idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Amanda

SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

I had the bring back planned long before the Chelsie cut happened. :haha: 

The rules were just reflected to say "Anyone who brings Chelsie Hightower back will make all the decisions for the remainder of the rankdown." :giggle:

3 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

The rules were just reflected to say "Anyone who brings Chelsie Hightower back will make all the decisions for the remainder of the rankdown." :giggle:

:dead: 

6 minutes ago, gabegir45 said:

CYCLE 4: BRING BACK ROUND

As already hinted, this round we will bring dancers back!

THE RULES

1. When it is their turn, a ranker will bring back one eliminated dancer.
2. The dancer must be from the list below.

BRING BACK OPTIONS

1. Chelsie Hightower

2. Jacque LeWarne

3. Jessica Richens

4. Snow Urbin

5. Edson Juarez

6. Aleksandra Wojda

7. That's all

I found Amanda's notes

:dead: :dead:  :dead:

We still have one more cycle before bring backs. Those don't happen until the immunities have expired.

5 minutes ago, gabegir45 said:

We still have one more cycle before bring backs. Those don't happen until the immunities have expired.

peter griffin work GIF

- Me trying to figure out a set of nominations to make sure certain people don't get brought back

6 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

peter griffin work GIF

- Me trying to figure out a set of nominations to make sure certain people don't get brought back

:dead:

Vitolio Jeune

sD3qSfc.jpg

Vitolio Jeune is a contemporary dancer who participated in the 5th season of the show. Vitolio made the top 14 before being eliminated where he was paired with ballroom dancer Asuka Kondoh and contemporary dancer Karla Garcia. For the first three weeks, Vitolio got to dance three routines along Asuka. A Tyce broadway, a Louis Van Amstel waltz and a Mandy Moore jazz. The broadway and jazz were pretty bad but the waltz was lovely and it even got a reprise during the finale. 

The couple found themselves in the bottom 3 where Asuka was cut and Vitolio was partnered with Karla. The following week they would dance a Jean Marc quickstep that I've always found extremely underrated and I believe they shouldn't have found themselves in the bottom.

After hitting the bottom 3 a third time, Vitolio was ultimately cut in favor of Jason and Phillip which was probably the right choice. Here are also some of Vitolio's solos:

Overall, Vitolio is a dancer that I didn't really care about that season as I was all about the girls and Brandon. But I do love his quickstep so he will always have that. Vitolio seems to be still dancing and has a lovely wife and cute kid so kudos to him.

Saving Melinda Sullivan 

Lol I meant to save Melissa :haha:

i like Melinda too though :wub:

1 minute ago, reimaldonado said:

Lol I meant to save Melissa :haha:

i like Melinda too though :wub:

#fail :haha:

Melinda's been appearing on Disney's Encore! as a choreographer and I am living for it :wub:

Missy Morelli (Season 😎

340?cb=20180825174338

Missy Morelli should have been eliminated forever ago. Missy was not robbed. Both of her dances sucked. Missy was one out of 75689 Jazz/Contemporary women casted for Season 8. So what did we really lose when Missy was eliminated from the show? Nothing. Considering Season 8 would have continued to be a flaming pile of trash regardless. Missy partnered with Wadi and danced a really frantic and messy Pop Jazz to the iconic "Judas" during the first week. Missy and Wadi were safe, which I guess is fair. But the judges pulled that no elimination move to save their favorite dancers, which really screwed Missy in the end. The following week, Missy danced a disastrous Cha Cha with Wadi. This routine landed her in the bottom, and of course Missy was not going to survive over producer pet, Ryan Ramirez. At least Missy was allowed to go on tour. The end.

SAVING: Robert Green (Season 14)

LMAO I was beyond confused on who Rei was saving there. :lmao: 

Wait I'm confused... does Melissa still need to be saved now? If so, then

Cut Evan

Save Melissa

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

@FrogLenzen - Melissa does not need to be saved. 

lol This. :giggle: 

But #bless @ the Evan cut.

EVAN DEBENEDETTO

Evan was a tap dancer on Season 15. He originally auditioned for Season 14 and was picked to be on Gaby's team during callbacks. Unfortunately, he was up against Lex, which was slightly questionable as I mentioned in my Lex reaction post, because Evan had an absolutely killer audition (from what was showed) but there was literally no way Gaby would have picked him over Lex no matter what Evan did. I was rooting for him to be cast in Season 15, because a lot of times people who get to the end of one audition cycle get continually ignored in later seasons. Thankfully he was cast as one of the Top 5 guys that season. I thought he was an interesting dancer, and while tap is not my favorite he brought something different to his contemporary work compared to what we usually see. He was paired with Chelsea Hough and they had an unsuccessful partnership. The first week they danced a jazz and a tap routine (every contestant had one dance in their own style).  Chelsea was a trooper for attempting the tap but at the end of the day it kind of made Evan and the choreographer have to sacrifice a bit to make the routine work. I am pissed that Anthony Mor[spelling] didn't try to do something like a broadway routine with tap features in it. Something like Tara-Jean and Everett did on Canada Season 2. IDK, I feel like there was a solution to the problem that didn't involve leaving Chelsea in the dust and then running her over with a bus. Anyway, that kind of tainted the partnership and they were in the bottom the week after for it and both went home (despite the beautiful "Snowing" piece, although Chelsea did more work in that than Evan). The tap routine aside, I feel like the jazz and hip-hop pieces they did revealed the true problem with the partnership, which was that Chelsea and Evan approached the dances differently and danced to different parts of the beat sometimes (someone was often ahead or behind the other). That was something I also noticed with partnerships like Genessy / Slavik and Gino / Stephanie. Anyway, Evan is obviously still dancing and his Instagram is full of shirtless pics and class videos (mostly from Kyle Hanagami's class). 

Save Melissa

Edited by FrogLenzen

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

That was something I also noticed with partnerships like Genessy / Slavik

adam sandler youre gonna die clown GIF

mah girl so so pretty omg i love this GIF

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

I think @reimaldonado's save is technically Melinda Sullivan since that's what he put in the actual write-up. Otherwise @FrogLenzen would need a new save.

Edited by jstxanothrxstory