2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

They acted as judges of sorts during the game. They got to give out immunity to celebs, prizes/punishments to rankers, and collectively choose the final cut of the rankdown.

Wildcards were: Wally, Diana, Megan, Richard, Steven

Ohhh very interesting

Do the rankers and wildcards get more weight than the public with their rankings? Sorry for so many questions I’m so annoying but really curious how these rank downs work

Just now, JC said:

Ohhh very interesting

Do the rankers and wildcards get more weight than the public with their rankings? Sorry for so many questions I’m so annoying but really curious how these rank downs work

The wildcards collectively count for one vote in the final ranking, and the public collectively count for vote. The rankers each count as their own vote. Altogether, if was 9 rankers + wildcard + public for the vote. So each ranking is worth 1/11th of the total.

I believe Alex said there were five people who voted in the public vote. 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

The wildcards collectively count for one vote in the final ranking, and the public collectively count for vote. The rankers each count as their own vote. Altogether, if was 9 rankers + wildcard + public for the vote. So each ranking is worth 1/11th of the total.

I believe Alex said there were five people who voted in the public vote. 

Ohhh so being a ranker is best (also loling bc my phone keeps changing ranker to tanker which is fitting)

9 hours ago, Steven_ said:

:dead: at Alex’s linking Jana and Gleb’s tango for his Laurie write-up.

LOL Alex is so shady. :dead: 

9 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Princess Laurie. :wub: :wub: :wub: 

So happy for her making it this far! :wub: 

3. Normani Kordei

dwts-normani-kordei-tango.jpg

Anne - 1/20

Dee - 1/20

Lily - 2/20

Sola - 4/20

Public - 5/20

Amanda - 7/20

Victoria - 7/20

Wildcards - 8/20

Elliott - 16/20

Stephy - 16/20

Chris - 18/20

ANNE

Normani is legitimately one of the best contestants ever to be on the show. She had one of the most impressive runs ever. It started off a bit slower than I expected. Her touring overseas impacted the amount of content in her earlier dances. I will say, her foxtrot was a ton of fun. It took until her Paso Doble for me to be obsessed. After that, her run was straight fire. Her salsa was underscored and underappreciated. Her Argentine Tango made me continue watching even after being pissed off that Heather was wrongfully sent home. I’ll let the more dedicated people handle the long write up with all the videos and breaking it down by each dance. Just know that she is a top tier contestant and it is absurd that she did not win her season.

DEE

tumblr_opb2vnEZfP1vwbm7ho4_400.gif
VY2HMK.gif
37f24ce9346c6790c307ea3210b0d866.gif

source.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

Zbgf.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

IncredibleFlimsyCoelacanth-size_restrict

The Baddest B*tch to ever bless Dancing with the Stars with an appearance. ❤️

CoarseApprehensiveAbalone-size_restricte

To think how lucky we were to have had the blessing to watch Normani on our television screens for ten weeks before her rise to solo career stardom. 🙌 

#BLESSED #ANDHIGHLYFAVORED

On any given day, Normani overtakes Kristi as my favorite DWTS contestant of all-time. Normani is just...the best. I love everything about her.

Every week she brought sass, sex, ferocity, and bomb ass dancing to the Ballroom. What more could you ask for in a contestant?

Insane amounts of talent are just oozing out of her pores. Normani has the most star power of any contestant ever on the show, and she put that sh*t on display every single week.

Week Two Cha-Cha? CHECK.

Vegas Night Foxtrot? FLAWLESS.

Most Memorable Year Rumba? BEAUTIFUL.

Mulan Paso Doble? EPIC ICONIC ALL OF THE ABOVE. DESERVED A PERFECT SCORE FOR BEING INCREDIBLE, THE BEST PASO EVER.

Girl Group Salsa? SEXY AF. NEEDS A PERFECT SCORE.

Foreign Movie Argentine Tango? FAV ARGENTINE TANGO EVER. ANNIHILATION.

Quarterfinals Contemporary? GORGEOUS AF.

Trio Jive? SEXY AF. NEEDS A PERFECT SCORE.

Semifinals Viennese Waltz? Amazing duh. She danced to "Desperado." Obviously deserved a perfect score for song choice alone.

Semifinals Jazz? Amazing! I loved her inspiration behind this routine. Perfection duh.

Finale Quickstep? Robbed of a perfect score to help her inferior win. Flawless queen killed the routine though.

Freestyle? Beautiful and touching.

Argentine Tango/Cha-Cha Fusion? Technically flawless.

Normani had no competition. Sorry not sorry. Five perfect scores. Five weeks on top of the leaderboard. Multiple weeks where she was robbed of a perfect score. Final average of 36.6. 

Remember when she placed third in the finals and the crowd booed and certain people in the audience reacted like this:

e08c36b54f8075ee0622c36cf47f12bd.gif

And I at home reacted like this:

source.gif

The worst robbery ever. Normani losing was a crime. I love her, I am so happy for her solo successes. I want to keep see her killing the game. I know she will not win this Rankdown, but I am going to hope that she does!

LILY

One of my fave DWTS contestants of all-time, Normani, ranks in as my #2! I'm a Normani stan through and through - I loved her even from The X Factor and she's really what kept me interested in following Fifth Harmony. When there were rumors of a Fifth Harmony member on DWTS 24, I was praying that it would be Normani, it felt like a perfect fit for her - and that it was! Normani spoke often about how she was doing the show for her grandmother who was a super-fan, and I love that she was so often involved in Normani/Val's journey on the show.

Normani had a pretty insane start to her journey on the show, touring with Fifth Harmony on another continent, practicing to and from there and still coming back to slay it on the show. I love and re-watch pretty much all of Normani's dances honestly. Her Quickstep in Week 1 was very strong but she definitely broke out more with the Cha-Cha in Week 2. And I loved her Foxtrot in Week 3 - she totally immersed herself in the character which was needed for Vegas Night. Normani scored mid-table for her Rumba in Week 4 (scoring the same as Bonner Bolton, lmao these judges). I think from here on out, though, she had a pretty dang perfect journey. Her Mulan Paso Doble was full of tricks and technique, her Pussycat Dolls Salsa was such a shining moment for her, and she was the star of the girl group team dance. She also was able to slay her Argentine Tango despite being injured, scoring a perfect 40. In the quarter-finals, Normani had a super emotional Contemporary based around her experiences with dealing with racism online. She poured her heart and soul into this routine, and was so deserving of a perfect score. This was then followed by a great, near-perfect scoring Jive trio featuring Alan.

In the semi-finals, the judges pulled up Normani for some random misstep that I'm pretty sure wasn't even noticeable, for her Viennese Waltz. She therefore scored slightly lower for this number but bounced back with a great perfect-scoring Jazz with a New Orleans theme. I wanted her to play Tiana for Disney week and while this didn't happen, I feel like I kinda got it with this number anyway. We should have had an all African-American final with Normani, Rashad and Simone, but of course Simone got eliminated and we got.. David instead! But I thought, hey I'll take 2nd place for Normani. Unfortunately she didn't even get that, finishing 3rd. I do think that Rashad had a better Freestyle on the night, I feel like Val could have done WAY more with such a talent in Normani, but nevertheless, she got to end her journey on a really strong Fusion dance.

I'm so happy Normani made it this far, and also that she was on the show because I can't wait to see how her career continues to rise. I've really loved all of her post-5H music so far, particularly "Motivation" which showed she is a huge star she will be. DWTS didn't deserve her, honestly. But yes, such a star and one of my all-time faves!

SOLA

This time in the last rankdown, I had tanked Normanis score.  Someone had ticked me off and throughout the rankdown and I felt the need to place her low.  This time I want to give her some props.  Normani is very likely the strongest dancer ever to participate in Dancing with the Stars.  Her routines were full of technique, but she also had a strong presence in every dance.  I came in to that season thinking Simone and Heather were going to be the Top dogs fighting it out.  Normani came in like a stick of dynamite and blew the whole competition open out of the gate.  Her Mulan Paso Doble was robbed of a perfect score and is one of my favorite Paso Dobles of all time.  Len also stopped a perfect score from happening on her Salsa, which is in my opinion her best dance of the season.  She only received three perfect scores.  One for her Contemporary, Jazz and her Fusion Dance.  I would rather other dances get the top marks instead of her Contemporary or Jazz honestly.  That said, a brilliant and dynamic dancer that I hope does better then she did last time.

ALEX

Ugh I was really pulling for Normani this time around. I mean I knew she didn't have a chance in hell cause of Elliott. But for some reason this just felt like her time. Normani has cycled back to being underrated tbh. I truly believe she deserves to be in contention for the best dancer the show has ever seen and she's not really in those conversations. I think about her Foxtrot, Paso Doble, Contemporary, and Argentine Tango on a daily basis. So many good dances, and such a charming personality. I really don't know how you can not love Normani.

AMANDA

giphy.gif

A contestant that very much falls into the "ROBBED" category on the show. Not only did she not win, she was beaten by mediocre white guy David Ross because the American public truly hates female ringers and it's absolutely disgusting. Normani deserved to win, hands down! She was amazing all season long. She has SO many fantastic performances and was snubbed of perfect scores for several of them. Remember when Len refused to give her one for her flawless Mulan Paso Doble? And her brilliant "When I Grow Up" Salsa? And her fantastic Jive - all because she danced on the judges table for "too long"? Yeah, those dances all deserved perfect scores but she was denied of them for silly reasons. On top of those dances, she also had amazing performances with her Cha-Cha, Foxtrot, Rumba, Argentine Tango, Contemporary, Viennese Waltz, Jazz, Finale Quickstep, Freestyle, and Fusion dance. Normani was amazing, a true highlight of her season. She was by far the one I was rooting for to win by the time the finale rolled around, but of course she didn't win because why should she win when her competitors are Rashad Jennings and David Ross? LOL. Typical American public handing the guys the top 2 spots instead of the actual best contestant in Normani. Normani is fantastic and I fully expect others to write novels about her, so I think this is good enough from me.

VICTORIA

tumblr_oy31fc0nTe1wrwpeoo6_250.gifv
This ranking is a literal rank for rank with Dee because if I was being a strategic ho I would have placed Normani last because Dee got rid of Kelly Monaco. Actually, Alex? Can I change my ranking? I'm kidding but that cut did sting. Normani is a singer and she originated The X Factor 2 (US) where Elliott's favorite group was made; Fifth Harmony with Camilla, Ally, Lauren, Normani and the other girl I forget. Damn, let me google her real quick. Dinah. WHATEVER. They finished third on The X Factor (US) and went on to have two bops in "Worth It" and "Work From Home" which a lot of us are doing right now so thanks FIFTH HARMONY. Normani went on to have a solo career but it hadn't happened yet when she was on the show. She didn't go by one name yet until after. "Dancing with a Stranger" is a bop though. So Normani deserved to win her season hands down. HANDS DOWN. She came in third like she did with Fifth Harmony on The X Factor (US) despite being partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy, despite having the highest overall cumulative average score and despite being better in every single way than her opponents David and Ross. The fact that she lost to Ross. This season was a mess with Heather leaving early, Normani getting third and David getting second. MESS. Normani is a Queen and remained unbothered so what her Argentine Tango to cleanse your spirit. If there is another All-Stars she needs redemption. Her along with Zendaya for that whole voting debacle. Another robbed Val partner. Ugh. Alexa, play "Motivation" by Normani.

WALLY

Yayy really happy for Miss Normani making it into the Top 20 for the second year in a row! :wub: I believe I ranked her in my Top 5 last year but this year, I’ll put her at #10. Ugh sorry to fellow Normani fans. I do really love her a ton but this year’s group is super stacked. 

Normani was on Season 24 and the last woman standing placing in 3rd. Although I do love Rashad and was cool with his win, I did really root for Normani to win so was sad that didn’t happen. I know Lily and Dee will give Normani epic write-ups and I look forward to those. I’ll list my favorite dances from her which are her: Cha-Cha, Foxtrot, Paso Doble, Salsa, Argentine Tango, Contemporary, Jive (trio with Alan), Jazz, Freestyle and Argentine Tango/Foxtrot Fusion.

ELLIOTT

I’ve really grown to become a fan of Normani outside of the show the last few months, so it’s reflected by me enjoying her DWTS routines more as well. I still prefer Heather and Simone to her, but of that final three, she easily should’ve won. David Ross placing higher than her? Disgusting. Rashad Jennings winning and infiltrating every season that followed? I’m good, fam. My favourite routine of hers is probably the Girl Group routine she did to When I Grow Up by Nicole Schzeringer & the Back-Up Dolls. But that’s because Val looked hot AF in that routine, don’t @ me.

STEPHY

Normani has pretty much the same personality as Val’s other partners from Season 15-22, in the fact I didn’t get her personality. She was great, however I wasn’t wowed by her presence and grace on the dancefloor as I had high expectations of her. Val’s choreography for her freestyle was underwhelming considering the partners he has had. I think that I don’t remember any of her routines explains why I am not a big fan of Val, however everyone else will post links and to all of her dances for others to remember why she was supposedly great. Normani is still the best dancer of Fifth Harmony.

CHRIS

giphy.gif

Another contestant that is incredibly beloved among rankers and I believe is a threat to take it all - she is someone I wanted to target during the rankdown, but due to an agreement with some rankers, I didn't do so. This is not to say that she does not deserve to win the rankdown as she is incredibly talented & should have won her season over Rashad & Emma #sorrynotsorry. Actually, it is blasphemy that she ended n 3rd place - she was way better than David and Rashad. During her time on Dancing With The Stars, she probably gave us some of the most memorable dances of the season such as her Paso Doble, Argentine Tango, Contemporary, and her Freestyle.  That being said, this is not enough for me to rank her any higher as I surprisingly love a lot of the individuals in the Top 20 and she is not someone that I consider to be a favourite of mine. 

So it comes down to Mel B vs. Kristi Yamaguchi. Will Mel's first trip to the top 20 prove to be a success? Or will lightning strike twice and Kristi be able to pull off a second win in a row? As I said before, the tally between these two was incredibly close. The closest from any Rankdown I've ever hosted I believe. Results will be coming around noon tomorrow. Good luck!

11 hours ago, *Amanda said:

I think his #18 & #19 will have the same fate as Zendaya last year - super high rankings from lots of people that propels them into the Top 5, but the tanked one will keep them from winning.

I said this about Chris still having #18 & #19 still in this earlier today and it ended up being true. :dead: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Elliott said:

Trying to figure out why Alex blames me for her not winning even though I wasn’t her lowest ranking. 🙂

Lmao I was just explaining my thought process when the top 20 was announced. I always knew you were a tank for her and I had a feeling Stephy was. No idea about Chris.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

HOW DARE YOU RANK HER 16TH.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Lmao I was just explaining my thought process when the top 20 was announced. I always knew you were a tank for her and I had a feeling Stephy was. No idea about Chris.

I wasn’t tanking her, though. For once, I refrained from being petty and more-or-less just ranked the Top 20 based off my personal feelings. There are a lot of my personal favourites that made the final vote. Without them, she’d have been higher.

• Like 1