Dee: 4/20

Diana: 4/20

Public: 4/20

Wally: 4/20

Derek: 5/20

Andrew: 19/20

Elliott: 19/20

REI

What a queen!!!! Thanks to this year's format Katee was able to make her way to the top 20 and I'm so happy about it. After being cut in like the first round or so to now being in the top 20 is quite the feat. I really don't understand the hatred she gets from Elliott some people, like seriously, what is wrong with perfection??? Katee slayed her entire run and is easily the strongest dancers of season 4, like no one came even close. Katee slayed in all genres and deliver standout after standout during the season. Lyrical hip hop, contemporary, samba, Paso Doble, pas de deux, broadway, lyrical jazz, bollywood are some of the styles Katee danced to perfection. The fact that she ended up in 3rd place below tWitch is just one of the worst outcomes ever. At least she got 50 k as a consolation prize cause production realized what a robbery it was. Katee is simply flawless and one of the greatest dancers to ever grace the Sytycd stage. I don't understand why she doesn't get the love that she deserves around her but at least she is here this time around. As for her run my favorite pieces from her were her lyrical hip hop, samba, contemporary, bollywood, Viennese waltz, Paso Doble, contemporary and lyrical jazz solos. I also love her Pas de deux with Will and contemporary with tWitch. I also love her solos and she was easily my favorite female soloist that season. She has only appeared as an all star once during season 7 to replace Allison after an injury, where she got to dance a broadway with Billy that is also one of my favorite broadways ever. I'm pretty sure Katee will be either Elliott's #20 or #19 but I'm trusting she will get high ranks from Dee and Diana and I also think Derek might like her a lot too so let's hope is enough for her to rank in the top 10. :wub:

DEE

4. Katee Shean (Season 4)

AllSecondaryBluegill-max-1mb.gif

DependableInsignificantAtlanticridleytur

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Remember when Katee told the producers that she would not come back to the show if they turned her away for her best friend - AKA emotionally manipulating her? BADASS ICON.

Remember when Katee was "secretly" awarded $50,000 in the season finale because she did so well that there was no justification for her to lose? BADASS ICON.

Katee Shean is a phenom. Honestly. I am so bothered that her partner for 80% of the competition is a piece of shit, but my feelings towards Katee will never be tainted. She kicked ass during Season 4 and cemented herself as quite possibly the greatest contestant in SYTYCD history. There is no reason I should let a piece of shit man ruin her hard work. Does it feel icky to discuss her time as a contestant? A bit, which makes me super sad because once upon a time that was my favorite SYTYCD partnership ever. But I ignore the blemish that is her partner and celebrate Katee Shean for the incredible dancer and legend that she is all on her own.

Katee killed the competition during Season 4. I loved her from the very moment that she auditioned. Such a gorgeous audition and a super memorable solo. I actually remember being at my grandfather's house when she auditioned for Season 4. Memories. ❤️ 

I loved Katee the moment she auditioned for the show, and just never stopped. I remember hating how the judges picked on her and ripped into her for not wanting to return to the show if she had been denied. There is nothing wrong with that, and I am glad Katee did not let the show manipulate her into being insincere with herself.

Of course the show knew better than to not cast her, which is why the question was stupid and a setup for drama. Ultimately, Katee got the last laugh. Because the bitch was flawless from jump. Katee has one of the most dominating runs in SYTYCD history.

Week One: "No Air"

Week Two: "All For the Best"

Week Three: "Baila, Baila"

Week Four: "Hometown Glory"

Week Five: "Dhoom Taana" "Iris"

Week Six: "Imagine"  + "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat"

Week Seven: "Mercy" + "Sweet Georgia Brown"

Week Eight: "All By Myself" + "Filet"

Week Nine: "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room"

Hip-Hop + Broadway + Samba + Contemporary + Bollywood + Viennese Waltz + Pas de deux + Broadway + Contemporary + Broadway + Contemporary + Paso Doble + Lyrical Jazz = Flawless f*cking run.

There are only three routines that I did not list above: West Coast Swing, Foxtrot, Broadway. Her West Coast Swing is maybe the only routine of hers that did not necessarily work. Her Foxtrot and finale Broadway are not bad routines, but they are not great. I mostly attribute these routines being lackluster because all of the Season 4 contestants were exhausted and in the hospital while rehearsing the routines for the finale. LOL.

But the variety of styles in her run is epic, and she pretty much nailed all of them with aplomb. Katee is just a sickening dancer that really perfects every single step of a dance. If you want to see dance perfection, look no further than Katee. Just the true definition of a powerhouse and a workhorse. 

Katee deserved to win the season for having to dance four Tyce Diorio Broadway routines and somehow making all of them interesting. LOL. "All For The Best" is the best Tyce Diorio Broadway routine ever thanks to Katee. She deserved the title for putting up with that much bullshit. LOL. 

Besides nailing every single routine with perfection and building what might be the most dominant résumé in SYTYCD history, Katee delivered six of the most iconic routines in the show's history. 

"No Air," "Hometown Glory," "Dhoom Taana," "Imagine," "Mercy," and "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" are all magical moments in the history of SYTYCD. All six of these moments felt important and feel ingrained as important moments in the show's timeline in my heart. Katee did so much good for this show, which is why her third place finish feels so underwhelming. That is why the money she received felt absolutely essential, as she really changed the landscape of the show and set a very high standard of expectation for the contestants that would follow in her footsteps.

Katee only returned once to the show as an All-Star, and she only did so as a replacement due to an injury. She really moved on from the show and dove into her career, which has included working as a dancer for artists such as Taylor Swift for many years. 

So happy to see the career she has built for herself. I always knew Katee would find success in the dance world. She is so incredibly gifted and one of my all-time faves. I know that Andrew and Elliott will tank her, but I am happy to give her such a high ranking and work against their buffoonery. ❤️ 

AMANDA

Everyone knows that I was more of a Marksie + Courtney fan in season 4, but I do love Katee and think she's amazing. It's unfortunate that the guy that she danced with for 90% of the competition is trash now, but I try my best to separate him from Katee's performance on the show. Because Katee delivered so many great moments. "No Air", "Baila Baila", "Hometown Glory", "Dhoom Taana", "Imagine", "Mercy", "All By Myself", and "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" are all highlights of the season and some of the greatest routines from the show. She also had really solid routines with "All for the Best", "Iris", and "Filet". Katee really displayed an amazing amount of versatility and consistency, so it's easy to see why she ended up placing as the top female of her season and has so many fans. Like I said, Katee isn't my favorite from her season, but I really appreciate what she brought to the season as a whole. Also, it's impressive her fans got her to #3 despite the pair of 19 rankings from Andrelliott.

WALLY

Katee Shean - Season 4, 3rd Place

tumblr_nc6fuuaeHW1tl55k8o1_400.gifv

As you all know i was a huge fan of Season 4 and I do love Katee and consider her one of my favorites of that season even if I am not too vocal about it. but I will give Katee my #4 spot.

Katee is a Contemporary dancer from Season 4 and was the last woman standing placing 3rd on her season. Her partnership with Joshua was definitely an iconic and one of the best partnerships on the show. They had so many outstanding dances the first half of the season with dances such as their Lyrical Hip-Hop, Broadway, Samba, Contemporary and Bollywood - all routines i really loved. Katee continued to impress and deliver more strong dances I loved such as her: Broadway & Pas de deus with William, Contemporary with tWitch, Contemporary, Paso Doble & Lyrical Jazz with Joshua.

Katee finished 3rd which I was fine with her doing. I am sure others would have wanted a higher finish but I wasn’t too bothered. Katee is fantastic but while so I do feel like her journey on the season was a little too easy for her especially the second half of it. She had a slew of lyrical type dances and not one hard hitting Hip-Hop dance so that annoyed me (while Courtney’s run was much more diverse). But i won’t let that affect my ranking.

DEREK

LOVE KATEE. Thank you to Rei and Dee for getting her here. Katee was so good that when she lost Season 4, they decided to give her $50,000 just for being amazing.

Katee and Joshua were one of the most dominant couples the show has ever seen. Maybe second only to Benji and Donyelle. The amazing thing about those two partnerships is that I don't think the producers expected it. Benji wasn't even cast in the Top 20 initially and Nigel thought giving him Donyelle would get rid of him. WRONG. Katee on the other hand, had that super duper weird (and borderline abusive) storyline for the Green Mile in Vegas Week where she said she wouldn't necessarily audition for Season 5 and the judges flipped out and pretended that it was the worst sin in the world. [Side-note, now I'm remembering Natalie Reid who is one of the auditionees that was done the most dirty, like why did they not want her on the show, it makes no sense ahhhhhhhh at least she's a Rockette now. Suck it, SYTYCD]

So yeah, Katee makes it to the live shows with that immense baggage and manages to pull out No Air and erasing all bad will she had with the judges or any audience member. I think the producers were expecting Twitch and Kherington to be the power couple that season, but Katee and Joshua steamrolled them and everyone else. No Air. Broadway. Samba. Hometown Glory. Viennese Waltz. The very first and best Bollywood. Iconic iconic iconic iconic iconic iconic.

Then in the Top 10 she was paired with Will and got the Desmond & Dwight piece. Stop it. The Door routine by Mia Michaels. Iconic. Tyce contemporary. Amazing. The second half of the season Katee got a lot of genres in her wheelhouse, but I can forgive that because as a whole she danced out of her style much more than other dancers over the years. By the end of the season she pulled out samba, West Coast Swing, Viennese Waltz, Paso Doble, Bollywood, hip-hop, and foxtrot, and they were all respectable or amazing IMO. That's not even counting group routines (like Melissa S. mentioned on her season hahahaha). Her finale duet with Joshua by Wade is an underrated treasure.

Katee is one of the all-time greats. She came back as an All Star on Season 7 after Allison got injured and danced a broadway with Billy Bell. That was a treat for me as a huge Billy and Katee stan. I wish she came back even more!!! Love love love Katee.

EMMYS:

Katee danced with Twitch in "Mercy" by Mia Michaels, nominated in S4

ANDREW

I probably like Katee more than Tiffany, since I liked her partnership with [redacted] during Season 4, but I also know that Elliott and I are probably the only rankers who will rank her low, so I’m doing this to try and avoid having her win since she’s one of my least favourites of this list. That being said, Katee had some great routines during her run. I’m sure Dee will post videos and go into more detail, but her Lyrical Hip-hop, Mia Contemporary, Bollywood, Paso and Lyrical Jazz with [redacted] are what makes them one of the great partnerships of the series (despite what my husband says). I also liked her Broadway with Will and her Contemporary with Twitch and, honestly, I sort of expected her and [redacted] to be the Top 2 that season, even if Twitch and Courtney were my personal favourites from that Top 4. See, I’m the reasonable one in this marriage!

ELLIOTT

I would say this was another petty ranking (which it is), but it's also where I'd have ranked Katee anyway. Hated her run on the show, both with domestic abuser J*shua Allen and without him. Is she one of my least favourite contestants ever? Most definitely. Did I try and get her cut repeatedly during this rankdown, only to clearly fail miserably? Seems that way. Katua is always lauded as one of the best partnerships from the show, but I thought they were horrendous. I hated everything they did. They might be my least favourite notable partnership (next to Brandette). I'm glad we've only had to suffer through Katee as an all star twice, one of which was just to fill in for Allison Holker due to an injury. Swapping Allison for Katee? The definition of a downgrade. Anyway that's 100 words so I can move on now. BYE FELICIA.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Elliott

Jasmine Harper in the top two????

flawless fashion GIF

• Like 1

Top three for Katee. :wub:

Andrew & I causing Kathryn to lose last time and Katee to place out of the top two this time?

All Stars Season 4 Episode 404 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

So is the winner the contestant who didn't have a good hip-hop or the contestant who didn't have a good ballroom? :shifty: Stay tuned! 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

So is the winner the contestant who didn't have a good hip-hop or the contestant who didn't have a good ballroom? :shifty: Stay tuned! 

Lacey didn’t have a good hip hop?

girl bye !

• Like 1

This Top 2..... WOW. WOW. WOOW. WOOOOOOW. Wowwowowowoowowowwow.

I love Katee to death. But This Top 2 is everything I ever wanted in life.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Lacey didn’t have a good hip hop?

girl bye !

Did she? :unsure: If it was with Kameron, that explains it, because I don't remember a single thing they did together. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

I mean it’s good but she also danced SO VERY LITTLE

Still not over this Top 2. Amazing. Outrageous.

we did it wow GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

ANDREW

1. Paul

2. Neil

3. Kent

4. Slavik

6. Clarice

7. Pasha

8. Mark

9. Ellenore

10. Kiki