idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

But maybe those aren't tanking scores - and are genuine rankings. :haha:   

Mine wasn’t so much of a tanking and more of “Well, I want to help the Strictly celebs out, and this person just happens to fit in at #11.” :haha: 

HI IM V DRUNK RIGHT NOW BUT I JUST WANNA THANK EVERYONE FOR THREE ICONIC RANKDOWNS WORTH OF LULZ AND EPICENESS ❤️ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

HI IM V DRUNK RIGHT NOW BUT I JUST WANNA THANK EVERYONE FOR THREE ICONIC RANKDOWNS WORTH OF LULZ AND EPICENESS ❤️ 

your welcome, even though I have contributed to none of the luls or epic.

8 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Elliott OUT. We love to see it.

will smith college GIF

You realize Elliott OUT = Richard IN, right?

3 minutes ago, rpryor03 said:

You realize Elliott OUT = Richard IN, right?

You say that like it's a bad thing? 🕵️‍♀️

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Supposedly, to some people *cough @Deeee cough*, it would be.

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

:dead: 

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

It is to me. :dead: 

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Drunk!Elliott :dead: 

So apparently I have lost the ability to do basic arithmetic at 1 am and I keep checking these final results and the numbers keep changing literally every time I do them I legit have no idea how or why. Might pass out and do two updates in the morning idk. We'll see what happens with this last try.

1 hour ago, rpryor03 said:

Supposedly, to some people *cough @Deeee cough*, it would be.

I miss you though! Just not your support of Donny Osmond.

Alright I got the original number I started with again lol, I think this is all right now.

Mel and Kristi ftw obvs

5. Mýa

alg-mya-dancing-with-the-st-jpg.jpg

Lily - 1/20

Public - 2/20

Dee - 4/20

Elliott - 4/20

Anne - 5/20

Victoria - 9/20

Wildcards - 9/20

Amanda - 11/20

Stephy - 11/20

Chris - 14/20

Sola - 19/20

LILY

Seeing as she has been my favorite DWTS contestant for 10+ years, it would be criminal for me to not put 2000s music icon, Season 9 champ and wife to Mýa, Mýa herself at #1. I'm sure this will be an expected move but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love Mýa and everything she brought to Season 9 of DWTS. She was in a league of her own and her dances still hold up as iconic all these years later. Mýa was part of an iconic pairing with Dmitry and they both complemented each other so brilliantly.

Mýa was so strong from the beginning, although famously faced Len Goodman's wrath. For no reason. He's still trash for this! All of Mýa's routines just felt like productions. I remember thinking her Jive almost felt like it should have been on SYTYCD. It was filled to the brim of personality, charisma and talent. I also adored both her Rumba and Lambada routines, both were so sensual in their own ways, and Carrie Ann and Bruno rightfully gave her 10s for these routines, giving her a perfect score of 20/20 :wub: Mýa had a slight mid-season dip in scores, but she was still dancing at an insanely high standard of course, with her Argentine Tango, Jitterbug and Foxtrot. Those final few weeks were so, so good for Mýa though, wow. In Week 8 she 'finally' won over Len, who was seven weeks too late but whatever. Her Quickstep was amazing and her '70s Samba was so, so good, totally embodying the era in both the moves and the personality! Week 9 saw Mýa perform a gorgeous Waltz, a fiery Cha-Cha, and a perfect-scoring Salsa to "La Isla Bonita". The latter routine remains my favorite dance in all 28 seasons of DWTS. It has everything - the chemistry between Mýa and Dmitry, the speed of the entire routine, the fire needed in the Salsa.. it's so good. If I ever want to go back and watch old routines this is frequently what I go for.

Mýa faced Kelly Osbourne and Donny Osmond in the finals. Seeing as Mýa was a ringer, and Donny was a fan favorite to the GP, it was pretty set in stone where this was going to go. Mýa wanted to go a different route for their Freestyle but Dmitry ended up choosing a route which didn't show their full capabilities, and it was up against Donny's Vegas/showbiz-themed number which was a big fan favorite. Nevertheless, Mýa still delivered a string of fantastic numbers that night, such as her Paso Doble and her Jive reprisal.

I remember getting super invested in Season 9 because of lots of stuff going on in my life otherwise at the time, and it just made me even more invested in Mýa's journey. Every week she brought something completely unique and exciting, yet filled with the same top-standard dancing. Years ago when I engaged more on Twitter, Mýa was also someone who was super engaging and would reply to messages which made me love her even more. I seem to remember asking her about All-Stars around the time of it airing and she said she wasn't asked, I believe, which is the biggest injustice in this show's history? But then I'm not surprised because remember when they did that "Lady Marmalade" performance on the show with Amber Riley, Patti LaBelle and Lil' Kim and didn't include Mýa. A robbery. Anyway I'm so, so happy that Mýa made top 20. I never thought it would happen in one of these rankdowns so thank you everyone for not cutting her! This is an accomplishment enough, for me.

ALEX

I cannot give Mya the writeup she deserves because it is past 1:30 in the morning and I wanted this posted half an hour ago but I jumbled up her and Mel's numbers while I was double-checking because there names are so similar and I think it almost sent me to an early grave. Mya is amazing, my favorite contestant ever, etc. It was long overdue that she earned her spot in the top 20, hell top 5, and next year it better be top 1.

DEE

tumblr_mmyz32DNXK1qg54mpo7_250.gifv

EthicalSparseIguana-small.gif

FINALLY. FINALLY. FINALLY.

giphy.gif

"My Love Is Like...Wo." "Lady Marmalade." "Ghetto Superstar (That Is What You Are)." "Case of the Ex." Chicago. 

Queen Mýa claims her rightful spot in the finals of this Rankdown. For the first time. LOL. Once again, third time is the charm. Mýa has deserved a spot in the finals every single year, but has been wrongfully cut by Richard - as revenge for Donny Osmond. YIKES.

Mýa is a Queen of the Ballroom. Honestly. Flawless contestant. I am so sad that she is associated with the trash that is Season 9. Queen Mýa is too flawless to be associated with Season 9, but she single-handedly saved the entire show from ruin. Honestly. 

Just one of the most iconic performers to ever appear on the show. Her dancing was flawless. She carried an entire season on her back. Personality? Amazing. Partnership with Dmitry? Perfect. The fact that it has been a three year process in order to get her into the finals...

giphy.gif

You would be hard-pressed to name many contestants better than her. Mýa is easily Top 10 of all-time. Legendary shit tbh. Okay so here were my goals for Version 3.0: Mýa, Brandy, Rumer, Mel B, Stacy, Laurie, Normani, and Kristi. I accomplished all of that.

giphy.gif

I was particularly nervous for Mýa though, as I really thought she would never see the finals. All the deal that were made to secure her spot...LOL.

giphy.gif

And why not fight for her? 

Need proof: Jive, Rumba, Lambada, Argentine Tango, Quickstep, '70s Samba, Waltz, Salsa, Cha-Cha, Paso Doble, Megamix, Freestyle.

I think all of these routines deserved perfect scores. She only received four perfect scores because Len legitimately hated Mýa for no good reason. He was randomly scoring her fives, sevens, eights because he is an idiot. Mýa has a phenomenal collection of routines. One of the best collection of routines ever. 

And she gifted us the iconic '70s Samba, which is still one of the best routines ever. She topped the leaderboard six times, ended the season with a final average of 27.3, and stayed on her queen shit the entire time. 

Seriously. Mýa is just a great contestant in every way, and the show did her a great disservice by pushing for Donny Osmond to win over her. Mýa was the runner-up of the season, but in my mind she won the entire show. IDC. She dominated and stayed on her queen shit the entire time, so I refuse to recognize Donny Osmond at the winner.

I hope Mýa either wins this Rankdown, or places in the Top 5. At the least. Or else I will have a Dee meltdown. ILY Mýa.

ELLIOTT

So obviously I love Mya's run on DWTS and she was my favourite of that season, but if I was doing an overall ranking, I don't think she'd be in my Top 10. :stealth: In retrospect, she should probably be ranked a bit lower in my ranking in this vote, but I'm so happy to see her finally make the final vote that I wanted to do my part and give her a Top 5 ranking. I'm sure Wally and Lily's write-ups will more than cover her run on DWTS, her music career and her iconic marriage to herself ( :giggle:), so I'm just gonna reiterate that Donny Osmond sucks and her losing to him is forever disgusting. But this is DWTS, aka where talented females get robbed too often, so it is what it is.

ANNE

I kept wanting to rank her higher. Probably because I did not watch this season live, I do not have a strong emotional reaction to her. I really wanted to celebrate her finally making the top 20. She was in season 9 of Dancing with the Stars. Dmitry Chaplin was her partner. (oh how I miss looking at him). Because the core voting audience of dancing with the stars is complete trash, she did not win her season. I am guessing someone will mention an underwhelming freestyle. Meh. A freestyle should not win you a ballroom competition. Ma’am. I just rewatched her jive, salsa and samba. Who gave her the right to be that damn good? She would have been my top favorite if I did watch live. *edit: she did end up much higher after I watched a few of her dances*

VICTORIA

tumblr_nsyvtmN7A91szbfero1_400.gifv
I actually like Brandy more than Mýa musically and as an actress but I preferred Mýa's Dancing with the Stars journey. The reason she is ninth is because she has an active fan club on IDF that could propel her to win so this placement is to stop that. Sorry, Mýa fan club but I am sure you guys will get her to a respectable ranking anyway. So let me start by saying that Mýa has bops as well. "Take Me There", "Case of the Ex", "My Love Is Like...Wo" and the iconic "Lady Marmalade" with P!nk, Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera. Mýa competed on Dancing with the Stars 9 and famously lost to Donny Osmond. She was partnered with Dmitry Chaplin and was utterly robbed of the win. We all know she should have won. Well, maybe Ricard doesn't know but the rest of us know. Queen of marrying herself made the finals of this rankdown and Donny Osmond didn't so I know pronounce you Mýa and Mýa. You may kiss the Mýa.

WALLY

SPAZZING IN EXCITEMENT that Mýa FINALLY made it to the Top 20 of this DWTS Rankdown game. It took 3 tries and for me to not be a ranker, wihch wait…. WTH, does it really take me not being a ranker to get Mýa to this point? LOL. :dead: Although I know it’s mostly because of Richard as he wrongly targets her all the time. But yeah it’s no secret that Mýa is my all-time favorite DWTS contestant so i am over the moon she’s in here. She’s obviously getting my #1 ranking, which shouldn’t be a surprise. I’ve loved Mýa LONG before her time on DWTS and loved her music, videos and dancing. ❤️

Of course we all know Season 9 was all about Mýa - which she completely slayed! :wub: I was never invested into a contestant’s journey as much as i was with Mýa’s. I voted for her every week, even the night I was at a SYTYCD concert, the night she performed her Viennese Waltz - I voted at the intermission part of the show. :lmao: And if I was out on other nights, I would still find ways voting for her. I would watch her dances a ton and would still do so well after the season ended. My favorite dances from Mýa would include her: Jive, Rumba, Lambada, Argentine Tango, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Samba, Waltz, Salsa, Cha-Cha and Paso Doble. All such amazing dances! :wub: It disappoints me to say her Freestyle while very good, was disappointing because i know she’s capable of MUCH more than that - so I’ll blame Dmitry there. 

Besides being really gorgeous and talented, I think one of my favorite things about Mýa is that she’s a quieter personality but on the dance floor, she’s a bonafide STAR! It’s a danggg shame she didn’t win Season 9 like she 200% deserve to but there was no way of beating that Donny Osmond fanbase. And maybe we should all be lucky Mýa got 2nd because in a current modern day DWTS world, she probably would have been a Week 5 shock boot. Ugh don’t want to think of that. 

But i want to say thank you to everyone for not targeting Mýa, and Lily always coming through to save her whenever she was up, as I was never able to do so. :wub: Or if someone else saved Mýa that wasn’t Lily, thank you to them! Hoping the best for Mýa to rank really high with a hopeful Top 10 placement - and #1 rankings from Lily and Alex!

AMANDA

tumblr_lzw518Im0h1rpkg2no2_r2_250.gif

Mya! The star of season 9 and absolutely the rightful winner of the season. Brilliant from the get-go, to the point where Len's obvious distaste for Dmitry's stellar choreography became grossly annoying when he denied the pair of many perfect scores. I'm sure Lily and Wally will write novels on her, so this will be on the short side. She has  SO many brilliant dances. My personal favorite is her 70's Samba that finally earned her a perfect score after Len holding out for so long, but I also loved her Jive, Rumba, Lambada, Argentine Tango, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Waltz, and Paso Doble. The only huge misstep she had ws her Freestyle and that falls squarely on Dmitry's shouders - he should've listened when Mya was questioning his ideas for the routine, but oh well. As far as I'm concerned, she's the true winner of the season. Forget that other guy!

STEPHY

She was robbed of the trophy (I am not a Donny Osmond fan).

CHRIS

giphy.gif
A beloved celebrity that may potentially win it all. I do like some of Mya's dances (e.g.: Paso Doble to "We Will Rock You", and her Samba). However, she is not my preferred celebrity and I fear that she has enough fans in this rankdown which could lead her to a victory if I had her any higher than this. 

SOLA

I have said it several times over the last couple of rankdowns.  I don’t care for Mya.  She probably deserved to win her season, but she always came across very smug for me.  She was a great dancer and a great partner for Dmitri.  If I don’t find someone likable I have a hard time rooting for them no matter how well they dance.  The reason I never went after her was to pay homage to Team Sollace. Go figure the one time she makes the finals, Wally is not a ranker.  That said I would take Joanna over Mya any day.  I will say though she did deserve to beat Donny, and her Lambada was out of this world. 

And apologies to Lily for eliminated her number one's in two different rankdowns at the same time :dead:. The wrong math would've helped Mya unfortunately.

• Sad 1

Also Stephy's writeup had me cackling for 5 minutes :dead:. Short, simple, and to the point :wub:. Not a lie was told.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Did Alex just give away #4 with his write up? lol

Mel could or could not be #4, but that has nothing to do with the mistake I made.

6 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Did Alex just give away #4 with his write up? lol

messy GIF

21 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

And apologies to Lily for eliminated her number one's in two different rankdowns at the same time :dead:. The wrong math would've helped Mya unfortunately.

DO THAT MATH AGAIN - and use the wrong numbers please. 😢  

20 minutes ago, Solaris said:

finally.  All is right in the world.  (Sorry Wally)

Awww it's fine. 😢 I do greatly appreciate you not cutting her out of respect for me though. :hug:  

19 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Also Stephy's writeup had me cackling for 5 minutes :dead:. Short, simple, and to the point :wub:. Not a lie was told.

Soooo much truth! :lmao: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

YES. :dead: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

DO THAT MATH AGAIN - and use the wrong numbers please. 😢  

orlando bloom cheating GIF