SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

Just now, *Amanda said:

All I'm saying is if you truly saw it coming, one of you would've given her safety. :ph34rwave: 

Lol I know. I'm not complaining about not giving her my save though. :haha:   

Just now, Elliott said:

But she's your third favourite dancer of all time, and Allison is already gone?

hilarious the hangover GIF

Since when do you ever use logic? 😘 

But Jeanine is one of my favorites I never worry about in this game. :dead:  I understand since it's just a game. But yeah having lost Allison, I've been through the wire and big time heartbreak already. :haha:  

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Let me rephrase that: Wally cutting Zendaya was shocking. Diana cutting Jeanine was not shocking.

And I wasn't one of the people partaking in the meltdown in this thread. :haha: 

The final cut that is still talked about til this day. 😢 I will never be able to top it. :dead:  

3 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I shouldn't even have made the comparison. LOL. :rolleyes: 

Ooh i was just joking around with you about that. I don't mind the comparison :haha:

Updated list:

Ivan Koumaev

Neil Haskell

Lacey Schwimmer

Pasha Kovalev

Stephen "tWitch" Boss

Courtney Galiano

Mark Kanemura

Ellenore Scott

Lauren Froderman
Witney Carson

DuShaunt "Fik-Shun" Stegall

Jasmine Harper

Aaron Turner

Paul Karmiryan

Gaby Diaz

Jaja Vankova

Koine Iwasaki

Kiki Nyemchek

Let me start by saying that this is not a petty cut. I'm not trying to punish anyone by doing this, although some of your questionable opinions do make this easier lmao. So I usually don't shade dancers too much in my write-ups because... like... they are real people and they may actually read this one day??? So like, why be rude about it? But for this write-up I'm going to try to get in character as my nastier/immature 2008 self and try to channel some of the energy that y'all have been giving out in this game. 

COURTNEY GALIANO

I applied for the rankdown for many reasons, but the number one reason was to prevent Courtney from making the Top 20. There is evidence of this in my original application to Amanda. Having her picture on the front page as the original rankdown winner still makes me confused. Was there some sort of deal with the devil? Did everyone else get cut early? Was she just the least controversial? How could she win over all the other amazing dancers in this show?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Courtney. She is such a nice person. She is so strong with what she's going through with her condition. She is one of the all-time most gorgeous women to ever be on the show. She now is married (to Ben Platt's brother) and has a beautiful child and I wish her the best.

BUT

I just never in a million years place her in my personal Top 100 for SYTYCD, let alone Top 20 or winner. So I joined the rankdown ready to cut her the first chance I got, but apparently it turns out that you people just.. actually like her that much? So I knew what I had to do. No one else will step up and take care of this, so I will be the bad guy and take her out here, the first and last opportunity to do so. If it's any consolation, she already has a rankdown crown and now someone else will get one. 

Courtney was on Season 4 and partnered with Gev. Apparently everyone here loves them. When I watched the season, I saw them as a store-brand Sabra/Dominic. Maybe that's wrong. It was a long time ago. I was probably just dance-illierate back then. But I was confused every week they got through. When Courtney was still in after Chelsea, Kourtni, Kherington, and CHELSIE I was shocked every time. She placed fourth season 4 and came back as an All Star season 7, where I found all her duets eh. Her duet with Jose is THE worst duet of all time (that's not her fault at all honestly, but still).

Of course, when she came back for Season 10 it was an iconic moment and there's nothing anyone can say to take away from that. 

It's hard to describe how I feel about Courtney, so I will try to use some of your words to do so. Imagine that all the below write-ups are actually about Courtney. I've chosen write-ups that were particularly nasty, or were of dancers I liked, or just ones that seemed to generally apply. Replace all the other dancers' names with "Courtney"

On 12/14/2019 at 12:37 AM, *Diana said:

Aleksandra Wojda

Look, I know it’s a fun cute little game IDF has somehow created to keep her around as long as possible ... But me? Nah. Bye sis.  not at expense of her outranking actual good talented dancers so when no one posted before I did, I took the opportunity to cut her. ... she isn’t a good dancer so goodbye now.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:25 PM, *Diana said:

Zack Everhart, Jr.

...some of the most least deserving finalists ever. Basic basic basic. ...a very overrated dancer so goodbye now.

On 12/15/2019 at 6:22 PM, Elliott said:

TAYLOR SIEVE

Taylor Sieve is one of the worst contestants to make the finale. ... Taylor somehow managed to rob 60% of the cast. It's incredible, in all honesty. ... basic white girls ... and was SOMEHOW selected as an All Star 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:23 PM, .Rei said:
Caitlin Kinney

She did some solos that were okay but nothing memorable.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:14 PM, *Wallace said:

Jourdan Epstein

Throughout her time on SYTYCD she was just meh to me and never did anything I really cared about.

On 12/19/2019 at 9:45 AM, sublymonal said:
Heidi Groskreutz-Burns

... If this is her “best” routine, then it truly wasn’t all that great for her... I feel no guilt in cutting her here.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:50 PM, Deeee said:
Kherington Payne (Season 4)

I have never been fond of Kherington as a contestant on the show. Kherington just felt far less interesting than most of the women she competed against during her season. And most of the men. Kherington is one of the earlier examples of the boring, bland Contemporary dancers that would go on to plague the show. I never found her to be that versatile as a competitor 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:29 AM, Deeee said:
Randi Evans (Season 5)

Randi Evans (though she goes by Randi Strong) is a Contemporary/Jazz dancer from Season 5 of the show. Much like Kherington, Randi is another mostly unmemorable, [] Jazztemporary woman from the show's history. However, Randi succeeded in dancing two wonderful routines while on the show, at the very least. That does count for something.

She seems to be living life happily, which is great. Randi could probably advance a little further in the competition, but there is no harm in eliminating her now either.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:45 PM, Elliott said:

SOPHIE PITTMAN

... she's by far the single worst contestant to ever make the finale in SYTYCD history. 

...Thankfully, the voters finally came to their senses like four weeks to late and eliminated Sophie in fourth place despite the fact she was literally the worst girl in the entire top twenty.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, *Diana said:

Jim Nowakowski

Jim wasn't a terrible contestant during season 15 but he wasn't that amazing either.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:46 PM, *Wallace said:

Miranda Maleski

I was a bit hesitant on cutting Miranda as I know there are some people here that do like her but for me? I was never a fan of Miranda’s. Actually she’s my least fave amongst the nominees so this was kind of an easy cut.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:36 AM, Deeee said:
Lex Ishimoto (Season 14)

Meh.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:50 PM, .Rei said:
Jaimie Goodwin

... except for one routine her run was really mediocre. 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:18 PM, sublymonal said:

Noelle Marsh (Season 6, Top 10)

... but I thought by that point, Noelle had overstayed her welcome but... Honestly, I never really latched on to Noelle as a dancer... she's actually super gorgeous even if I didn't like her dances all that much.

On 1/19/2020 at 9:44 PM, Elliott said:

AMANDA, DON'T READ BELOW.

CHELSIE HIGHTOWER

Chelsie Hightower came to us in season four, where she impressed the judges with her - according to them - versatility. Even if she wasn't really that versatile in that season, but go off, judges. 

For her run in season four, Chelsie was partnered alongside [dancer], who I've also made no secret of not really being a big fan of either. Her run consisted of an amazing...ly bland contemporary ...I thought were pretty mediocre.

Anyway, Chelsie is a popular dancer on here, as evidenced by her making the Top 20 in last year's rankdown, placing in the Master Top 40 and always overstaying her welcome in the previous years' BCE games (of which I need to revive this year's). I've never been a fan

On 1/5/2020 at 4:50 PM, Deeee said:
Amy Yakima (Season 10)

Amy is overrated ... This ends my brief talk. Fair elimination.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, *Diana said:

Amber Jackson

how is she still here? ... good for her.  bye now.

Iveta Lukosiute

...I am glad she is finally cut here. ... becoming a wife and mom. She has done well for herself for placing in the top 20 but doesn't belong in this rankdown anymore.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, *Wallace said:

Ariana Crowder

…. and lol I am honestly surprised how Ariana made it this far in the game.  ...- although she did have some good dances.

... Well done to her making it this far 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:02 AM, *Diana said:

Hannahlei Cabilla

... what else can I say? She had some good dances no denying that and she's a  beautiful girl but I never thought she was a favorite of mine so I am being petty and cutting her with the chance I got. Major props for her winning [the rankdown] because I didn't expect it at the time so good for her but she isn't winning the season in this Rankdown. Sorry not sorry. 

On 2/8/2020 at 2:51 AM, Deeee said:

Mariah Russell (Season 16)

Mariah Russell sucks. Really.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, Deeee said:

Jessica Richens (Season 11)

Jessica Richens is the worst. Well, almost the worst. Season 16 cast + Joshua Allen exist. That means Jessica R. is almost the worst ever.

...By the time of the finale, I truly disliked Jessica. Very few contestants have actually made me dislike them, but Jessica is such a bad contestant that is irrationally overrated. Jessica just fits the mold of the very contestant SYTYCD brainwashes people to like despite actually sucking, so people forgive her for producing horrible routines on a weekly basis. 

On 2/8/2020 at 10:16 PM, *Wallace said:

Billy Bell

Billy is easily my least fave of the nominees and an easy cut choice as i love or really like the other nominees. 

On 2/9/2020 at 6:34 PM, Elliott said:

JENSEN ARNOLD

F*ck, finally. Jensen Arnold is legitimately terrible. Dreadful, even. ...I can't think of a single worse contestant to make the finale, which says a lot considering the nonsense season 16 bestowed on us

On 2/9/2020 at 11:55 PM, *Diana said:

Jessi Peralta

I am cutting the one I care least about so sorry if Jessi has fans here but I guess that what it is at this point and considering I keep losing favorites after favorites ...not eliminated first good for her not sure why she's still here for me to cut. 

On 2/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, sublymonal said:

[re: Kayla]

I never hated her, I just rank her [LAST] of the girls in that Top 10. She's the American equivalent of Tara Jean to me, who I also don't hate, I just prefer other people. BUT ANYWAY.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:32 AM, .Rei said:

Eliana Girard

...Which is also funny considering most of her other routines would rank among the worst of the season for me.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, *Diana said:

Comfort Fedoke

I had to get justice for Chelsie somehow and what better way than cut someone everyone loves from her season? ...Like I said though Comfort is one of the more well known contestants post show ... I loved the other girls that season more. 

On 2/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, *Wallace said:

Kate Harpootlian

Well done to Kate making it to the Top 100 portion of the game. That’s a really good sport for her although I personally think that’s a little too high for her hence her being my cut. ...

she’s one of those dancers I never and don’t get the big deal about on here.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:05 PM, Elliott said:

DARIUS HICKMAN

Not exactly a cut I am thrilled about doing, but of the options remaining, Darius is the cut I'm going with. 

On 2/14/2020 at 10:54 PM, *Diana said:

Chehon Wespi-Tschopp

basic boring 

On 2/24/2020 at 10:04 PM, Deeee said:

Allison Holker (Season 2)

Allison Holker. The most overrated SYTYCD contestant of all-time. ...Sorry 

On 2/24/2020 at 10:44 PM, Deeee said:

Travis Wall (Season 2)

I am not a fan. Sorry

On 2/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, sublymonal said:

Lindsay Arnold

Don't get me wrong, I like Lindsay. ...but I also think that 73rd is a really good place for someone who had very few standout routines (see: all of Season 9 to be honest) and really wasn't that great outside of her style, though I did like some of her lyrical numbers.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:11 PM, Deeee said:

Melanie Moore [Season 8]

About f*cking time. Melanie Moore is the most overrated, disastrous, obnoxious, unfortunate, ... in SYTYCD history. Literally. Melanie Moore just upsets me.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:14 PM, *Diana said:

Genessy Castillo

Well I have to do this. Sorry to SYTYCD Rankdown 2.0 Winner - Genessy Castillo but you will not be a repeat champion. ...when I saw that she was left by so fan of her top fans I jumped at the one chance to not make this predictable winner make the top 20 again and win again because I am still ???? Why she won last year. I guess that what happens when you're not a major player yet incredibly talented which is how these games usually go. Genessy is an amazing dancer and surprising enough I do like her I just don't see why she is is OMG amazing like everyone else does.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:21 PM, Elliott said:

BRANDON BRYANT

...one of the worst partnerships I've had to watch. ...Hated it. .... Hated it. ...Hated it. ...so I'm sure that's the reason my eyesight has been so terrible these past few years.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:33 AM, .Rei said:

Ade Obayomi

... run wasn't really impressive so this is more than a good spot for him to place in this rankdown.

On 3/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, Deeee said:

Ashley Galvan (Season 7)

Anyways. She has probably lasted far too long in this Rankdown by this point, but kudos to bringing her this far Derek. Sorry for eliminating her, but this seems more than overdue 

On 3/10/2020 at 6:10 PM, *Diana said:

Dominic Sandoval 

Ok let's get this over with. Dominic has done well for himself .... I just don't think his run as a contestant was that good enough to warrant a safe ... so goodbye now. 

On 3/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, Elliott said:

JENNA JOHNSON

...adding insult to injury was her being saved over ... three females that I was a bigger fan of during the season.

On 3/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, .Rei said:

Hailee Payne

tbh I felt zero connection to Hailee during her season and even when I think of her nowadays the feeling is the same... just meh.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:40 PM, sublymonal said:

Kathryn McCormick

I mean, if we're in the business of cutting people who could potentially win this rank down, this had to be done.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:32 PM, Deeee said:

Ricky Ubeda (Season 11)

#BLESS. ...the least exciting and interesting of the bunch. ...his time on the show sucked and the producer shenanigans made watching him the entire season either fail or perform just passably enough to warrant him receiving over-the-top praise a serious, serious chore.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:33 PM, Deeee said:

Sabra Johnson (Season 3)

Sabra Johnson somehow made the finals of the Rankdown last year due to everybody making poor choices. Sabra is just plain...boring. .... Sabra also probably gained a bit of momentum after dancing "Sweet Dreams THE GARDEN" during the semifinals. AKA HER FIRST GREAT ROUTINE THAT OCCURRED AS THE SEASON WAS ENDING. 

Not to say her partnership with Dominic was bad. Just really unmemorable and not exciting whatsoever. None of their routines stick with me whatsoever, though I'd pinpoint the Rumba and Hip-Hop as their best routines together. Sabra at least danced "Sweet Dreams THE GARDEN." ...most iconic Jazz routines in the history of the show. Her two routines in the finale with Neil and Danny are horrendous. .... I'm very pleased to be removing Sabra from the Rankdown.

9 hours ago, *Diana said:

Jeanine Mason

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

Robert Roldan (Season 7)

...Robert literally danced a total of like, three good routines? And only one of those routines is actually memorable. Not even joking. His run as a contestant was so bad. LOL.

...He is not good enough to advance to the finals. Period.

LOL Well...... I never expected anyone on IDF to dislike Courtney, like ever. :dead:  Guess Courtney isn't immune from that either.

Sad to see her go but honestly not too upset or bothered. Courtney won the Version 1.0 of this game, and that was a huge accomplishment that I'm proud happen. And that's never gonna happen again..... so nothing i can do to top that. :haha: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Stop trying to make me meltdown. It ain't gonna happen. :no: Even though bye bye to almost all of my Top 10 now. :dead: 

Wally. :hug: 

Courtney making Top 25 despite being a previous winner just goes to show how incredibly loved she is on here, and deservingly so. Her run on season 4 is amazing, and produced standout routines like Lost, Wishing On a Star, Don't Stop the Music, and of course, The Garden. ❤️ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

Wally. :hug: 

Courtney making Top 25 despite being a previous winner just goes to show how incredibly loved she is on here, and deservingly so. Her run on season 4 is amazing, and produced standout routines like Lost, Wishing On a Star, Don't Stop the Music, and of course, The Garden. ❤️ 

Aww thanks, Amanda. ❤️ 

Yeahh Courtney winning the 1st version of this game was absolutely amazing. ❤️ So I never felt the need to try to push for that again, although her always making it really far in these games is always wonderful. And yesss I love all of those routines  (and others really enjoyed) you listed so much! :wub: 

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Amanda knew from the beginning. Really it's Amanda's fault if you think about it

Lol how so? :haha: 

And if you think I am particularly nasty about dancers in my  write-ups, boyyy I got some beef with you. 😘