Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

4 minutes ago, Star*Man said:

So proud that @*Wallace figured out to use this new feature :wub:

6 minutes ago, Star*Man said:

Too lazy to click "i forgot my password"? :giggle:

6 minutes ago, Star*Man said:

It's a basic feature and easy as 1,2,3 ; not our fault that we all know how to use twitter :( 

That 70S Show Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Thanks 1

I see Ariel playing games 👀 so the 24 hour deadline remains in place for judges to intervene.

Marlee Matlin

0eaab32ca74451c97b860e3566f4c424--marlee

Marlee Matlin appeared on season 6, where she was relegated to an "also-ran" like every other celeb who wasn't Kristi Yamaguchi. She was paired with Fabian Sanchez, who was a pro for this one season and never competed on the show again. Marlee was the first deaf contestant to appear on the show, but is nowhere near as good as Nyle was in season 22. I do remember being impressed with her doing a decent job, but overall, she was just kinda there IMO. Her highest-scoring dances were her Quickstep to "Mack the Knife" and her Viennese Waltz to "She's Always a Woman", both of which she scored 24 points for. Her lowest-scoring dances were her Jive to "You May Be Right" and her Mambo to "Mi Tierra", both of which scored 21 points for. Clearly she did a good job in Ballroom but struggled a bit with Latin. She placed 7th overall. 

SAVING:  Chynna Phillips

1 hour ago, bobbobachoo1 said:

@Ariel1989 has Heather Mills vs. Natalie Coughlin

Easy decision there.  I'll have my write-up in a little later.  

Heather Mills

340?cb=20160723153831

Heather Mills is a former model and ex-wife of Paul McCartney.  She has been an amputee since 1993 when she lost her left leg below the knee in a collision with a police motorcycle.  She was the first "inspirational" contestant on Dancing With the Stars, dancing with Jonathan Roberts in season 4 and placing 7th overall.  She was an okay dancer, with her highest score being a 24 for her Week 2 Mambo and Week 3 Jive, while her lowest score was an 18 for her Week 1 Foxtrot.  She was eliminated in Week 6 despite scoring higher than frequent low-scorers John Ratzenberger and Billy Ray Cyrus, which probably makes her one of the few inspirational contestants to be slightly robbed.  Heather has also been a regular fixture in British tabloids for her alleged habit of exaggerating her life events but I don't regularly follow her so I don't have any insight or opinion on that.  Her Wikipedia page is incredibly detailed though, I guess since she's a former spouse of a Beatle.  

Saving Natalie Coughlin, an underrated robbed queen.  

Nominations:

Cameron Mathison
David Arquette
Dorothy Hamill
Florence Henderson
Ingo Rademacher
Jack Wagner
Jaleel White
Joey McIntyre
Karamo Brown
Kurt Warner
Martina Navratilova
Melissa Gilbert
Melissa Joan Hart
Michael Sam
Nick Lachey
Von Miller

wta rg GIF by Tennis Channel

If I recall correctly, I was the one to cut her during the last rankdown - nothing much has changed since then, wish I could copy & paste my write-up :haha:. Anyway, I am surprised that she, once again, lasted this long in this rankdown despite being a clear fodder.  Before we get to her DWTS journey, Martina Navratilova is a legendary athlete who is best known for tennis - she's often dubbed as one of the best female tennis player of all time.  On top of that, her life journey & her advocacy on different topic is interesting - it's quite frustrating to find out how she was "outed" by a journalist in the 1980s. Anyway, she was on the 14th season where she was partnered with Tony where they had an average of 18.5 after 2 dances - they were eliminated Week 1 Week 2 of the competition. It's now time for her to be eliminated from this rankdown; and bless at Lily for nominating fodders.

SAVING: KARAMO BROWN

Edited by Star*Man
Corrected a word

Save Nick Lachey

Cut Melissa Joan Hart

1 hour ago, Star*Man said:

Cut Martina

homophobia at its finest

3 minutes ago, jstxanothrxstory said:

homophobia at its finest

confused what are you doing GIF

MELISSA JOAN HART

melissa joan hart GIF by HULU

Melissa Joan Hart was a 90s television icon, starring in Clarissa Explains it All and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. (In retrospect, kind of a surprise she was on show about witchcraft for so long, tbh.) Nowadays, she's probably more well known for being extremely problematic, such as when she complained about a hurricane ruining her family's vacation or telling her son that people who didn't believe in Jesus aren't good people or appearing in God's Not Dead 2. On the very small plus side, at least she didn't vote for Agent Orange? Stacey Dash, who has now ruined Clueless for me because of her messiness, could never. Anyway, on Dancing With the Stars, she was partnered with Mark Ballas, who seemed to always get the Republican women and thus keeping us from getting sexy Mark Ballas choreography, and they were apart of the ninth season, aka the season we don't talk about because of Queen Mya's robbery. Though they placed ninth, they had the eighth highest average. Considering Derek was a part of that cast and was probably overscored, we can just say she had the seventh highest average that season. I remember thinking she wasn't terrible, but she wasn't really that noteworthy, either - which is reflected by her scores all being similar to one another in the low 18-24 range, sans the 28 she was scored once. Of course, it's hard to be a stand-out in season nine when you're competing against Mya:

Not relevant to MJH, you say? Well if @bobbobachoo1 wants me to remove the videos, I will. 👼 So that's definitely a hundred words and out goes one of the many problematic celebrities still remaining.

SAVE: Nick Lachey

sue me the office GIF

Jack Wagner

AP120402043372.jpg

Jack Wagner is a "WHO?" that somehow lasted this long in the rankdown because there has been a ridiculous amount of fodder cast on the show in 28 seasons. He appeared on season 14 and was partnered with Anna Trebunskaya. Week 1, they danced a Cha-Cha to "Sugartown" which scored 23 points. Week 2, they danced a Jive to "Gimme Some Lovin'" which scored 21 points. Week 3, they danced a Samba to "Lighting Up the Night" (fun fact: this is Jack's own song that danced to!) which scored 24 points. Seems on par for Most Memorable Year week because the judges are always extra nice and lenient with their scores for it whether or not they're deserved. He was cut after the Samba, becoming the 2nd boot of the season. Not a huge loss to that season or the rankdown TBH.

SAVING: Cameron Mathison

Michael Sam (Season 20)

giphy.gif

Michael Sam is the first openly gay player to be in drafted in the NFL. An amazing accomplishment, except the Rams cut him from the roster during the final preseason roster cutdown. Michael also practiced with the Cowboys, but was waived eventually. There is an obvious answer as to why. Luckily, Michael joined the Canadian Football League, and became the first openly gay player in the CFL. He quickly retired though for mental health reasons and is now a motivational speaker. Michael joined the Season 20 cast and partnered with Peta. The couple was eliminated in the fourth week of the competition, the third couple to leave overall. Michael seemed like a very nice guy, but was not the best dancer. Michael scored a 26/40 for his first week Cha Cha. On #MyJamMonday, Michael marginally improved and scored a 28/40 for his Foxtrot. However, his Salsa on Latin Night was pretty bad and scored him a 24/40. This routine sent him home the next week, despite his Rumba on Most Memorable Year Night being his best dance by far. Final average is 27 out of 40. Michael has lasted long enough.

SAVING: David Arquette (Season 13)

Ingo Rademacher

2a6058729bf8c38b6aabd25ac2cb8f1b.jpg

Ingo was on season 16 of dancing with the stars.  He was partnered with Kym Johnson.  He was known for his role in soap opera's.  Over the season Ingo was sort of a middle of the road contestant, never a contender in my opinion.  He made it al lthe way to the Top 5.  His highest scoring dance was a 27 for his Charleston, which was pretty good and it was also his last dance of the season.  Truth be told I don't remember too many of his dances.  I do find it weird he danced a Rumba the same night he had to dance the Rumba Dance off.  It was probably just a re-do of his performance earlier that night, as I don't remember it.

Save: Florence