Gabby Barrett Fan Thread

frederick

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

In my opinion, The Good Ones is a better song. 😅

I agree. It's my favorite. :wub: 

It looks like The Good Ones was released to radio as an actual single, so not sure why it didn't take off. :( They continued to push I Hope, especially once the remix with Charlie Puth came out. And it's still going strong! They had to strike while the iron was hot and it makes sense they would capitalize on the success of this one. Even though I prefer one song over the other, I do love both and love Gabby, so I am glad she has such a successful debut single. It is really amazing for her career.  Maybe The Good Ones will get another chance later on, but at least we can still enjoy it. ❤️ 

• Like 1

The Good Ones is a totally different kind of song than I Hope. I Hope sounds very Carrie-esque, like a Before He Cheats kind of song. It had radio hit written all over it. I like The Good Ones, but I don't know if I would have chosen it as the follow up single. I think Thank God, Rose Needs a Jack, Jesus & My Mama, Footprints on the Moon, any of those probably would have been better follow ups. Ballads are always a bit risky. 

At any rate, she may have just gotten really lucky with having a hit right out of the gate. Just because one song is a hit doesn't mean that the next one will be. They happened to choose just the right song. If nothing else, at least having one big hit under her belt is still incredibly good for her career. Some female artists aren't having any success on radio, but still win industry awards and sell albums and tour tickets. The fact she was nominated at this year's CMAs is a big deal (disappointed she didn't win any, but being nominated is a huge deal).

I've heard "Good Ones" lots & really, like it.  But, I could be biased 😉... I really like Gabby.  She sure is sounding good these days.  Pretty cool, the baby able to listen to her sing; must making singing & breathing to sing, different when pregnant.  Will be nice (for him/her) when can see who belongs to that voice.

Agree, her outfits are super...and, so is her oh so long hair 😁👍👍  But, what do I know, could be those extension things for all I know 🤣

They sure did a wonderful sounding job on the duet❗

Edited by Drew1903

The Good Ones is doing just fine, she has a healthy bullet and is 28 on mediabase chart.  It was #27 on the Billboard Airplay chart this week and #21 on the Hot Country list.  Some stations are still playing I Hope which looks like it is falling off the pop charts soon. I expect those stations to play the good ones soon but with Christmas break coming probably won't pick up until after the new year.  I am amazed how well the good ones is doing, she is ahead of Maren and Taylor.  The song is also certified gold.  I thinks she is doing just fine.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, christine58 said:

The Good Ones is doing just fine, she has a healthy bullet and is 28 on mediabase chart.  It was #27 on the Billboard Airplay chart this week and #21 on the Hot Country list.  Some stations are still playing I Hope which looks like it is falling off the pop charts soon. I expect those stations to play the good ones soon but with Christmas break coming probably won't pick up until after the new year.  I am amazed how well the good ones is doing, she is ahead of Maren and Taylor.  The song is also certified gold.  I thinks she is doing just fine.

That’s good to hear! I can’t wait to hopefully hear it on the radio! 😊

• Like 1