SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

That said, as someone who is occasionally petty, Jenna replying to people commenting on her posts saying that she didn't deserve Val by exclusively posting photos of her and Val kissing was a top tier power move that needs to be respected.

MAGDALENA "MAGDA" FIALEK

Magda was one of the two female ballroom dancers in the top ten of season 15, which means she was the best female ballroom dancer in the top ten of season 15. She was initially partnered with Darius Hickman, and the two of them were a solid, mature partnership. Their first week saw them take on a Travis Wall contemporary to Glass Heart Concerto and a Valentin Chmerkovskiy cha-cha to I Like It Like That. Unfortunately, not the Cardi B version. Glass Heart Concerto also won the best routine of the week in the lost Best Routine of S15 game, so choices were made. The second week saw them take on a Bollywood and a jazz. The Bollywood wasn't good, as expected, and the jazz was pretty meh, though it again was rated highly in the game. More choices continued to be made. For Magda's final week of the show, she and Darius took on a hip-hop to Killa, so clearly the fix was on, and a contemporary to Undertow. Undertow was another solid routine, but Killa was understandably bad. Not as bad as Cookin' was though. 😘 In the end, Magda polled significantly less than the remaining three girls, so she was eliminated. All things considered, I wasn't as big of a Magda fan as the rest of IDF was, but I don't harbour any ill feelings for her. I think she's a solid contestant and just got the short end of the stick since the judges were trying desperately to make J*nsen happen. Objectively I'd have put her in the top four.

SAVE: Jess LeProtto

Tadd Gadduang

tumblr_lob7b3kgn21qzwkuxo1_400.gifv

tumblr_lwya6t6F3q1qmdavgo7_250.gifv

I struggled on a few different people to cut here and it was a bit of a struggle but ultimately decided on Tadd. I know he’s liked by a number of people but there are also some bigger faves up there that I wanted to leave alone, so yeah sorry Tadd fans. And personally for me, I do like Tadd and would call myself a fan of his - although I’m not a huge fan / wouldn’t consider him a huge favorite of mine.

Tadd Gaduang is a B-Boy from Provo, Utah. He was partnered with Jordan Casanova throughout the first half of their run. They danced an African Jazz, Viennese Waltz, Hip-Hop, Smooth Waltz, Contemporary and Broadway together. Then they made it into the Top 10 and Tadd got to dance with All-Stars and fellow contestants. Top 10 night, he danced a Hip-Hop with Comfort….. which I can’t remember my thoughts on. Top 8 night he danced a Jazz with Lauren F and a Foxtrot with Caitlynn. On Top 6 night, he danced a Jazz with Ellenore and Broadway with Melanie. He got enough viewers votes to get into the finale where he dance a Hip-Hop with Joshua, Cha-Cha with Sasha, Jazz with Melanie and a Hip-Hop with Marko. Looking at his finale night showing, it wasn’t too strong but I think his Hip-Hops were his best dances. And I will never miss my chance to talk about how much of a hot mess that Cha-Cha was. 😛 But yeah, Tadd finished 4th overall behind Melanie, Sasha and Marko.

I would say my favorite dances from Tadd were his Viennese Waltz, Hip-Hop and Contemporary with Jordan, Jazz with Lauren F. and hmmm struggling on what else. I liked a number of his dances though. But his Contemporary with Jordan was def my favorite.

Saving: Clarice Ordaz

tumblr_lq6quhGHqq1qmdavgo1_400.gifv

CAITLYNN LAWSON

I'm in a meeting so this write-up won't be the prettiest, but oh well. I don't think it's any secret that I wasn't really a fan of Caitlynn in season 8 and was fine with her leaving when she did, so I'm cutting her this time around. She was originally with Mitchell Kelly in season 8, and they weren't really that memorable together. They had two nice contemporary routines, which was to be expected since they're both contemporary dancers, and she also had a nice lead-off moment with Robert Roldan the first week. In the finals, she danced with Pasha twice and made it to the Top 6. I would've preferred Jordan and Clarice sticking around over her. She dated Tadd for a while, but they broke up and now she's married.

SAVE: Aaron Turner

Caitlynn. :(:broken:  Love her but didn't have space to save her and Clarice, sadly.

But omgg i forgot Caitlynn & Tadd dated for awhile but now I remember how there was a bit of a fandom for them on here. Guess it's fitting for them to go back to back. :haha:  

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

But omgg i forgot Caitlynn & Tadd dated for awhile

Last I heard, Tadd and Pauline from S6 were dating now.

But Tadd never uses his social media and I don't follow her, so if they broke up, I wouldn't know.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Last I heard, Tadd and Pauline from S6 were dating now.

But Tadd never uses his social media and I don't follow her, so if they broke up, I wouldn't know.

Oooh whoaa that's one I never heard of before but veryy cool and interesting to learn. 😮 

Ashley Galvan (Season 7)

tumblr_m459jqMJGw1r1aobco1_400.gifv

Poor Ashley Galvan. She really received a raw deal when on the show. At least she is the final Buyback contestant standing in this Rankdown! 

Ashley is a Contemporary/Jazz dancer from Thousand Oaks, California. The city where my grandparents live, so it's always cool when contestants super close to home are cast on the show. I remember really loving Ashley through the audition process + Vegas week. Even more so than LoFro at the time. There was a ton of potential in Ashley to go far in the competition and rival LoFro for the title in my opinion. So sad that this potential was untapped due to unfortunate circumstances.

Ashley entered the competition the strongest of the women competitors (along with LoFro), and proceeded to dance...four Contemporary + Jazz routines in a row. Literally. "Freak" on Showcase Week. "For All We Know" with Neil on Week One. "Wonderful" with Mark on Week Two. "Cosmic Love" with Ade on Week Three.Then the judges started to critique Ashley for not showing much range and for her non-versatile run, as if she had any control over what routines she danced? As if Nigel did not assign her to those routines himself? LOL. 

Though it is true that Ashley really was not afforded the opportunity to show much range for most of her time in the competition. However, Ashley was an incredibly gifted dancer and at least danced very well in all of her Contemporary + Jazz routines. "Cosmic Love" of course being the best of the bunch and a highlight of that season. Truly a magnificent piece of choreography and a routine that really set Ashley up to go far in the competition. This routine and her performance helped her to escape the critiques against her range and whether or not she has ever experienced the feeling of love...LOLOLOLOLOL.

Week Four was finally when Ashley stepped out of her comfort zone. She danced the ninja-themed Hip-Hop "How Low" with Dominic, and then performed a Quickstep with the horrible Robert Roldan. While I do not appreciate the ninja theme whatsoever, I will say that Ashley at least danced well? The choreography and costuming and theme were horrible, but she showed promise in the style. Ashley also performed surprisingly well in the Quickstep, despite being partnered with a horrible Ballroom dancer. 

I think a competitor for LoFro really started to emerge, but she was unfortunately injured during rehearsals and had to withdraw from the competition. Ashley was set to dance a Rumba with Pasha, and who knows what she was supposed to dance with her contestant partner. Her exit from the competition was sad to see, and she was clearly torn up about this. IDK why Alex Wong was offered an opportunity to return, but not Ashley. JK. We know why.

Anyways. She has probably lasted far too long in this Rankdown by this point, but kudos to bringing her this far Derek. Sorry for eliminating her, but this seems more than overdue + fair.

SAVING: Hailee Payne (Season 12) 

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

IIRC Ashley was supposed to dance Disco with Robert that week. I remember Kathryn having to jump in and dance it when Ashley got injured.

Robert dancing with Kathryn and Allison (since this was when IDF loved Allison) in one week was what made him an IDF favourite during S7. :haha: 

On 2/9/2020 at 9:53 PM, *Amanda said:

Also, I'm interested to see what each season's finale would look like based the on this rankdown. So far, we have:

Season 13: Kida Burns, Ruby Castro, Jordan Nata'e Wandick, Tate McRae

Season 16: Bailey Muñoz, Gino Cosculluela, Mariah Russell, Ezra Sosa

Just realized we can add Season 15 now. It'd be Slavik, Magda, Genessy, Darius in that order.

UFRW45x.png

Since Diana's cut won't result in any winners, here is our updated winners chart. Congrats to Slavik Pustovoytov for winning season 15!

Also, an update on how IDF's season finales would play out:

Season 13: Kida Burns, Ruby Castro, Jordan Nata'e Wandick, Tate McRae

Season 15: Slavik Pustovoytov, Magda Fialek, Genessy Castillo, Darius Hickman

Season 16: Bailey Muñoz, Gino Cosculluela, Mariah Russell, Ezra Sosa

Edited by *Amanda