idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
frederick

Gabby Barrett Fan Thread

Does anyone know how well the cd is selling, billboard ain't giving me anything

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wgm said:

Does anyone know how well the cd is selling, billboard ain't giving me anything

According to a poster on MJ's her album didn't make the top 20... Grain of salt and all that... 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=322009

Edited by KelseyW

On 6/24/2020 at 3:27 AM, KelseyW said:

According to a poster on MJ's her album didn't make the top 20... Grain of salt and all that... 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=322009

i have amazon prime music and she was number 9 on the top albums, and 40 on top albums on itunes. But Billboard won't even let me look at their charts. They want me to pay for it.

Posted (edited)

Here's the info about Gabby's album/streaming sales according to tonight's Billboard Country Update. The following was a section written about her, the album, etc.

CHART RICHES Gabby Barrett’s first LP, Goldmine (Warner Music Nashville/WMN), flies in at No. 4 on Top Country Albums. It starts with 20,000 units in the week ending June 25. It earned 15.98 million on-demand streams for its songs in the tracking week, the largest opening streaming week ever for a debut country album by a woman. The sum also marks the biggest opening streaming week for a debut country set in 2020 and the third-largest debut streaming frame for any such album this year (after Sam Hunt’s Southside, with 36.8 million, and Kelsea Ballerini’s Kelsea, with 16.7 million). The 13-track set includes 12 songs co-authored by the 20-year-old Barrett, who finished in third place on ABC’s American Idol in 2018. First single “I Hope,” which led Country Airplay in April, was the first career opening No. 1 by a woman since Carly Pearce’s “Every Little Thing,” which reigned in November 2017. On the airplay-, streaming- and sales-powered Hot Country Songs chart, “I Hope” holds at its No. 2 high. It leads Country Streaming Songs for a 12th week, with 13.5 million U.S. streams (up 15%). On Country Digital Song Sales, it lifts 5-3 (7,000 sold, up 7%). Goldmine’s sophomore single, “The Good Ones,” pushes 59-56 on Country Airplay (1.1 million, up 34%).

Here's an ad from her label.

20200629_214711_compress65.thumb.jpg.4bfe3c742265debe73632ed8f26eb664.jpg

Edited by ptebwwong

The album is so good I'm shocked! It debuted at #27 on the BB200 and #4 on The Country albums chart. Much better than any idol contestants in recent memory!

I Hope is now 2x Platinum... I wonder if it could possibly match Phillip's "Home" at 4x Platinum.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:03 AM, kamil24 said:

The album is so good I'm shocked! It debuted at #27 on the BB200 and #4 on The Country albums chart. Much better than any idol contestants in recent memory!

:wub: 

I'm still trying to figure out my favorite songs. :haha:  It's all so good. ❤️ And yay, so happy to hear about it doing well!

It's terrific (to see) how well it's doing, but it deserves it all and more