idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
frederick

Gabby Barrett Fan Thread

Does anyone know how well the cd is selling, billboard ain't giving me anything

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wgm said:

Does anyone know how well the cd is selling, billboard ain't giving me anything

According to a poster on MJ's her album didn't make the top 20... Grain of salt and all that... 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=322009

Edited by KelseyW

On 6/24/2020 at 3:27 AM, KelseyW said:

According to a poster on MJ's her album didn't make the top 20... Grain of salt and all that... 

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=322009

i have amazon prime music and she was number 9 on the top albums, and 40 on top albums on itunes. But Billboard won't even let me look at their charts. They want me to pay for it.

Posted (edited)

Here's the info about Gabby's album/streaming sales according to tonight's Billboard Country Update. The following was a section written about her, the album, etc.

CHART RICHES Gabby Barrett’s first LP, Goldmine (Warner Music Nashville/WMN), flies in at No. 4 on Top Country Albums. It starts with 20,000 units in the week ending June 25. It earned 15.98 million on-demand streams for its songs in the tracking week, the largest opening streaming week ever for a debut country album by a woman. The sum also marks the biggest opening streaming week for a debut country set in 2020 and the third-largest debut streaming frame for any such album this year (after Sam Hunt’s Southside, with 36.8 million, and Kelsea Ballerini’s Kelsea, with 16.7 million). The 13-track set includes 12 songs co-authored by the 20-year-old Barrett, who finished in third place on ABC’s American Idol in 2018. First single “I Hope,” which led Country Airplay in April, was the first career opening No. 1 by a woman since Carly Pearce’s “Every Little Thing,” which reigned in November 2017. On the airplay-, streaming- and sales-powered Hot Country Songs chart, “I Hope” holds at its No. 2 high. It leads Country Streaming Songs for a 12th week, with 13.5 million U.S. streams (up 15%). On Country Digital Song Sales, it lifts 5-3 (7,000 sold, up 7%). Goldmine’s sophomore single, “The Good Ones,” pushes 59-56 on Country Airplay (1.1 million, up 34%).

Here's an ad from her label.

20200629_214711_compress65.thumb.jpg.4bfe3c742265debe73632ed8f26eb664.jpg

Edited by ptebwwong

The album is so good I'm shocked! It debuted at #27 on the BB200 and #4 on The Country albums chart. Much better than any idol contestants in recent memory!

I Hope is now 2x Platinum... I wonder if it could possibly match Phillip's "Home" at 4x Platinum.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:03 AM, kamil24 said:

The album is so good I'm shocked! It debuted at #27 on the BB200 and #4 on The Country albums chart. Much better than any idol contestants in recent memory!

:wub: 

I'm still trying to figure out my favorite songs. :haha:  It's all so good. ❤️ And yay, so happy to hear about it doing well!

It's terrific (to see) how well it's doing, but it deserves it all and more 

Congrats to Gabby, but we'll see how this changes her career. She is still a new artist starting out and already pregnant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, miss denise said:

Gabby's pregnant! 😮 

I’m really happy for her and Cade! 😁 If this means a break from music, I’m down with it, as long as they’re happy. ❤️

• Like 1

Congrats Gabby and Cade!

I think Charlie helped boost 'I Hope' because it's been trending well here 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, miss denise said:

Gabby is nominated at the CMAs! :clap: 

Yay, that’s wonderful! 😁 So happy she’s getting the recognition she deserves. 🙂

Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100! Never thought I'd see an idol contestant reach that again.

I really like the remix of her song I Hope with Charlie Puth. The original version of the song is good too though. Is this a sign that she is finally getting recognized and could become a big deal in the music industry? One would think this is the beginning of that happening and I think she will definitely be going places.

Edited by anticoronaperson
  • Like 1

The success of I Hope is definitely a good sign for her career, but one hit song doesn't make someone a star. One hit is definitely better than none at all, but she needs to keep that momentum going with the next singles. She is getting recognized by award shows like her latest nominations at the CMAs and that's great, but again, one hit song doesn't make a career. What she has accomplished so far is far more than most people could have ever imagined and that's great for a start. But she has to keep it going to have a steady career and not just fade into obscurity.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BogoGog24 said:

The success of I Hope is definitely a good sign for her career, but one hit song doesn't make someone a star. One hit is definitely better than none at all, but she needs to keep that momentum going with the next singles. She is getting recognized by award shows like her latest nominations at the CMAs and that's great, but again, one hit song doesn't make a career. What she has accomplished so far is far more than most people could have ever imagined and that's great for a start. But she has to keep it going to have a steady career and not just fade into obscurity.

I’m worried she’s going to be a one hit wonder... 🙁 

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m worried she’s going to be a one hit wonder... 🙁 

Hmm to be honest I don’t think The Good Ones was a good choice for a follow up single and I don’t see it being a hit. While I get that they probably wanted to show a different side than I Hope, I feel like Footprints on the Moon, Thank God, Jesus & My Mama, or Hall of Fame maybe would have been better singles. 

At any rate, she seems like she has a really solid radio team going to bat for her for how well I Hope has done. I don’t know if The Good Ones will be that successful, but I think she has a strong chance of getting another hit in the future. Either with a different single from this album or the next one. Nothing is guaranteed in the music business, there’s some artists who have been working for years that either only had one #1 or none at all. To achieve a #1 with her first single, especially in a climate where females aren’t getting radio play, is still huge. Multi platinum certification at this point too. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

I meant it's a good sign considering none of the contestants from the ABC American Idol Reboot (Season 16-18) have made progress like that recording with major artists and being played on big radio stations. But a lot of contestants from the FOX version of American Idol have made that kind of progress. Yes, I agree that the success with the one song I Hope doesn't mean she's all of a sudden famous. In my opinion, it just means she is getting recognized and if she keeps up the hard work, she will have more singles, more air time on the radio, and possibly the chance to record songs with other big time famous artists. She's definitely recognized by Charlie Puth now. Think how many people that had no idea who Gabby Barrett will know her now. He probably did a lot of promoting for their song too. Promotions are a good way for new artists to be recognized.

Gabby Barrett's song I Hope featuring Charlie Puth has been played on Surius XM's hits 1 station multiple times. That is one of the most popular radio stations to have your songs played on. There haven't been any other contestants from the ABC reboot of American Idol that have had any of their songs played on the radio especially on Surius XM's hits 1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

I meant it's a good sign considering none of the contestants from the ABC American Idol Reboot (Season 16-18) have made progress like that recording with major artists and being played on big radio stations. But a lot of contestants from the FOX version of American Idol have made that kind of progress. Yes, I agree that the success with the one song I Hope doesn't mean she's all of a sudden famous. In my opinion, it just means she is getting recognized and if she keeps up the hard work, she will have more singles, more air time on the radio, and possibly the chance to record songs with other big time famous artists. She's definitely recognized by Charlie Puth now. Think how many people that had no idea who Gabby Barrett will know her now. He probably did a lot of promoting for their song too. Promotions are a good way for new artists to be recognized.

And when Charlie recognizes you... he often writes for you and he’s a good writer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Gabby Barrett's song I Hope featuring Charlie Puth has been played on Surius XM's hits 1 station multiple times. That is one of the most popular radio stations to have your songs played on. There haven't been any other contestants from the ABC reboot of American Idol that have had any of their songs played on the radio especially on Surius XM's hits 1

That is a huge accomplishment! :clap: 

7 hours ago, Blirel said:

And when Charlie recognizes you... he often writes for you and he’s a good writer. 

Yeah and plus Charlie Puth has written songs for Liam Payne, Jason Derulo, Pitbull, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Katy Perry, Maroon 5, Michael Buble, Little Mix, Wiz Khalifa, Trey Songz, Ava Max, Zara Larsson, G-Eazy, CeeLo Green and Marshmello. So yeah he has quite the impressive resume for music/song writings. I mean Charlie Puth lives and breathes music. I definitely think there is a possibility that he could write another song for Gabby Barrett again. He is a great songwriter indeed.