idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

Dee told me he ranked someone else at 7th.

Confused Confusion GIF

I honesty did not remember my exact rankings, but I was pretty sure that person was 7th. They are clearly 8th. I’m sorry. :dead:

13 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I honesty did not remember my exact rankings, but I was pretty sure that person was 7th. They are clearly 8th. I’m sorry. :dead:

Lying to get an extra spot higher...

No Way Romano GIF by TV Land

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Lying to get an extra spot higher...

No Way Romano GIF by TV Land

Honestly no. :dead:

I genuinely thought she was seventh! 

Everybody Loves Raymond. 🤎

Great placement for Meryl!

Interesting how with her elimination it kinda comes down to an old-school vs. new-school divide in the F6 (pre-season 10: Mel, Kristi and Mya vs season 20 onwards: Rumer, Laurie and Normani)

Three Val partners. :dead: 

6 hours ago, Solaris said:

Amanda your #1 is flawless ❤️

6 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Yours is too ❤️ 

tenor.gif?itemid=12161806

I'm expecting the Top 6 to go down like this:

06. Rumer Willis

05. Laurie Hernandez

04. Normani Kordei

03. Mel B

02. Mya

01. Kristi Yamaguchi

Also, the wildcards ranking Meryl #2. :wub: 

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

06. Rumer Willis

05. Laurie Hernandez

04. Normani Kordei

03. Mel B

02. Mya

01. Kristi Yamaguchi

This is a very good guess. :yes: 

Rumer, Laurie, and Normani are the ones I was thinking got the some of the rankers' remaining 16-20 slots.

Alex’s comment of “Imma sit this one out 🙂 “ is my FAVORITE ever. :dead: 

• Like 2

Meryl!

Well done to her getting #7. Yeah my suspicions are right that she’s that kind of big name on here that will never win a Rankdown game. But I am especially happy for Amanda that Meryl got in the Top 10 this year - as I felt bad she just missed out last year.

She is definitely an amazing dancer and all-time great. That goes without saying. Loved all of the amazing write-ups for her especially from Amanda and Sola. Although Elliott choosing her Samba as his favorite dance of hers is something I never heard of before. 😮

And OOOH as always i think Lily hit in in the head of why I don’t love her as a personal all-time favorite. It could be that fact that she comes off too perfect which makes me lack that strong connection with her.

And DANGG Meryl getting the #2 spot from the Wildcards yet I ranked her at #16. I promise that was not a tanking rank. But lmao did I singlehandly take that #1 ranking from her via us wildcards? :dead: Cause I am sure Richard and Megan put her at #1 or maybe Richard did #2 and Diana probably put her #2. Hmmm

Although Meryl getting 3 #1 votes and 3 #20 votes is hilarious. :dead: 

28 minutes ago, Elliott said:

06. Rumer Willis

05. Laurie Hernandez

04. Normani Kordei

03. Mel B

02. Mya

01. Kristi Yamaguchi

PLEASE be right. :wub: But I don't wanna get my hopes up too high. :lmao: 

LOL would be fitting for my actual favorite of this Top 20 to come 2nd to Kristi - like with Nicole. :haha: 

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Although Meryl getting 3 #1 votes and 3 #20 votes is hilarious. :dead: 

:dead:

I'm not surprised, though. She's evidently polarizing, so I'm more pleasantly surprised she made it all the way to #7.

Live footage of @*Wallace exclusively targeting Kristi next rankdown after she beats Nicole and Mya two rankdowns in a row:

friday the 13th horror GIF

6. Rumer Willis

20150505_010647_DWTS-0504-28.jpg?w=1024&

Sola - 3/20

Dee - 5/20

Anne - 6/20

Chris - 7/20

Elliott - 7/20

Public - 7/20

Amanda - 8/20

Victoria - 8/20

Lily - 16/20

Wildcards - 17/20

Stephy - 18/20

SOLA

I am stoked that Rumer is in the final ranking.  I tried not to let on this go round about how much I liked her so she could fly under the radar.  Anne knew I loved her in the last rankdown, and didn’t do anything about it this time.  That said, Rumer was my pre-season favorite on her season.  She was partnered with Val, who is probably my favorite male dance partner.  Rumer is my also my favorite Val partner.  I feel like her attitude had a lot to do with it, and I just dug her vibe.  She had six perfect scores.  My favorite dances from her were her Foxtrot, Freestyle, Contemporary, Rumba and Disney Samba (anyone who chooses to identify with a female villain usually wins me over).  She was also part of Team Trouble for her freestyle, and that dance rocked.  I love the personal touch she added to the freestyle by having her and Val record a new version of toxic.  I don’t think she can win this, but I would love it if she did well.  I hope this ranking props her up a few spots.

DEE

anigif_enhanced-11344-1432140364-28.gif?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nokykvlzPU1tbo6e7o3_500.gifv

source.gif

FINALLY. FINALLY. FINALLY.

giphy.gif

Rumer Willis. The icon. Winner of Season 20. At last a Rankdown finalist. 

Advancing Rumer to the finals also took a lot of careful negotiation and hardwork during the final rounds. I was fairly certain that she would be the final cut of Lily or Stephy, but I did what I had to do to make sure Rumer finally ended up right where she deserves to be.

Actual footage of me begging people to stop the onslaught of Val partners and spare Rumer:

giphy.gif

When the cast for Season 20 was announced, I did not peg Rumer as the obvious winner or even as the clear frontrunner. Nastia Liukin and Riker Lynch seemed way more like TCOs than Rumer did. Especially given how Val had been successful the three seasons prior, but was clearly not being given the TCO. 

So color me surprised when on the first week of the competition, Rumer slayed the Foxtrot and earned the highest score of the week (32). The routine actually stands out as one of the best of the season, even though it happened so early in the competition. Rumer instantly became my favorite of the season, though I was still not convinced that she would win or come close to winning just yet.

Then she danced the Cha-Cha to "Rumour Has It" on #MyJamMonday and slayed again. Rumer had the best routine of the night imo, and deserved a bit of a higher score than a 32. Again, not convinced of her brilliance just yet, but becoming more hopeful by this point.

Her Salsa to "Turn the Beat Around" on Latin Night was a little more proof, but still not enough to push me into full stan mode just yet. I though she could have tied for top of the leaderboard this night as well, but the 33 was fair. Most Memorable Year Night was the week I finally realized how incredible Rumer was and began to see the potential for her to win. "Turning Tables" is an incredible Waltz, and Len robbed her of the 36 that she deserved. Rumer looked and danced like such a natural, and I liked the somberness of the dance a lot. Somber/Dark routines would soon become characteristic of Rumer's journey on the show, and this Waltz helped kick Rumer's journey into high gear.

Disney Night saw Rumer dance a Samba to "Poor Unfortunate Souls." I loved that Rumer wanted to be a villain, rather than a princess. Her personality was far more tolerable and relatable than most contestants to have appeared on the show. Rumer was very down to earth and real, which I loved. That Samba is flawless and deserved a perfect score, but instead received a 39 thanks to Len. Again. Rumer nailed the role of Ursual and finally found herself at the top of the leaderboard again. 

Full Rumer stan mode? Activated.

While she was seemingly headed to slay the competition, Rumer followed up five fabulous weeks with her two poorest performances in the competition. It became very clear that the judges were lowballing Rumer in an effort to start building her winner storyline, but she received an offensively low score for her "Bootylicious" Jazz routine on Spring Break Night. 32? LOL. At least she received the 39 from the Team Freestyle that same night, dancing as part of the ICONIC Team Trouble. :wub:

On Eras Night, Rumer danced a 1960s themed Jive that I found to be really good and kind of underrated on IDF. I think she deserved a 36, but was scored a 35 instead. Rumer handily defeated Chris Soules in the Cha-Cha dance-off to earn two extra points. Rumer was the last to be called safe this week, and my hopes for a Rumer win felt pretty dashed at this point. However, Rumer would return to form the next week and deliver two of the greatest routines in DWTS history.

The combination of her Rumba and Paso Doble - has any other contestant in DWTS history ever had such an iconic and perfect night? 🔥

Her Rumba to "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" is easily my favorite routine of hers and the best routine of Season 20 by a mile. I think I may have said that Stacy had the best Rumba in the history of the show - scratch that. This Rumba is literally so amazing. UGH. Then she danced that Trio Paso Doble with Artem and Val to "Scot & Fran's Paso Doble," serving us fans all the glory we needed and giving us life! Two perfect scores and a spot on the top of the leaderboard.

Though the competition with Nastia and Riker was tough, America's Choice Night really solidified Rumer as the one to beat. Semifinals arrived and Rumer was on fire from her previous week, so my expectations for her were incredibly high. She started the evening dancing an impeccable Viennese Waltz to "Earned It." Why Len Goodman and Julianne Hough denied her a perfect score, I will never know. That 38 was such bullshit, even if I think it was again done in an attempt to bolster fan reactions and vote for her. That's okay though, as Rumer would receive her perfect score after dancing what might actually be my favorite routine on DWTS ever:

Her Contemporary set to Tchaikovsky's "Theme From Swan Lake, Op. 20." My love for the story of Swan Lake knows no bounds, so I knew I would fall in love with this dance. And I did. Rumer killed this performance, and Val created such a masterful routine here. From the set design to the costuming to the choreography - seriously a phenomenal routine. Rumer was scored below Riker and Nastia, which of course meant that she would be in danger of leaving right before the finals.

America did the right thing and saved Rumer instead of Nastia. #BLESS. Rumer went into the finals with three perfect scores, three weeks on top of the leaderboard, and the support of every viewer praying and itching for a Val win.

During the finals, Rumer danced a reprise of her Foxtrot from the first week of the competition, and there was so much more power and dynamism in her dancing. Rumer had gained a ton of confidence over the course of the competition, which is something she admitted to severely struggling with on the show. But Rumer had transformed, and her Foxtrot Reprise is gorgeous. First perfect score of the night.

Next came her Freestyle. Rumer sang a cover of "Toxic," which was then used as the song for her Freestyle routine. Epic. This Freestyle suited Rumer so well - dark, moody, atmospheric, sultry. Val smartly played to Rumer's strength, and the result is one of the finest, yet the most subdued Freestyle in DWTS history. Second perfect score of the night.

I remember how stressful the voting period was for the finale very vividly. Rumer and Riker were fiercely competing for the Mirrorball, and the call was much closer than I think any of us know. A ton of debate ensued. I was completely unsure of Rumer's chances, but I voted for her as much as possible, and kept my fingers crossed for the best.

Her final act of the season was dancing the perfect Foxtrot/Paso Doble Fusion on Night Two of the finale. This is easily one of the best fusion routines ever, and so deserving of the perfect score it received. The race between Rumer and Riker came down to mere votes, but she managed to win! Such an exciting moment and probably the most gratifying win for me personally as a viewer. She clearly worked her ass off and had grown so visibly over the ten week journey. Rumer danced some of the finest pieces of choreography ever. Just such a perfect winner. ❤️

Six perfect scores. Numerous amazing routines. Final average of 37.0. First Val partner to win the Mirrorball Trophy. So satisfying. 

source.gif

Rumer has always come up against some problems in this Rankdown - AKA Wally and Lily. But I was able to accomplish getting Rumer to the finals, with the help of others of course, and achieve one of my main goals for Version 3.0. Now all I need is for Rumer to place as high as possible, or win!

ANNE

My flat out favorite winning their season? She was the first case of this happening. Sadly, during the finale, idf was on one of its many deaths, otherwise I would have been celebrating with everyone. (except for a select few who liked the celebrity with more ballroom experience than his “professional” partner) I will admit most of her dances were moody and a bit dark. Then again, most of the songs kind of forced that. Was it her natural strength? Obviously. Did she maybe lack a bit of versatility? Perhaps. Her standout routines were her foxtrot (strategic queen redid her week 1 dance in the finale), her argentine tango posing as a freestyle, her rumba, Viennese waltz and her contemporary. I might have forgotten some dances, but I do not believe in writing novels.

CHRIS

giphy.gifsource.gif

Rumer is not one of my all-time favourite but she is a celebrity that I would be fine with winning the rankdown considering she was a stronger dancer - she started stronger and only improved from there. One of my favourite routine of her & Val's was their Rumba to Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps, and a simple honourable mention to their three routines performed at the finale and their samba to "Poor Unfortunate Souls". 

ELLIOTT

Rumer finally getting a spot in the Top 20? Work. Rumer’s my favourite of her season (obviously) so I’m stoked that she finally made it this far. Her Week 1 foxtrot? Flawless. Her week 2 cha-cha-cha? Flawless. Her week 3 salsa? Flawless. Her week 4 waltz? Flawless. Her week 5 samba? Flawless. Her week 6 jazz? Flawless. Her week 7 jive? Flawless. Her week 8 routines? Flawless and flawless. And also featuring Artem, which was a nice inclusion. 🍦 Her week 9 routines? Flawless and flawless. And also without the riggers that was Julianne H*gh coaching Riker Lynch.  Her finale set list? Legit. In the end, she thankfully won, which was double epic considering who she was up against.

ALEX

Umm why is Ms. Victoria trying to throw shade at me even though Rumer's one of my favorite contestants ever??? I'm THRILLED she finally made it to the end of this game, just to spite Wally all you ugly ass haters 😘. Rumer is an icon and one of the best contestants to do this show. Easily a member of my top 10.

AMANDA

giphy.gif

I already suspect that Rumer is getting tanked rankings from a few people, so placing her in my Top 10 was an easy decision. Rumer SLAYED all of season 20 and her winning was an amazing end to the season. She had so many great dances - Her stunning week 1 Foxtrot where she quickly established as a frontrunner for the season, her fun Disco themed Salsa, her gorgeous and emotional most memorable year Waltz, her Samba where she was the perfect Ursula after refusing to be a princess on Disney night and stating that she wanted to be a villain instead, her perfect-scoring night of that flawless Rumba and Flawless Paso Doble trio, her Swan Lake Contemporary, her beautiful Viennese Waltz, and her trifecta of perfect-scoring dances - her Foxtrot reprise, Freestyle and Fusion dance. So many brilliant and amazing dances throughout the season. I know the big complaint with her is that all of her dances are "too dark" and didn't show enough diversity, BUT WHO CARES????? When you SLAY the way Rumer did all season long, I don't care about ~diversity~ because she is amazing and she deserved to win the season. I was so happy for her and Val to win, not only because they earned the win, but seeing Val win after his gross robbery with Zendaya a few seasons earlier was amazing. I'm so happy Rumer made the Top 20. I don't expect her to win or anything because certain people don't understand how great she is, but I'm thrilled she made it because I never thought she would.

VICTORIA

source.gif
So here is a random rant. I don't understand how people dislike Bindi Irwin for not being a celebrity and just being the daughter of Steve Irwin when Rumer Willis was not a celebrity either and was just the daughter of two celebrties; Demi Moore and Bruce Willis. That is two celebrity parents so twice the nepotism. I think she is an actress now as she has guest starred on Empire and I think she is an aspiring singer as she was on The Mask Singer. Oh, I just remembered she was in The House Bunny. I do like Rumer but I just fine the double standard funny is all. So Rumer Willis competed on Dancing with the Stars 20 and she was partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy. They went on to win the season and she tied Meryl and Kristi for the most amount of perfect score for a season with six. She defeated the evil known as Riker and Noah so thank you for that, Rumer. This is a decent placement for Rumer and I wish her well in the final rankdown although I'm sure Alex doesn't.

LILY

This is another strong finish in the rankdown for Season 20 winner Rumer! I do really like her and she's another one who I rooted for a lot in her season but as the seasons have gone on, she hasn't stuck out as an all-time fave of mine. I think this also is because I know how loved Rumer is here, and while I still really like her, I don't match the love that others have for her as much. Nevertheless, her journey was super strong.

Rumer was the frontrunner from the start with an incredible opening Foxtrot. For the first half of the season she never really lost her mojo. Her Cha-Cha, Salsa, Waltz, and of course her Samba as Ursula for Disney week were all great highlights. Whilst she hit a rough spot in the middle, with her Jazz, and a slight blow-up prior to her Jive, but she bounced back. Nevertheless, her weaker moments were not bad. I adored her Foxtrot in the dance-off round which was only about 30-45 seconds, but I thought it was super underrated and a really classy, high-standard routine. From this point, Rumer was easily the frontrunner. In her next seven dances, she scored six perfect scores. At the final, I was team Rumer, but then found myself enjoying Riker's final routines more. I would have been happy with either win there, and they were a really strong top 2 in a season which generally had a lot of mediocre contestants.

So yeah, I thought Rumer was a great participant and I've loved seeing some of the stuff she's done since - she was great (and robbed) on her run on The Masked Singer, and also I recently watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and she made like a 2-second appearance lol. I know she's gonna get a lot of love in this top 20, so I'll leave it to others to give her some great words! But I love this top 20 and feel fair placing her here.

WALLY

Well I thought she was gonna be my 20th ranking but then Elizabeth being in the final group happened. :giggle: But she gets my #19 spot, and it’s genuine. Well done to Rumer making it to the Finals the first time. If I was a ranker, I’m not sure if I would have agreed to that. :haha: Rumer is a great dancer and deserving winner but it’s clear I’m not as huge on her like the rest of the forum. My favorite dances from Rumer would include her: Foxtrot, Waltz, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble trio (with Artem), Viennese Waltz, Contemporary and Freestyle.

STEPHY

I honestly think that Rumer and Val were the most overrated couple during their season, for the simple fact that I thought that they were overpraised too much. As soon as rumours start (two weeks before cast reveal) that these two were going to be partners and as soon as you hear Val say that he hasn’t won in 8 seasons, you know that they were going to win no matter what. There was a lot of rumours at the start of the competition between these two (about the leaking of the pictures and romance rumours), and I am glad only one of them came out to be true. But in saying that, there was only one dance that I found entertaining, which was her Jive and it was due to the fact it was the only dance that was different from all of her other dances.

I thought you disliked Rumer. :dead: I must have mistaken you for someone else. 🤣

41 minutes ago, Elliott said:

06. Rumer Willis

05. Laurie Hernandez

04. Normani Kordei

03. Mel B

02. Mya

01. Kristi Yamaguchi

raven symone GIF

Just now, *Wallace said:

FINALLY. :wub: :bobo: 

It was Wally. :dead: Sorry, Alexander.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

FINALLY. :wub: :bobo: 

🙂 

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

:dead:

I'm not surprised, though. She's evidently polarizing, so I'm more pleasantly surprised she made it all the way to #7.

Ahhh so true. It does make it very impressive how she got #7 though. 😮 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Live footage of @*Wallace exclusively targeting Kristi next rankdown after she beats Nicole and Mya two rankdowns in a row:

friday the 13th horror GIF

I WILL DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT. 😢 

36 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Also, the wildcards ranking Meryl #2. :wub: 

Even with my low #16 vote. I am impressed. :dead: