out more in that routine than Kameron, but either way, it was clear that they were becoming one of the partnerships to watch. In Week 3, they were saddled with the "dreaded" Quickstep, but Lacey's ballroom background helped and the popularity of them as a couple kept them out of the bottom yet again.

In Week 4, they danced first and danced a Doriana Sanchez Hustle. Again, they did well with this routine and had good chemistry, which is why they worked so well as a pair. Then in their last week together, they danced a Dan Karaty hip-hop. I don't really like Dan Karaty's style of hip-hop, so this was probably my least favourite of their routines, but they were very clear favourites by that point, so they sailed through to the Top 10.

It became clear, once Lacey and Kameron were separated, that the judges were more enamoured with her since, in their first routines apart, Lacey got "Hip Hip Chin Chin" with Danny, which was one of the best routines that season, while Kameron had a contemporary with Sabra that was fine but not all together memorable. That, plus going second, meant Kameron was in the Bottom 4 and up against fan and judge favourite Dominic, so he was the easy cut.

All-in-all, I like Kameron. I think he was a fine partner for Lacey. But I also see why, when they were separated, he was axed and she made the finale (even if it was only in fourth... excuse me while I side-eye all of America at the same time).

Save: Ariana DeBose

We need to talk about you not ranking Parvati first in your signature. 😐

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

LOL at least it's not as bad as Kelly Monaco's title. :lmao: 

26 minutes ago, Elliott said:

We need to talk about you not ranking Parvati first in your signature. 😐

LOL at least she's there though. :lmao:

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL at least it's not as bad as Kelly Monaco's title. :lmao: 

Because she hasn’t made the top twenty yet. 😭

Hopefully it's nothing that's time sensitive because Andrew and I are driving to see Willam tomorrow and won't be around in the late afternoon and evening.

rupauls drag race hair flip GIF

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Everyone having new usernames. :dead:

Now I'm curious as to whether @sublymonal has any plans. In my head I say his username as subbly (like bubbly) and not how it's intended.

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Now I'm curious as to whether @sublymonal has any plans. In my head I say his username as subbly (like bubbly) and not how it's intended.

It's pronounced subliminal. :haha: And he told me he doesn't plan on changing it.

Edited by Elliott

YouTube just recommended I watch a Caitlin Kinney tribute video, so the only logical solution is that we burn YouTube.

CYCLE 4: THE SAVE

giphy.gif

As we all know, for a good portion of the competition (sometimes, till Top 6 week which is just obnoxious) the judges get to choose who to save out of the bottom 2/3 guys and girls while the ones they don't save are eliminated from the competition. For this cycle, each ranker will nominate a group of dancers that the other 6 rankers will choose to save.

CYCLE RULES

1. When it is their turn to nominate, each ranker will nominate 8 dancers.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the remaining rankers will choose 1 dancer they want to save.

3. The two dancers not saved will be cut and the nominator will be responsible for doing their write-ups.

4. You cannot nominate anyone saved in the round prior to yours.

5. This is the last cycle that immunities are in play. You also cannot nominate the dancers that were granted immunity.

6. You have 24 hours to post your save. If you don't, the nominator gets to decide the save in your place.

NOMINATION ORDER

tTfuL8Y.png

1. @*Wallace

2. @Elliott

3. @Deeee

4. @*Diana

5. @reimaldonado

6. @FrogLenzen

7. @sublymonal

Wally will start us off with his nominations whenever he's ready!