SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

*2018 Rankdown Top 18 Contestant Nico Greetham

You would remind us of this. :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

REI'S ROUND - RESULTS

The female dancer that has been eliminated is Jacque LeWarne

The male dancer that has been eliminated is Nico Greetham

@.Rei is responsible for their writeups.

@*Wallace is next to nominate.

Just bringing this over to the new page.

@*Wallace is ignoring me tagging him both in here and and in the DWTS redo. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

*2018 Rankdown Top 18 Contestant Nico Greetham

:dead: 

19 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Just bringing this over to the new page.

@*Wallace is ignoring me tagging him both in here and and in the DWTS redo. 🙂 

It's my day to ignore you. :wub: 

LOL I'm kidding. I wasn't intentionally ignoring you. 😛  I've been multi-tasking but I'll get to things shortly.

Men:

Emilio Dosal

Eddie "Neptune" Eskridge

Slavik Pustovoytov

Women:

Jenna Johnson

Megz Alfonso

Jessica "JJ" Rabone

Send your votes to Amanda.

Just kidding. But are you really not a Jenna fan? Doesn't seem to track with your other ballroom favorites.

12 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Men:

Emilio Dosal

Eddie "Neptune" Eskridge

Slavik Pustovoytov

Women:

Jenna Johnson

Megz Alfonso

Jessica "JJ" Rabone

Send your votes to Amanda.

smh 

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Cut Wally

:dead: 

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Just kidding. But are you really not a Jenna fan? Doesn't seem to track with your other ballroom favorites.

I like her (moreso now since i wsan't too big on her during S10) but I like pretty much everyone left right now (~shocker I know), but she's one of my lesser fave girls remaining.

14 hours ago, sublymonal said:

I see how it’s going to be from now on

Lol I could have made my noms sooooo much worse and pettier if I wanted to but I didn't. :lmao: I honestly just went with the people I least care about (although I was conflicted on two other guys and one other girl, which could have caused a worse reaction for some).

Nominating Jenna? Homophobia at its finest. 

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Nominating Jenna? Homophobia at its finest. 

You would have 6 years ago. 😛 

Just now, *Wallace said:

You would have 6 years ago. 😛 

that_was_then.jpg

WALLY'S ROUND - RESULTS

The male dancer that has been eliminated is Emilio Dosal

For the female dancers, there is a tie between JJ Rabone and Megz Alfonso. Wally will decide who is eliminated.

@*Wallace is responsible for both write-ups.

@Deeee is next to nominate.

Oooh alright. Choosing to eliminate JJ Rabone.

Front page is completely updated.

@.Rei owes me write-ups for Nico & Jacque

@*Wallace owes me write-ups for Emilio & JJ

@Deeee is free to nominate whenever he's ready

Emilio Dosal

Emilio11.png

AppropriateWetAstarte-size_restricted.gi

giphy.gif

I figured that Emilio Dosal would have been the male dancer eliminated from my round and well, I am fine with that. Emilio is a Popper dancer who was on Season 11, and he finished in the Top 10. Let’s go through Emilio’s routines.

On the Showcase episode, Emilio danced a Hip-Hop to “Nightshift” with Teddy, which was a routine i completely forgot about but I think I liked or really liked it - not sure how much though. Emilio was partnered with Bridget Whitman through the first half of the season and they were okay as a partnership - nothing too outstanding or memorable but they suited each other well. They danced a Hip-Hop to “Work,” a Jive to “Happy,” a Contemporary to “The Leaving Song” and a Jazz to “Long Road to Hell.” The only routine i really cared for here was their Contemporary which was definitely their standout dance. Then on Top 10 week, Emilio danced a Hip-Hop to “Get Low” with Jasmine Harper, which I loved and was Emilio’s other standout dance. Although TBH, he was great in that dance but my eyes were glued on Jasmine completely slaying that routine. :omg:

Personally, i like him but wasn’t ever that huge on him. I had bigger faves and preferred a number of contestants over him. I think he’s done well for having just two standout routines in his run and barely being targeted in the game. I will close this out with my two favorite dances of Emilio’s.

Jessica “JJ” Rabone

022c42dc9fe314eb02be6ac20ecf0885--season

wqPpcw.gif

I know this is my more ~controversial and unpopular opinion, so my apologies to the JJ fans for this cut. At this point of the game, I do honestly like all of the contestants remaining to a certain extent, but sadly for JJ she’s just amongst my lesser favorite girls remaining. But let’s discuss her run.

Jessica “JJ” Rabone is a House/Waacking dancer from Season 12’s Stage vs. Street Dancer. Is she the first House and/or Waacking dancer to ever be on the show?  I want to say so. On the showcase episode, JJ danced a Hip-Hop to “The Illest” with Megz and Neptune, a Jazz to “I’m So Sorry” with Marissa & Moises, a Jazz to “Restart” with Edson & Yorelis, an Argentine Tango to “Duo de Amor” with choreographer Leonardo Barrinouevo and a Jazz to “A Different Beat.” Sadly she had a rib injury on Top 10 week na d was not medically cleared to perform her routine and solo, so therefore she was automatically in the Bottom 4 and was eliminated. Ugh that was such a terrible way for her to go out. :( I think her dance would have been a Jazz with Mark Kanemura. But i’m not sure if that’s correct - so someone can correct me there.

JJ is one of those dancers where she is certainly beloved on here and a fan favorite here. I do like her and enjoyed her dancing on the show, but she never had that outstanding standout amazing routine that I really loved or blew me away on the show. I do feel like SYTYCD did a major disservice to her with the routines and choreography they gave her, as videos i have seen from her outside of the show were some really good dances. Hmmm I think my favorite dances from JJ were her Jazz’s to “I’m So Sorry” and “A Different Beat,” so I will link those.

I feel like "Duo De Amor" is often overlooked. Easily the best ballroom routine of the season, thanks largely to the fact that JJ got to dance it with Leonardo instead of Derek.

Imagine how awkward that routine would've been if she had to dance it with Derek.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh alright. Choosing to eliminate JJ Rabone.

:rolleyes: Of course