idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

8 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Honestly, she might. And that would be iconic.

monique i would like to see it GIF

• Like 1

I'm hoping for an unexpected Meryl victory ❤️ 

Just now, Elliott said:

I'm hoping for an unexpected Meryl victory ❤️ 

Same. ❤️ 

But there are several people who I know put her at 18, 19, or 20 and that will probably ruin her chances.

Just now, *Amanda said:

Same. ❤️ 

But there are several people who I know put her at 18, 19, or 20 and that will probably ruin her chances.

jimmy fallon dancing GIF

Just now, *Amanda said:

But there are several people who I know put her at 18, 19, or 20

When-Your-Bestie-Plays-Devil-Advocate.gi

Just now, Elliott said:

When-Your-Bestie-Plays-Devil-Advocate.gi

Was that not what people played last year too? I mean she surpassed an 11th place finished so I claim victory.

I literally think Kristi might have a chance at winning again. :dead:

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

I literally think Kristi might have a chance at winning again. :dead:

Same. :dead: 

I literally put in my write up "She'll probably get tanked but I'm gonna rank her high again because she's one of my favorites" expecting some people to tank a previous rankdown winner, but she actually has a great shot at pulling off the twopeat. :dead: 

lol I ranked her 6th so she's clearly going to be a repeat winner :dead:

The only repeat rankdown champion as well, I believe.

Pretty sure I ranked her third. Not 100% sure. ☠️

I ranked her fourth because I thought there was no way she would win again.

mr rogers clown GIF

7. Meryl Davis

sOmszIN8PqHKiFkV7g5Qm8fnPDeqcXKdmIWvkOyW

Amanda - 1/20

Elliott - 1/20

Sola - 1/20

Wildcards - 2/20

Public - 6/20

Dee - 7/20

Victoria - 11/20

Lily - 18/20

Anne - 20/20

Chris - 20/20

Stephy - 20/20

AMANDA

y6JVso.gif

And absolutely no one is shocked at me ranking Meryl as my #1. Everyone knows she's my favorite ever from the show. I'm one of her most vocal supporters and I am so happy that she somehow managed to make Top 20 again. I don't expect her to win because for some reason people still think she's a predictable rankdown winner even after last year's rankdown showed that she's actually quite polarizing. Fresh off of capturing the Olympic Gold in Ice Dance with Charlie White, becoming the first US Ice Dance team to do so, both Meryl and Charlie were an obvious choice to be cast on DWTS. And Meryl SLAYED the competition. Her Cha-Cha? An amazing start to the competition for her. Her Swing? Another amazing routine filled with increedible lifts and tricks. Her Foxtrot? A stunning and emotional dance that deserved the 39 it received. Her Argentine Tango with Val? Crushed every other couple during the switch-up week and earned another well-deserved 39. Her Samba? Admittedly one of her weaker dances, but still a great one nonetheless. Her Tango? BRILLIANT. The best Tango to be done on the show. Completely deserving of the perfect 40 it received. Her Salsa? Another fantastic routine that deserved the 39 it received. And then Abby Lee Miller happened and the judges decided that Meryl's win needed to not seem like a runaway, so they decided to lowball her that week while propping Amy Purdy up. Because her Rumba was a beautiful dance that deserved more than 36 points. Her Samba with Danica also deserved way more than 34 points. Abby Lee Miller is THE WORST and Maks' clap back to her after her comments regarding the Rumba was amazing. Luckily, once the semi-finals hit, the judges gave her nothing but perfect scores for all of her dances. The string of her fantastic Jive, gorgeous Viennese Waltz, brilliant Argentine Tango, stunning and emotional Freestyle, and amazing Fusion were all fully deserving of the perfect scores they received and helped propel her into being one of the all-time greats from this show on her way to winning the mirror ball - a win that was rightfully and deservedly hers after a stellar run all season long. Meryl got her win and Maks finally got his first win after many failed attempts at winning in the past. Maks' partnership with the Meryl was the peak of his career on the show and even though he would give us the iconic "Waterfalls" Rumba with HeMo in a later season, I still stand by my belief that Maks should've ended his tenure on the show with Meryl, as I don't think any partnership he had afterwards would've been able to top the perfection that was the Meryl & Maks one. Meryl is an amazing Ice Dancer, an amazing Dancing With the Stars contestant, and a lovely person. Mirai Nagasu was right when she referred to Meryl as "The Queen" because Meryl Davis truly is a Queen. She is by far my #1 favorite ever and I do not forsee the love I have for any future celeb topping my love for Meryl. As I said, I don't expect her to win the rankdown because I already know that she will receive tanked rankings from several rankers, so I'm just happy she made the Top 20 and will gladly rank her at #1 on my final ranking for the second consecutive year.

ELLIOTT

Meryl making the Top 20 two years in a row? GodIsReal.gif Anyway, she easily takes my #1 ranking again and I'm already prepping my tools if Dee tries to pull some shenanigans and rank her last again. 😘 As the #1 Maksim Chmerkovskiy stan at IDF, it was frustrating to watch him get robbed / not win season-after-season when his contestants had all the makings of a champion. (Especially when you factor that votes-wise, he apparently got the closest to winning with Kirstie Alley... A CHOICE! I say, completely ignoring she was my favourite at the time of her initial season.) Anyway, when he got partnered with Meryl Davis, I was, as always, optimistic that his luck would finally turn around and he'd win, but I'd also been burned so many times in the past seasons that I wasn't getting my hopes up.

But it was hard not being too convinced she was winning when she slayed week after week, easily becoming the highest-scoring DWTS contestant at the time of her victory. (I think Laurie Hernandez has that record now, but I could be mistaken on some thing.) Anyway, her score should be even higher than it is if the judges didn't pull their usual "Let's underscore the female frontrunner coming into the finale so it doesn't look like an obvious victory." Rolling my eyes.

My favourite dance of hers is her Jungle Book themed routine for Disney Week. I don't know why, but I just always find myself rewatching it the most of her routines. Ready for her to return for DWTS: All Stars 2, where she Sandra's the competition and becomes the only two-time mirrorball champion of Dancing With the Stars. Queen.

SOLA

This is who I wanted to rank #1 last year, but I wound up ranking her number two instead because Team Sollace put their weight behind getting #Sherzytop2.  I don’t have to do that this time.  Meryl is my favorite Maks partner, and my favorite dancer on Dancing with the stars.  She was serene, likable and the highest scoring dancer ever.  Sure she is an ice dancer so she is probably the most well equipped to be in the ballroom, but it does not change the masterful performances she put on week in and week out.  Six perfect scores, a great journey is about all I can ask for.  My favorite dance from her Viennese Waltz in the semifinals.  However, she had so many incredible moments, and her freestyle was up there as one of those moments.  Meryl will never win this rankdown.  She has just as many people who think she is overrated and will rate her low (Chris) as she has fans.  I am just happy I get to rank her #1 and that she got her spot in the final rankings.

WALLY

Not going to petty rank Meryl this year and will give her my genuine ranking - which is lower than what it would have been last year. But yeah I love 15 other contestants more, so Meryl will get my #16 spot. Meryl is really loved and a huge favorite on here and understandably so. But with that going on for her, she’s someone tat could receive petty votes and not win this Rankdown game. We shall see. But yeah I do love Meryl and think she’s a stunning and amazing dancer. My favorite dances from her would include her: Foxtrot, Argentine Tango (with Val), Tango, Jive, Viennese Waltz and Freestyle. She proved to be a deserving winner for her season.

ALEX

Imma sit this one out :))

DEE

EducatedNippyArmyant-size_restricted.gif

y6JVso.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=3565782

F3XM.gif

tumblr_n65dvnBzRk1rfb1y6o1_500.gif

There is a reason why Meryl Davis has the highest final average in the entire Dancing with the Stars franchise, including even the international season. There simply has never been a better contestant to appear on the show than her. Meryl Davis is the GOAT. No questions asked.

Ten weeks of pure domination. A technical ability the likes of which have never been seen in any other contestant on this show. Meryl is just incredible, and yeah, she definitely called upon all the skills learned from her Olympic Gold Medalist career as an ice dancer. WHO GIVES A SHIT. Meryl worked her entire life to be the best, so who cares that she went on to win the Mirrorball with complete ease?

There will never be a contestant as amazing as Meryl Davis. I just do not see the possibility. She set a new standard of excellence on this show that will probably never bet met or overthrown. That is bad bitch behavior. All done with a massive Olympic Gold Medalist smile on her face the entire time. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10644747

Seven weeks on the top of the leaderboard. Six perfect scores, when she probably deserved about ten perfect scores. A juicy love angle with her partner Maks while competing against Peta Murgatroyd. Besting her ice dancer partner Charlie White ate every turn. Meryl Davis is seriously THAT GIRL. LOL.

The perfect combination of flawless dancing + juicy drama/entertainment. There is no getting better. 

My favorite dances: all of them.

No seriously. Every single dance of hers is incredible. 

Foxtrot = Flawless. Deserved a perfect score. Just robbed of a perfect score. Best routine of this style.

Switch-Up Argentine Tango = This routine is sickeningly insane. Deserved a perfect score, yet robbed once again. My favorite Argentine Tango ever.

Party Anthem Tango = Iconic routine is iconic. First perfect score. Best Tango ever performed on the show. What more is there to say?

Salsa = Another perfect routine wrongfully robbed of a perfect score by one point. Flaw free.

American Icons Jive = Perfection. One of the most most technically clean Jives ever performed on the show. Second perfect score of the season.

Viennese Waltz = Possibly the best routine of the season. Graceful. Meryl was floating through this routine. Third perfect score.

Finale Argentine Tango = Nearly as good as her first routine in this style. Incredible. Sexy. Chemistry is incredible in this routine. Fourth perfect score.

Freestyle = Beautiful. Maybe the best display of her dancing all season. 

Foxtrot/Cha-Cha Fusion = What more could you ask for? You already know what I will say about this routine. Sixth perfect score of the season.

The lowest scores Meryl received all season were a 24 for her Cha-Cha on Week One, and a 25 for her Swing on Week Two. Both routines definitely were still great, and probably still could have afforded to be given an extra point or two. Her dancing is too insanely good for scores that low, but the judges/producers definitely lowballed her on a few occasions to keep the competition somewhat interesting. 

Though I do agree with the scores given for her Samba on Disney Night, Rumba, and Samba Celebrity Duel. Meryl Davis had a few unperfected moments of dance during the competition, which made her feel more interesting as a competitor. Because she came across like a gamebot this season, ready to just destroy everybody in her path to the Mirrorball. LOL.

This year, I am doing the right thing and ranking Meryl high like she deserves. I know my past behavior has contradicted my absolute love for her, but I definitely made deals and promises and fought hard for her survival during the final rounds of this Rankdown. I've tanked her once before, but this year, I rank her like she is one of my favorite contestants of all-time. Which she truly is. 

VICTORIA

tumblr_mgjkv4vVaN1qawc47o1_500.gifv

I guess this would be considered my first controversial ranking? One could say Laurie Hernandez was but I think Meryl is the bigger threat. I really do love Meryl but she does have her legions of fans on here that make it hard for others to win. If she is your number 1 favorite it's beneficial but if she is not than it's not. You will think I am lying but Meryl is in my top 5 contestants but she is too big of a threat. I'm sure she will have a lot of high rankings and I'm assuming she will have some low scores. I decided to play the middle ground here. Let me start by saying Dancing with the Stars 18 was the Meryl Davis show and everyone else were just supporting characters. I had no idea who she or Charlie White, for that matter, was before this but boy did she make an impression. Meryl being an Olympic Ice Skater/Dancer she definitely had an advantage but that doesn't always mean you win. Sometimes the advantage works like Nicole or Jennifer and sometimes it doesn't like Mel or Heather. Meryl Davis was partnered with my former favorite pro, Makism Chmerkovskiy and together they walked away with the victory giving Maks his first win. FINALLY. Meryl had many, many memorable dances but her Argentine Tango will always stand out to me. The chemistry Maks and Meryl had oozed through the screen. There were even articles up online alluding to the fact that they were sleeping together and the show played up the romantic aspect. I'm kind of sad they didn't end up together. Meryl was the whole package, she was beautiful, had amazing technique, had grace and pose and had two amazing cheerleaders in Maks and Charlie. Meryl holds the record for the highest overall cumulative average score with 28.4. She snatched it from Kristi Yamaguchi which was not an easy task. Meryl is one of the greats and I hope she places in the top half of the rank despite my ranking. LONG LIVE QUEEN MERYL.

LILY

Coming in at my 18th position, is the winner of Season 18! Meryl is, without a doubt, one of the most strongest dancers we've ever seen on Dancing with the Stars. I love ringers and it's refreshing to see them bring unstoppable dance talent every week. Back in Season 18 I was pretty much fully team Meryl - I enjoyed Danica too and also the more 'comedic' contestants like NeNe and Drew, but Meryl was definitely who I primarily rooted for throughout. She slayed it pretty much every week - with an insane 28.4 average!

Obviously one of the friendly 'rivalries' in Season 18 was Meryl and Charlie, who had been an ice skating duo for several years prior to going against each other for the first time. Early on, Charlie took the lead, scoring higher/equal to Meryl in the first couple of weeks. They both put up a good fight and technically speaking, this season should have ended with those two as the final two. Meryl really broke out from Week 3 onwards, with a near-perfect scoring Foxtrot, an amazing Argentine Tango with Val (probably my favorite dance of hers honestly - it is insanely good), and another great Tango with Maks a couple weeks after. Meryl was pretty much in a one-horse race by the end, where they did 'try' to screw her at one point by making her bottom of the leaderboard in A**y-L**-Mi**er week. She bounced back from that though, with perfect scores for every dance after.

Meryl is someone who I saw being an all-time fave for me for seasons to come. And I definitely still love her, even if it may not always reflect in my rankdown placements of her. For me, when I look back at her Season 18 run, I remember the amazing dances, and the attempt at a showmance with Maks, but I don't think I felt a great connect with her otherwise, in comparison to my favorites in more recent seasons. Idk, I need to give it a rewatch. I hate the criticism of "too perfect", but I almost get that now thinking about Meryl - she was just so dang good that beyond the dancing I maybe didn't completely resonate with her. Regardless, top 20 is obviously completely deserving for Meryl. I know she'll get some great placements and writeups here.. this top 20 is just so good that I have to put her here, now.

ANNE

Here is my petty ranking. I strongly considered having her be my final cut. Me doing this is the nice version of myself. You guys are all welcome. Meryl was paired up with Maks. She completed and won Season 18. This marked the first season Maks won. By giving him Meryl, they basically assured it would actually happen. (Maks should have stopped after this season, but that’s a conversation for a different celebrity) Meryl had a fantastic run on the show. I was more about Danica as the underdog queen, but I cannot deny Meryl’s talent. My favorite dance of hers was during the switch up week. I vastly prefer her Argentine Tango with Val than with Maks. She received many perfect scores during the season. She is a worthy winner and certainly one of the best.

CHRIS

tumblr_nlncxwhEg91tbo6e7o1_400.gifv 0584ac8741d6a6d95901ed02205e80a0.gif

My feeling on Meryl Davis is not unknown, and this ranking shall not come as a surprise - I understand that she is loved by many on this forum but she is an individual whom I never cared for, even in her sport. I know some people will say that the fact my opinion of her outside of DWTS should not count but it's hard for many of you guys to say that when you guys also judge contestants based on their career or actions prior to Dancing With The Stars. Anyway, my issue with Meryl as a contestant is not that she is a terrible dancer, it's simply the fact that she had an advantage compare to other contestants - people made a big deal when Kristi Yamaguchi went on Dancing With The Stars but I barley heard a boo when Meryl & Charlie went on, which was more serious considering they literally do ballroom dances on ice - they would have been perfect professionals for "Skating With The Stars". And one of the advantage was the fact that she performed dances that she had to performed elements of during her short dance/original dance in Ice Dance;

• Argentine Tango & Tango - Davis & White performed different elements on Tangos in 2006-2007, and 2010. 
  • Rumba - Davis & White had to performed elements from the Rumba in 2007, and some elements of Rumba in 2011-2012.
  • Viennese Waltz - Davis & White performed elements of Waltz in 2010-2011. 

These are only of the few dances with elements that she had a knowledge of, prior to the competition. And truth be told, I would hold the same views if Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir, Zach Donohue, Madison Hubbell, Gabriella Papadakis would ever compete on Dancing With The Stars or any similar show. 

STEPHY

Meryl was good for having some experience, but they overdid the storyline with the showmance and Maks not winning beforehand for me. I didn’t care about her (as her personality wasn’t it for me), but she deserved her place in the finals, I would have loved to see Charlie and James win that season, due to the fact I liked their personalities better. Someone will post all of her dances on here, so I don’t need to go into detail of how good she supposedly was. Meryl should have been Maks’ last partner and I’m a bit disappointed that she wasn’t.

Revealing your rankings before they're revealed ruins the fun for everyone :))

• Like 1

Meryl. ❤️

I knew she wouldn't win because she was definitely getting tanked rankings, so I am very happy with her placing 7th this year. ❤️ 

AMANDA

1. Meryl Davis

3. Ashley Roberts

5. Alexandra Burke

9. Danny Mac

10. Alesha Dixon

12. Stacy Keibler

13. Courtney Act

14. Melissa Rycroft

15. Brandy 

16. Laila Ali

17. Katherine Jenkins

18. Sabrina Bryan

19. Alfonso Ribeiro

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ANNE

3. Sabrina Bryan

7. Katherine Jenkins

8. Alfonso Ribeiro

9. Melissa Rycroft

10. Stacy Keibler

11. Laila Ali

13. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

14. Courtney Act

15. Ashley Roberts 

16. Alexandra Burke

17. Danny Mac

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Brandy

20. Meryl Davis

CHRIS

1. Melissa Rycroft

2. Sabrina Bryan

3. Katherine Jenkins

4. Courtney Act

6. Alexandra Burke

9. Ashley Roberts 

10. Alesha Dixon

11. Stacy Keibler

12. Alfosno Ribeiro

13. Laila Ali

15. Danny Mac

16. Brandy

17. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

20. Meryl Davis

DEE

6. Brandy

7. Meryl Davis

9. Stacy Keibler

10. Katherine Jenkins

11. Sabrina Bryan

12. Laila Ali

13. Courtney Act

14. Alfonso Ribeiro

15. Alexandra Burke

16. Danny Mac

17. Ashley Roberts 

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Melissa Rycroft

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ELLIOTT

1. Meryl Davis

2. Brandy

3. Alfonso Ribeiro

5. Alexandra Burke

8. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

10. Laila Ali

11. Courtney Act

13. Melissa Rycroft

14. Danny Mac

15. Alesha Dixon

17. Stacy Keibler

18. Ashley Roberts

19. Sabrina Bryan

20. Katherine Jenkins

LILY

3. Alexandra Burke

4. Alesha Dixon

5. Brandy

6. Danny Mac

7.  Stacy Keibler

8. Ashley Roberts 

11. Laila Ali

12. Melissa Rycroft

13. Sabrina Bryan

15. Katherine Jenkins

17. Alfonso Ribeiro

18. Meryl Davis

19. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

PUBLIC

4. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

6. Meryl Davis

8. Melissa Rycroft

10. Danny Mac

11. Brandy

12. Alfonso Ribeiro

13.  Stacy Keibler

14. Katherine Jenkins

15. Laila Ali

16. Alexandra Burke

17. Sabrina Bryan

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Courtney Act

20. Ashley Roberts 

SOLA

1. Meryl Davis

5. Alexandra Burke

6. Alfonso Ribeiro

7. Stacy Keibler

8. Sabrina Bryan

11. Katherine Jenkins

12. Laila Ali

13. Danny Mac

14. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

15. Courtney Act

16. Alesha Dixon

17. Ashley Roberts

18. Brandy

20. Melissa Rycroft

STEPHY

1. Alfonso RIbeiro

2. Melissa Rycroft

4. Katherine Jenkins

6. Danny Mac

7. Sabrina Bryan

9. Stacy Keibler

10. Brandy

12. Laila Ali

13. Ashley Roberts 

14. Alexandra Burke

15. Alesha Dixon

17. Courtney Act 

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

20. Meryl Davis

VICTORIA

2. Stacy Keibler

3. Laila Ali

5. Melissa Rycroft

6. Sabrina Bryan

10. Brandy

11. Meryl Davis

12. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

13. Katherine Jenkins

15. Alfonso RIbeiro

16. Courtney Act 

17. Danny Mac

18. Ashley Roberts 

19. Alesha Dixon

20. Alexandra Burke

WILDCARDS

2. Meryl Davis

4. Alesha Dixon

5. Alexandra Burke

7. Ashley Roberts 

10. Alfonso Ribeiro

11. Sabrina Bryan

12. Stacy Keibler

13. Danny Mac

14. Melissa Rycroft

15. Brandy

16. Katherine Jenkins

18. Laila Ali

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

20. Courtney Act

Glad that I lose someone from my bottom tier now. 

Sorry to her fans, though. At least it seems that I’m even with someone for ranking some of my favourites low.

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

I was expecting 2 20s but 3 :haha:

I knew with all those #20 spots still open, Meryl was doomed. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

I knew with all those #20 spots still open, Meryl was doomed. :haha: 

Amanda your #1 is flawless ❤️

• Like 1

Just now, Solaris said:

Amanda your #1 is flawless ❤️

Yours is too ❤️ 

• Like 1