Tennis Thread

^ They just couldn't push it back until late July/early August, with the Olympics now Postponed? 🙄

Nvm... [ESPN]

While moving Wimbledon into late July or August this year was discussed, not enough sunlight and too much dew at that time of year made any move problematic.

Edited by ShortstopVM
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Tennis Channel - UTR Pro Match Series:

May 8-10, 12 PM EST ft. Opelka, Paul, Kecmanovic, Hurkacz

May 22-24 ft. Alison Riske, Danielle Collins, Anisimova, Ajla Tomljanovic

Edited by Kert
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With Qualifying cancelled this year, watching the Cincinnati event Western & Southern Open (being held here in Queens) feels like a US Open mini-tournament 👀

P.S: It's still :censored: Medvedev, tho... I don't care what kind of spin the media want to put on his run to the Finals last year... He's still the villain in my eyes... :blargwave:

Edited by ShortstopVM

This match between Felix Auger-Aliassime and Thiago Monteiro was 🔥 :omg:

P.S: Monteiro's service game can be lethal - especially when serving into Ad court; it doesn't surprise me one bit that the last three sets had 7-6 outcomes and that the whole match only had one break of serve

Edited by ShortstopVM

LOL Novak! :giggle:The one year Nadal AND Federer are not in the field, and he gets eliminated in the most surprising way. :shock:

hip hop television GIF by WE tv

Miss me with the whole "it was inadvertent" bull- :censored: ; rules are rules are rules are rules. Enjoy your trip to Dairy Queen. #YouCantDoThat

Edited by ShortstopVM

Rennae Stubbs asking Naomi Osaka which mask is she going to wear next, as if the names of victims of police brutality and vigilantism are something to be guessed for entertainment... *cringe* 😬 #ToneDeaf

Edited by ShortstopVM

Pablo Carreno Busta* and Denis Shapovalov showing us what Late Night at the US Open looks like... :stud:I feel like we haven't had many sessions stretch past Midnight at this year's tournament. :( 

Edited by ShortstopVM

:shock: Just when I thought Serena was on her way to smashing Vika... Azarenka wakes up and realizes she's in a Grand Slam semifinal. This the second set has been a beauty to watch; the back-and-forth that we've been expecting to see... :omg:

In "The Mother of All Opens", a mother did win a US Open Title... Just not in the Women's Singles bracket. 😛 

Jordanne Whiley just won the Wheelchair Doubles title with her partner, Yui Kamiji. Congratulations to them! :clap:

Edited by ShortstopVM

WOW! What. A. Match. :shock:

In a tournament that featured some epic collapses, this might be the biggest one of them all.

Congratulations to Dominic Thiem, who overcame a two-sets-to-none deficit to beat Alexander Zverev and win the Men's Singles Title.

Edited by ShortstopVM
  • 4 weeks later...